Cost of Taxi and where to find one from POR

jmcghee2024

DIS Veteran
We are staying at POR and have ADRs for Ohana and CM. Any estimate on the cost of a taxi to these 2 resorts. Also, do we need to call a taxi or are they "hanging out" in the area of our resort. Always stayed at monorail resorts before.

You can go over to the Transportation board and there is a taxi calculator.

Taxis at POR are right out front of the main building; if you don't see one, ask guest services at the desk to the left of the front entrance and they will call for one and it will magically appear.

We took several taxis when we stayed at POR and I seem to recall our trip to the Poly was around $20, including tip.

We needed a taxi on our last trip (to go to Walmart...ugh) the CM working the desk where the cars pulled up called a cab for us.

As for rates, I cant help on that. Sorry.

We have taken taxis many times from POFQ rates have been between 8 and 15 dollars plus tip.

We always take the bus to MK and then the monorail from POR. However, the couple of times we needed a taxi, they were waiting just outside and the CM called them for us. $20 from a hotel near DTD to POFQ one night.

The subject of taxis made me want to mention something that I haven't before on these forums. We have taken taxis MANY times over our 14 trips and the convenience far outweighed the cost. However, and I can't believe I was THIS stupid....my friend and I took our 20 yr. old daughters on a girls trip to WDW. We were staying at POR. We left Hollywood Studios one night and were dead tired. We started to walk to the busses, saw the Port Orleans pull away and decided to get a cab. We walked to that area and saw taxis parked and drivers standing outside their cars talking. We walked towards them and asked for a taxi and a man pointed to his car to get in. We did. I noticed as we got in there was no marking on the car. One inside he said nothing, and I noticed there was NO meter. And the taxis I had been in had info in them. I think we all realized we could have just done a STUPID thing. He didn't drop us at the front like the other taxis had, but had us show him which building we were in. I spoke up and LIED so he would not know that and we took off faster than rabbits to our room and bolted the door. Was he legit and in a back up car? Possibly. Was he not a "Disney approved" taxi and wanted the $$? Possibly. Could he have been a psycho? Possibly! Probably NOT but we learned we have become sooo trusting while at WDW we weren't using our heads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter