Costa Maya Cruise Changed!

have been to both ports on another cruiseline and to me GC has more to do. CM was basically a few shops and a big swimming pool. not much to see at all. at least they have the turtle farm and stingrays and a few other things to do.

But that's only if you just walk off the ship and stay in the Port area. With some research and a sense of adventure there is much more to Majahual than just the pier. There's Chac Chi (The 'Hole in the fence gang") and Maya Palms resort and the laid back village beyond the pier, for example.

I'm looking into the Island and Stingray tour with Nativeway Watersports. Anyone done that one? It looks like a relatively comprehensive trip (other than Rum Point) and the time looks good for someone anxious about making it on and off the ship on time.

I'm looking into the Island and Stingray tour with Nativeway Watersports. Anyone done that one? It looks like a relatively comprehensive trip (other than Rum Point) and the time looks good for someone anxious about making it on and off the ship on time.

That one looks fun, so far I like the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Garden and Starfish Snorkel!
I really want to "go to Hell" LOL

I'm so bummed! I was really looking forward to CM. We're on the 12/20 DD and I just checked my reservation on the DCL website and not only did they change ports, they changed the dates we'll be in Cozumel. We were supposed to be there on 12/24 and now it'll be 12/23 and GC on 12/24. I'm glad I never got around to booking our excursion in Cozumel yet or I'd be having to cancel and rebook that.

I wonder when DCL is going to update the website, which still shows the special cruises to CM.

I am somewhat bummed. I have been to Grand Cayman twice already and have done all the normal tours there. I was actually looking forward to seeing the Myan Pyramid in Costa Maya. But if Disney feels that it is not ready then I guess they have their reasons. Now I am off to researching Grand Cayman again! It looks like turtles here we come...

Did they give you any idea how many cruises this might affect? I was pricing the Nov 2009 Costa Maya DD cruise. Do you think it will change too? Or is that too far out? :confused3 We did GC on our May cruise and I was pondering the idea of a different port. But it's all still theoretical at this point! :rotfl:

Karen :cloud9:

The Nov 09 DD does not go to Costa Maya - it goes to Grand Cayman. We're booked on it.

Cheers,
Lisa

Did they give you any idea how many cruises this might affect? I was pricing the Nov 2009 Costa Maya DD cruise....

At this point, it's affecting all of the 2008 Costa Maya Double Dip cruises, which are 9/27, 10/25, 11/22, and 12/20. DCL is simply saying this port isn't ready and up to their standards yet. I'm SURE you be fine in November 2009.

The actual name of the port is Mahahual, here's the only reasonably solid info I could find.

http://www.mahahualafterdean.com/index.html

Sounds like they'll be fine for '09, DCL's probably skipping it for this year for the fact that concrete information really isn't out there, just people promising it'll be ready. They'll probably send people out there once the port starts receiving ships again to check it out firsthand before making any commitment changes.

The actual name of the port is Mahahual, here's the only reasonably solid info I could find.

http://www.mahahualafterdean.com/index.html

Sounds like they'll be fine for '09, DCL's probably skipping it for this year for the fact that concrete information really isn't out there, just people promising it'll be ready. They'll probably send people out there once the port starts receiving ships again to check it out firsthand before making any commitment changes.

A DCL rep told me today that they decided to not go to CM due to the excursion vendors not being back to 100%. The excursions were operational, but not back up to DCL standards. Again, this is what the DCL rep relayed. (sounded like he was reading part of it from a script)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter