• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cost of hair braiding on ship?

wdwmom2

<font color=teal>It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorr
Just wondering about the price of getting your hair braided on the ship? When and where do you make the reservations?

would like to know that too - read somewhere on the boards that it was a better idea to get it done on the ship rather than in port, hygiene, etc.

We were on the Magic in July, dd4 got hair braided on ship and some at CC. $1 per braid, $3 per cornrow (we only did braids as everyone said the cornrows really hurt) Plus the tip. Make your appointment early because they really fill up fast. All the little girls, and some big ones wanted their hair braided. If you get it done early, the braiders on the islands will leave you along. I bet I said "no thank you" ten thousand times! Be prepared for a lot of breakage when you take them out also. I thought I had ruined by dd's fine curly hair, but they were so cute!

As of checking the lastest navigators:

Reservations are made outside of the shops and theater. There is a book with designs. Check your navigator carefully, because it is often hard to spot!

Western-8:30am-9:30am Sun.

Eastern 9:00am-10:30am Sun.

3 day- Thursday, 5:30pm-6:30pm

4 day-Sunday 5:30pm-6:30pm

My niece paid $2 a row for a crown style.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if times have changed. I keep this info close at hand because it gets asked alot!

I just got a look at the new navigator posted on Dave's Site. It has hair braiding sign ups at 5:30pm-6:30pm on Sat. outside of Preludes deck 4 (by the shops) for the Eastern. I don't known if this changed for the Western as well.

Just make sure you check carefully on the first navigator. This is at the bottom of the page.

Can we go a little further on the pricing? I'm sure I had read that the prices were different on board versus castaway cay.

also - if you have shortish hair (4-5") - are you a candidate for a crown style?

Thanks!

When my niece had the crown done, there were 11 rows. The lady did a beautiful job, especially the way she finished it up by connecting the braids together. She took 1/2 from one braid and then half from the next braid and connected them with a bead.

I'm not sure how long hair has to be to braid. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have to be very long. Some of the kids that have cornrows at school had very short hair. It might depend also on the texture of the hair. I really don't know.

You can see my daughter's hair with beads below.
The "reservation system" on the Wonder was a disaster though so hopefully you'll have more luck but as you can see my DD was ecstatic over the result for her birthday :)
It was $34.00 plus tip.
They stayed in for 10 days after. Bit of hair came out when they took them out out. My wife and daughter did the conditioning thing.. Stayed away while they were doing that.
Knew I wasn't going to be much help!!

:rolleyes:
Cheers,
Grumbo
ccsig1.jpg

I just can not resist adding, sorry. In looking through the rest of the new eastern navigators, I saw that on Thurs. you can sign up for CC day hair braiding from 9-10 am at Mickeys Mate. I don't know if you can sign up for CC on the first night or not. Perhaps this was a small change in the navigator because they still had spots left.

I just thought you might like to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter