?cost to drill water well

In what part of the country do you live? The cost can vary greatly...and it would be better if the folks from your area give you a figure. :)

I'm in Central NY. It cost about 5,000 for our well which is 75 ft deep. The deeper they go the more it costs. That did not include the cost of excavating and laying the water lines to the house as I had a family member do that for me for alot cheaper than any company would have done that part.

I believe they accept first born children now.

Make sure you get multiple quotes. If you are replacing a well, are you certain it has to be re-done? There are some bits of piping and valves or whatever at the surface that sometimes can break and need to be replaced. We had to do this 4 years ago for just under $1,000. At the time we were told those pieces have a 5-15 year lifespan.

]I believe they accept first born children now.[/B]
Make sure you get multiple quotes. If you are replacing a well, are you certain it has to be re-done? There are some bits of piping and valves or whatever at the surface that sometimes can break and need to be replaced. We had to do this 4 years ago for just under $1,000. At the time we were told those pieces have a 5-15 year lifespan.

Wow. Prices really have come down in the recession!

South Texas, not too rural - $5000, may or not include the pump ($350-$600), won't include pressure tank and other plumbing. Don't forget that electricity must be ready also.

We paid $3,200 to replace our pump a year ago, no new hole :(

We are in Central New York outside of Syracuse in a small town called Verona. We just bought a house that has a shared well (old farm family location and the well is still shared between us and the house next door) so in the future we are thinking of doing our own. We got quotes from $3,000 to about $6,000.

Tooootally depends on how deep they have to go and if they have to drill more than once to find water.

Could be $5,000-7,000, could be $15,000. When you're getting quotes ask if someone has done wells in the neighbourhood, they'll likely have a better idea of how deep the water table is in general, though it's not a guarantee.

We paid $3,200 to replace our pump a year ago, no new hole :(

WOW!

Our pump, and only the pump (not the pressure tank) went out about 6 months ago. DH and I pulled it, replaced it and since we ended up crimping the tubing once when removing it, we replaced it too. Overall cost for a 75 foot well - about $600. Took about 30 minutes to remove and an hour to hook up and drop.

WOW!

Our pump, and only the pump (not the pressure tank) went out about 6 months ago. DH and I pulled it, replaced it and since we ended up crimping the tubing once when removing it, we replaced it too. Overall cost for a 75 foot well - about $600. Took about 30 minutes to remove and an hour to hook up and drop.

IIRC, ours was over 400' down.

edit: We did get $2 from the recycling center for the old pump LOL.

Southern Oregon here! Well drillers are about $20 per foot. We have great water areas and not so great. Some people have to drill more than once to get water. Also casing is extra! Hubby says there is a machine that adds fractures to the well as it is drilling and you can get more water that way. Our house is new but the well was drilled for an older house from the 40's or 50's. We get about 50+GPM and I think it is about 75 feet if that!

Thanks for all the info. I am in Central Mass and do presently have a well but the pressure is terrible, we are on borrowed time with the pump and we have a ballast tank that is on its way out. I was trying to decide if I would be better off to redrill

Thanks for all the info. I am in Central Mass and do presently have a well but the pressure is terrible, we are on borrowed time with the pump and we have a ballast tank that is on its way out. I was trying to decide if I would be better off to redrill

I am in Central Mass as well (Brimfield). We had a shallow well (14ft deep) and had to dig an artisan in 1999, due to the shallow going dry (eventually it came back and has never been dry since). We had a 1 yr old at the time and water is essential.

So, it was about $5,300 it is almost 200ft deep. But the casing stops about 180 ft I think. It is a cost per foot of casing, I think. Our well pump, dh dug it to the house himself. It is only about 120ft I think. We have never run out of water, ever, since digging it. We are now in another house, with a shallow well (about 18ft). At some point, I see us digging another one, but we shall see.

I am in Central Mass as well (Brimfield). We had a shallow well (14ft deep) and had to dig an artisan in 1999, due to the shallow going dry (eventually it came back and has never been dry since). We had a 1 yr old at the time and water is essential.

So, it was about $5,300 it is almost 200ft deep. But the casing stops about 180 ft I think. It is a cost per foot of casing, I think. Our well pump, dh dug it to the house himself. It is only about 120ft I think. We have never run out of water, ever, since digging it. We are now in another house, with a shallow well (about 18ft). At some point, I see us digging another one, but we shall see.

Do you remember what company you used? I'm in Dudley so not too far from Brimfield

Do you remember what company you used? I'm in Dudley so not too far from Brimfield

It was Henshaw in Chesterfield. It was 1999, and there was a drought. Charlton Well was more expensive, I know people have used CT Well. But at that time, both companies were about 2 weeks out, we could not wait. They came out in 1 day. They were a family owned company, not sure their prices now.

It was Henshaw in Chesterfield. It was 1999, and there was a drought. Charlton Well was more expensive, I know people have used CT Well. But at that time, both companies were about 2 weeks out, we could not wait. They came out in 1 day. They were a family owned company, not sure their prices now.

OK thanks I'm going to start making calls

We built our house in 2003. Drilled first well 800+ feet. No water. :sad: Second well was 800+ feet also. Finally got enough water to supply us but "you can run a car wash off of it". The driller felt sorry for us and gave us a price break on both wells. He installed the pump & everything. $13,015 later, we had water.

And about 4 or 5 years later, they ran county water out our way. So if DS wants to build beside us someday, it's available to him.

We built our house in 2003. Drilled first well 800+ feet. No water. :sad: Second well was 800+ feet also. Finally got enough water to supply us but "you can run a car wash off of it". The driller felt sorry for us and gave us a price break on both wells. He installed the pump & everything. $13,015 later, we had water.

And about 4 or 5 years later, they ran county water out our way. So if DS wants to build beside us someday, it's available to him.

Ouch-$13,000! I fear that we will be quoted $5000 and something will go wrong and it will end ujp costing $15000

I would be sure you need a new well first...

We have been here 10 years and the first time we had an issue, we needed a pump and a ballast tank.

This past year, we had extremely low pressure: basically a trickle. It turned out that the pipes coming off the pump were corroded. We replaced a bunch of them and our pressure is great. Cost for that repair was just over $500. I hope to never need a new well; it's 7-10k in southcentral PA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter