Cost to Drive to WDW

I'm a little confused.:confused3

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm saying that if you want to fly and it's too expensive to fly into Orlando that maybe flying into Tampa would be a cheaper alternative for you.

I saved over $500 by flying into Tampa instead of flying into Orlando and to me, it was more cost effective than driving.

For us a family of 5 I checked into flying and it would cost over $2000 to fly from Toronto into Orlando and with no car cant fly anywhere else as would have to get there so we are driving figured drive down 1 hotel night stay and take food to go buy dinner or things on the way down and going straight back to CT to see inlaws otherwise we would still do a stright back to Toronto but yeah we are renting a van for less then $1000 CAD for 12 days unlimited milage so thats great staying in Orlando 6 nights we figured about $400 CAD for gas there and back to CT and then back to Toronto so less if we were coming straight back

Anyways long run cheaper for us to drive then fly for a family of 5

I went through my trip stuff;

Gas $235 (just a shade over 2700 miles, at 33 MPG)
Accomodations $185 one night Dalton, GA going down, and Corbin, Ky return
Meals $100, both hotels provided breakfast, and we packed snacks, so two suppers and a lunch were purchased.
Tolls were $9.50
Total $519.50

Tickets to fly out of Detroit would have been $880
gas to airport $30
Hotel $120
Parking $50
Meals $70
Tolls $5
Total $1155

We used the $635.50 for an extra 4 nights there, and souveners.

We leave at 4am, and have been at Disney by lunch day 2, so it is a half day lost. We leave WDW at 8am, and are home by supper day 2, so it is a day lost. We drive an SUV as well and get 33 MPG. From Toronto to WDW is 1303 miles, at even 20 MPG this is 65 gallons each way, or $400 for gas round trip. Figure $325 at most to drive. Flying is a convenience, but it is not cheaper, unless it is a family of three or less.

I have been to Disney World several times in the last few years and I have always flown out of Toronto. Last year my daughter and I decided we were going to drive and compare the costs. To my surprise the total trip including gas there and back, hotel room on the way down (did not stop on the way back) and gas used while at the World cost us about $325.00 US. We actually enjoyed the drive (especially the going part) and the fact we had the use of the car while vacationing. We are driving down again this year for two weeks (last week Aug and first week Sept) at the WL - my favorite. I can't wait.

iluve That is exactly my sentiments....we too are paying $122 return for 4 people, only mine are opposite $34 down and $69. back. It is soooo much better and cheaper than driving, that is very sad isn't it!!! LOL!!

P.S. My dh's cousin lives in Port Colbourne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter