• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costa maya excursions

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
Btw- where did the search thingy go?? Maybe I am overlooking it:confused3

Has anyone done any of the snorkeling excursions on costa maya? That is the only day DH and I can get away without the kiddos.

Havent been to Costa Maya......but
I received a note earlier that the search bar is being fixed and will be up later. :goodvibes

Bumping for help on costa maya!

We did the Catamaran and Snorkel in Costa Maya this past August.
It was really great. I really like the Costa Maya stop - have been there 3 times. I believe the 2nd largest reef in the world is here...I think.

Costa Maya is not a city or town so if you do snorkeling there they will put you on a bus and take you to the boat which is about a 5 minute drive.

On our excursion they provided all the gear. There were 3 guides and they divided the group into advanced, intermediate and beginner.

If you have any specific questions please ask.

Has anyone done the Dolphin experience here? We have that booked currently, and I would love some feedback.

My dd and ds did this at Blue Lagoon and loved it, but we are adding this specifically for dd's friend.

We did the Catamaran and Snorkel in Costa Maya this past August.
It was really great. I really like the Costa Maya stop - have been there 3 times. I believe the 2nd largest reef in the world is here...I think.

Costa Maya is not a city or town so if you do snorkeling there they will put you on a bus and take you to the boat which is about a 5 minute drive.

On our excursion they provided all the gear. There were 3 guides and they divided the group into advanced, intermediate and beginner.

If you have any specific questions please ask.

Thank you. That is the one I was leaning towards.

Has anyone done the Dolphin experience here? We have that booked currently, and I would love some feedback.

My dd and ds did this at Blue Lagoon and loved it, but we are adding this specifically for dd's friend.

We just got off the Fantasy and did the dolphin encounter in Costa Maya. It was very well run and clean. My two daughters 8 & 5 had a blast kssing the dolphins and much more. My only tip is there is no camera's in the water and they charge you $50 for your prints. If you have someone not doing it they can take great pictures of you for free as the area is open for all the watch.

I have read many posts regarding the dolphin encounter/ dolphin swim. There seems to be a general consensus, that this is mis- treatment of mammals/ animals. Apparently, the dolphins are trained for the tourist attractions, and this animal/mammal was not meant for a dolphin swim/ encounter. They are meant to swim freely out in the ocean... but instead they are being used as a tourist attraction.This was the first excursion I wanted to partake in.... I was really excited to think we could "swim with the dolphins ",and now I am a little leary. It actually makes sense... Why are they charging $130-$175 for 15 min with a dolphin? are we encouraging this??? I am at a loss. What are your thoughts???

We did the Jungle Beach Break, Costa Maya, during our Fantasy cruise last week. We had a 30-35 minute ride in an air conditioned bus to a Uvero Beach Club, one way. It seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere! It was very nice once we got there. The locals were very friendly and accommodating. Food, beer, margaritas and soda were included. Our kids loved the virgin strawberry daiquiris and the food was very good. They offered burgers, hot dogs, chicken fajitas, tortilla chips, salad, rice and refried beans. The price also included use of kayaks and 2-person motor boats. The beach and bathrooms were very clean and they had plenty of chair loungers for all. The seawater is a little murky and full of seaweed. It is not as nice as Cozumel or Grand Cayman. The reviews that I read had prepared us for that. Our kids didn't snorkel with their gear there, but it didn't keep them out of the water either! We are glad we did this excursion but we doubt we will do it again. Next time, I would like to check out the little village that they set up for cruisers. The pool looked so inviting!!!

We just got off the April 7th Western cruise on the Fantasy and did the dolphin encounter in Grand Cayman. It was well run and we had a great time! The total time in the water with the dolphin was probably close to an hour. I was honestly surprised at how much we time we had and what we were able to do. I'm not sure of the cost of the dolphin encounter in Costa Maya or how that compares to the Grand Cayman excursion, but since they are both ports on the Western itinerary I thought I'd mention it. The cost for the Grand Cayman excursion was $125.

We just got off the Fantasy and did the dolphin encounter in Costa Maya. It was very well run and clean. My two daughters 8 & 5 had a blast kssing the dolphins and much more. My only tip is there is no camera's in the water and they charge you $50 for your prints. If you have someone not doing it they can take great pictures of you for free as the area is open for all the watch.

Thank you for your information!

We did the Jungle Beach Break, Costa Maya, during our Fantasy cruise last week. We had a 30-35 minute ride in an air conditioned bus to a Uvero Beach Club, one way. It seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere! It was very nice once we got there. The locals were very friendly and accommodating. Food, beer, margaritas and soda were included. Our kids loved the virgin strawberry daiquiris and the food was very good. They offered burgers, hot dogs, chicken fajitas, tortilla chips, salad, rice and refried beans. The price also included use of kayaks and 2-person motor boats. The beach and bathrooms were very clean and they had plenty of chair loungers for all. The seawater is a little murky and full of seaweed. It is not as nice as Cozumel or Grand Cayman. The reviews that I read had prepared us for that. Our kids didn't snorkel with their gear there, but it didn't keep them out of the water either! We are glad we did this excursion but we doubt we will do it again. Next time, I would like to check out the little village that they set up for cruisers. The pool looked so inviting!!!

Do you by chance have any pics you can share of the beach? Is there a clear area where kids could fly kites?

I was thinking I wanted to do ruins in Costa Maya, but looking at the time we have in port it seems too rushed. So have been looking at beach options, or even the boat blast.

We are trying to decide whether to do the Jungle Beach Break through DCL or just go to the beach on our own. We are looking for somewhere that we can rent a wave runner and that has massages. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

We are trying to decide whether to do the Jungle Beach Break through DCL or just go to the beach on our own. We are looking for somewhere that we can rent a wave runner and that has massages. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

We booked a day at the Tropicante for our sept cruise. It looks like they do massages but I'm not sure about wave runners. You can email Steve and ask him. When I emailed him with questions he was very helpful. Just google Tropicante and it should come up right away. I'm looking forward to our day there :)

Grab a cab for $2 pp and head to the tropicante, $15 massage for 30 min,excellent food prices, you can rent wave runners a few steps down the beach.

http://sandalsandskis.com/Tropicante.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter