Costa maya highlights and beach tour and cozumel eco and fury excursions?

jgperkin

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the costa maya highlights and beach tour? We are also wondering about the eco park and snorkel in Cozumel and the fury catamaran sail snorkel and beach party. We are traveling with 3 girls 7,8 & 9 and 4 adults. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated... Thanks so much!!!!!

jgperkin said:
Has anyone done the costa maya highlights and beach tour? We are also wondering about the eco park and snorkel in Cozumel and the fury catamaran sail snorkel and beach party. We are traveling with 3 girls 7,8 & 9 and 4 adults. Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated... Thanks so much!!!!!

Or would you recommend xel ha in Cozumel?

It's not an official excursion, but hanging out at the Tropicante in Costa Maya is my suggestion. It's a restaurant with beach seating in Mahuhual (sp?), the town just outside the port area.

Steve (the owner) is an ex-pat Texan and is crazy accommodating. Shoot him an email and he'll have a shaded table or some beach chairs reserved for you. Food and drink is both cheap and tasty. It's about a $2/pp cab ride to get over there.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/Tropicante.html

ChloroFiend said:
It's not an official excursion, but hanging out at the Tropicante in Costa Maya is my suggestion. It's a restaurant with beach seating in Mahuhual (sp?), the town just outside the port area.

Steve (the owner) is an ex-pat Texan and is crazy accommodating. Shoot him an email and he'll have a shaded table or some beach chairs reserved for you. Food and drink is both cheap and tasty. It's about a $2/pp cab ride to get over there.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/Tropicante.html
I've heard wonderful things butvwecreallybwanted to stay with a decline excursion being we are with three little girls but thank you so much for the idea.

I know that you said you wanted to stay with dis cruise line & at first that was my original plan for our cruise in late October.

Somehow we decided to go to Maya Chan Beach Resort: http://costamayabeachresort.com/
We have 2 young boys ages 6 & 8. We had a BLAST!!! This was the highlight of our trip since Castaway Cay was just hit by hurricane Sandy & the excursions were cancelled there.

It was $140.00 for all 4 of us & that included our cab fare, all the food & drinks, kayaking, sand toys for the kids. They even had a sandcastle building contest & all of the kids from the Fantasy won little trophies for their castles. My kids LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!! They made it so easy & I felt totally at ease getting a taxi since our names were on the list & then they all took total care of us at Maya Chan.

We even took our kids out on the Kayaks in the ocean. We insisted that they wear life vests that were provided & they only got out of the kayak for a short time but it was soooo much fun! I do not really like to snorkel personally, but I had a great time just floating in the salt water around the kayaks. The food & drinks were so good.

We also visited Nachi-Cocom in Cozumel & I liked Maya Chan much, much better.

Well.... see our You Tube Video for a look at this peaceful resort yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBjmaxYRjIM&list=UUTmDFoN5Tt2AN_O3MWV6HzA&index=8

We went to Xel Ha a couple of weeks ago. The place was nice and part of our problem was that we had a 2 year old with us but, even without dealing with a little one, I wouldn't recommend Xel Ha. You spend so much time getting there & then are stuck with a group getting snorkeling equipment, changing, putting on sunscreen - by the time you get to activities, you end up rushing to do everything. We didn't feel that we got even close to our money's worth. I'd recommend staying on Cozumel and not going to the mainland to get the most out of your day.

skzlly said:
We went to Xel Ha a couple of weeks ago. The place was nice and part of our problem was that we had a 2 year old with us but, even without dealing with a little one, I wouldn't recommend Xel Ha. You spend so much time getting there & then are stuck with a group getting snorkeling equipment, changing, putting on sunscreen - by the time you get to activities, you end up rushing to do everything. We didn't feel that we got even close to our money's worth. I'd recommend staying on Cozumel and not going to the mainland to get the most out of your day.

Thank you very much! That was one of my concerns with going there...we are really looking into eco park or catamaran excursion. I wish someone with experience knew about those! :). Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter