Cost of transportation from WDW to Port Canaveral

Nope, not true.

Land/Sea Package -
Round trip Airport to Resort, Resort to Port Canaveral, Port Canaveral to Airport - $70 per person

Its the same price if you go round trip from airport to cruise.

You would assume it's free. I certainly did. But it's part of the great bifurcation of Disney business units. Why would George Kalogridis pay to send you away from his parks to the cruise ships? Similarly, why would Karl Holz pay to send you back to WDW? There's nothing in it for either of them. Would be nice if someone would step in and make it free, but oh well.

With four people and thus $280 for the Disney busses, I've found hiring a private limo driver is not much more money and a nicer experience. Happy to share the driver's email over PM (who has driven me around a number of times).

You would assume it's free. I certainly did. But it's part of the great bifurcation of Disney business units. Why would George Kalogridis pay to send you away from his parks to the cruise ships? Similarly, why would Karl Holz pay to send you back to WDW? There's nothing in it for either of them. Would be nice if someone would step in and make it free, but oh well.

With four people and thus $280 for the Disney busses, I've found hiring a private limo driver is not much more money and a nicer experience. Happy to share the driver's email over PM (who has driven me around a number of times).
@EdmondD Can you tell me the price you paid for your private limo? Its just my DS15 and I, so for us round trip the cost would be $140. Just wondering how it compares.

I found a local shuttle company that will take you round-trip from the airport to the port for $40/person, and it seems to have good reviews - so I'm going with them. The only downfall is that they seem to have set pick-up and drop-off times which may not work with certain people's flights.

I've found that a group of 4 is roughly the crossover price point between DCL transport and car services. Any more than 4, you are probably better off with a car service. DCL transport from WDW to PC can take time. The bus makes multiple stops at the resorts before heading to PC. If you are one of the first folks on the bus, you can be on the bus for close to 2 hours or more (it takes about an hour to get from WDW to PC once you get rolling). The DCL transport bus from MCO to PC is a straight shot. We've used Happy Limo on a few occasions and been satisfied with the service provided. There are several other services that I've seen other favorable reviews of on here as well. One of the benefits of private car service is that they will make a pit stop for you if you forgot something.

We too use Happy Limo. Last time out there were 12 of us and we rode in a Navigator Stretch Limo for $275. KIDS LOVED IT! For our June Double DIP we are using Sunshine and an Escalade Stretch Limo for 9 persons $325.

@E ticket rider : are you on the June 26 DD? We are in Chesapeake, VA.

We also have used Happy Limo for parties of 4 or 5 and have had all good experiences with them. Also, the pit stop they make can be a 15 minute stop to fill a carry-on with your favorite adult beverages to take on-board :thumbsup2

We too use Happy Limo. Last time out there were 12 of us and we rode in a Navigator Stretch Limo for $275. KIDS LOVED IT! For our June Double DIP we are using Sunshine and an Escalade Stretch Limo for 9 persons $325.

@E ticket rider : are you on the June 26 DD? We are in Chesapeake, VA.

No. We're on the June 22 DD. I just noticed that my ticker isn't updating correctly. We are located about 30-40 minutes west of DC.

The last time we used Happy Limo, we had reserved a Suburban, but the night before we sailed, our driver called us and asked if we wouldn't mind helping him out. He had a pick-up after he dropped us off that reserved a stretch Hummer and asked us if we'd be okay with a free upgrade... We "took one for the team" and the 4 of us "roughed it" in the Hummer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter