Cost to use Wilderness Lodge exercise?

DQPapa

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what the cost is to use the exercise facility at the wilderness lodge, if you are staying at the fort.
I think in the past it was free if you were a DVC member.

You can use the fitness center at Wilderness lodge if you are staying at the fort?

WL is not part of FW Resort and Campground. Some years ago when we were DVC Members and staying at FW in our MH I went to the WL facilities inquiring about using the exercise equipment. At that time I was told I would have to pay to use the equipment for our length of stay but I could use it that day at no charge.

Call Quest Services at WL and get the answer first hand because rules might have changed.

McFlurry John

Thanks for the info I did not expect to be able to use the WL fitness center.

Another question, do you have running courses for 6, 8 and 10 miles? I will be at the fort in sept and nov during marathon training. I need to get those runs in. We usually stay at hotels so I have my courses marked but now that I have a camper going to the fort.

Any help appreciated.

Kris

McFlurry John

Another question, do you have running courses for 6, 8 and 10 miles? I will be at the fort in sept and nov during marathon training. I need to get those runs in. We usually stay at hotels so I have my courses marked but now that I have a camper going to the fort.

Any help appreciated.

Kris

Kris,

We will be at FW early Sept. and Dec. When there I always get in a HM distance or slightly more. One inner loop of the combined Fort Wilderness Trail and Big Pine Trail roads yields 1.4 miles. I go out around 0400 when the deer out number the vehicles and humans. :thumbsup2 I go counter clockwise in the street only getting on the sidewalk if a vehicle approaches.

McFlurry John

McFlurry John

Any help appreciated.

Kris

Kris,

I have a 5k/3.1m route laid out at the Fort that you could double to get your 6-miler in. It's pretty simple - run the big road figure "8" from 1500 down towards Trails End, turn left up past Meadow TP, thru the 4-way stop, turn right down the main cabin road, then turn right back thru the 4-way back to 1500. Add in running THROUGH the loops 2000 and 1500 and that is 3.1m (I like it goes by Meadow TP close to 900 loops where there is a water fountain on the outside of the TP).

I use this tool to lay out my runs on vacation.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com

Zoom into your starting point/location, click the "Start recording" button and then double-click your way through your route (you can "undo" each leg as well). At WDW, click the "manual" option when running the road under the waterway to the Contemporary from the TTC because if you leave it on the "runner" option it will take you the long way around because the water confuses it.

Time for me to get started training. You guys are getting me in the spirit. Thanks for that - I need a kick in the pants.

Bama Ed

PS - I'd like to hear any long routes John has laid out too...

Thanks for the info gentlemen. McFlurry John, i will be at the fort Aug 30 to Sept 6. I am not sure I will be out at 0400 but 0600 is more like it.

Bama Ed enjoy the training. I think we will need to start a thread for the Fort Marathon weekend. I think there are a couple others that will be running.

Looking forward to going to the fort, but not looking forward to the heat. I may have to start my runs at 0500 with a nap in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. McFlurry John, i will be at the fort Aug 30 to Sept 6. I am not sure I will be out at 0400 but 0600 is more like it.

Bama Ed enjoy the training. I think we will need to start a thread for the Fort Marathon weekend. I think there are a couple others that will be running.

Looking forward to going to the fort, but not looking forward to the heat. I may have to start my runs at 0500 with a nap in the afternoon.

Just a little challenge going on for Marathon Weekend.....

5K----1/8/2015
10K---1/9/2015
1/2 Marathon---1/10/2015
Marathon---1/11/2015
1/2 Marathon at FW---1/12/2015 start time 0330 at Meadows
10K---1/13/2015 on board Dream
5K----1/14/2015 0n Castaway Cay

Marathon Weekend Palindrome Challenge

.....just no other takers as of now. ;)

McFlurry John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter