• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cost of renting an RV/site ???

gohappy92

Earning My Ears
For our next visit to Disney, we were thinking about staying at FW and renting an RV from a rental company that will come and set the rig up for you. My question is, how much should we expect to pay per night for the RV rental and the site?

Probably not cost effective if you are trying to save money, but it sure is fun!

Yea I looked into this and the total cost is close to or even more then the price of a room at a moderate.

Now if you have more than 4 or 5 it can make sense. But for around the same price you could get a suite that sleeps 6 at a value.

Thanks for all of your replies:flower3: I looked into the prices, and was suprised at how expensive it would be for both the RV rental and the site. It looks like it would be an awesome experience though... maybe someday... LOL

Keep in mind that the camper gives you the ability to buy groceries and eat meals in the camper. We even pack a picnic lunch to the theme parks most days. Some people say "I'm on vacation - I don't want to cook" but to me the money is the issue.

So consider what you'd pay to eat out with a hotel room cost versus eating in with the camper/site.

Of course, you know best how you would balance the two but don't do a "room only" comparison.

Bama ED

We were at the Fort for NYE and used this company,

www.mcrfl.com

Trailer was very clean and they supplied bedding, soap, paper towels, etc. they also setup and pick up the trailer....their prices was very reasonable. In fact it was cheaper for us to rent their trailer, plus pay for the full hook up site then it was for a Value resort between Christmas and NYE. We saved money by cooking breakfast and lunch at the Fort.

Our family is big into scouting and this route was more fun then value resort and beats tent camping any day!

Keep in mind that the camper gives you the ability to buy groceries and eat meals in the camper. We even pack a picnic lunch to the theme parks most days. Some people say "I'm on vacation - I don't want to cook" but to me the money is the issue.

So consider what you'd pay to eat out with a hotel room cost versus eating in with the camper/site.

Of course, you know best how you would balance the two but don't do a "room only" comparison.

Bama ED

Yes I should have added that you do get the benefit of camping.

Its just for me camping means cheap. Growing up we always tent camped, until we bought a used really small tent trailer, to save money and I also camp if I can but its a bit of a sticker shock when you add it all up.

The tent package they have advertised looks like it would be a great idea for a "cheap" trip with my friend. I like to go to WDW in October for my birthday (and the F&W festival) and DH stays home with the kids. In return, he gets to go hunting for a week in November for his birthday.

We already have a family trip to WDW planned for the summer so a fall trip would have to be *cheap*. If I can get 1 or 2 of my girlfriends to come with me, the tent package seems like it would be a great deal.

Thanks for posting the info. It gives me something to think about:goodvibes.

We are checking into FW on 1/21 and are paying $60-$50 a night for a Full hook-up site and $125 per night for a 36' Fifth Wheel that will be brought and set up for us and then picked up when we are leaving. No its not cheap, when you look at value resorts, but its what we want to do. I cannot wait to get there!! :goodvibes

Where this arrangement (site + rental trailer) really helps folks are families/groups of 5 or more.

They would have to get 2 Value rooms or a Fort cabin <expensive>.

But a site+rent combo gives room for the bigger group, plus you get the convenience and money savings of having the kitchen to cook/eat in, and a vacation at the Fort with the trees, green space, and setting is more relaxing than a stay at an on-property hotel. Oh sure, you can pay $boatload$ of dollars for a room.

Having stayed at some of the best hotels in the world, a relaxing vacation at the Fort is ranked up there for us DIS-fans.

Bama ED

Preach on.

We love the quiet night at Ft. Wilderness after a day over stimulation in the parks.

We went in July. The site was $87/night and camper was an additional $135/night. So, it's not cheap but, then again, Disney is never cheap. :) We stayed for 4 nights. We are a family of five and considered renting a cabin but wanted to try camping. It was overall a good experience. We brought our bikes and spent lots of time on property. Fort Wilderness is a lot of fun!

I do have to caution about renting from Tina Edmonds Campatthefort.com --- we still have NOT received our $250 deposit back from her. She stopped returning calls and emails once our trip was complete. Nothing but silence from her end. We left the camper in pristine condition so there is no reason why the deposit should not have been returned. Couple that with the lack of communication from her and we feel scammed.

I do have to caution about renting from Tina Edmonds Campatthefort.com --- we still have NOT received our $250 deposit back from her. She stopped returning calls and emails once our trip was complete. Nothing but silence from her end. We left the camper in pristine condition so there is no reason why the deposit should not have been returned. Couple that with the lack of communication from her and we feel scammed.

Well this would explain things. This is what you get when you goto the site.

Campatthefort.com is not out of business!

Tina has had to deal with some medical issues in the past few months. She back and is working hard to get the website back up and running. She is still accepting reservations and can be reached at tina.edmonds@campatthefort.com

There has been several issues with Tina Edmunds before this latest scenario, so whether this is true or excuse, who knows, but I would not encourage anyone to rent from her. She has not been very dependable, and not forthright in returning deposits or calls/emails. Do business with her at your own risk!
Just my 2 cents on it!

Well this would explain things. This is what you get when you goto the site.

Well, she's made no attempt to return my emails or calls or offer any explanation for her lack of communication to me -- a customer who upheld their part of the rental. Seems very shady to me and I've filed a complaint with the BBB and a dispute with paypal. She hasn't responded to either of those. It's really too bad. We enjoyed our vacation and really liked the camper. We would have been return customers. Now, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Don't let me dissuade anyone from renting a camper and going to Ft Wilderness, just don't use the company we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter