Costa Maya & Cozumel excursions with 4 year olds??

roysbrew

Mouseketeer
Costa Maya & Cozumel excursions with 4 years olds??

I need some help planning excursions for our Double Dip cruise in July. We have 4 year old twins and are trying to plan something fun for us and them.
We are supposed to stop in Costa Maya and Cozumel. We are open to DCL excursions or independent excursions.

For Cozumel we liked Xcaret but wondered if it's too far and too long. Also I'm a little worried about the ferry and seasickness.

For Costa Maya we were thinking about Chaccohoben ruins. It would have to be an indie tour because the DCL age is 5 and up. Any thoughts on who to use? I know David/Ivan and have also seen a company called Costa Maya Cruise Excursions (part of Island Marketing Co.) Has anyone used either one?

Are there better things for us to do with kids this age? Is what we are looking at too much?? What are were your favorite excursions??

BTW our kids are pretty tough (they aren't babied at all - at least not by DH & I). They don't scare easily and like adventures. We've done WDW 4 times with them so they understand about bus rides and waiting on lines etc.
Thanks for your help :)

Hi. We also have 4 year old twins (b/g). We took them on the Western last year for the 4th birthday. I have to recommend XCaret. My son loved seeing the igaunas walking around, and they had some giant sea turtles and a nice beach area. Its like walking around the jungle. We are hoping to be able to go again on the 4/22 Western (if it makes it to Cozumel) I had also heard horror stories about the ferry, but it wasn't too bad. My kids did not have any problem with it, I took an extra motion sickness pill on top of my patch and was fine. I wish we had more time at the park, but it was well worth it. It didn't take too long to get there, you get off the ferry and you take a short bus ride to the park (5-10 min.) it takes longer than that to have the group walk over to the buses.

I would suggest looking at cruisecritic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=169 for info on Costa Maya. Have a good trip. Please feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.
Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter