Cost of Fruit...POR FQ

jemck82

Earning My Ears
We're heading down to the french quarter in September...i know this is a crazy question...anyone know how much it is to buy fruit in the quick service restaurants? I know they are one snack credit, but we are trying to decide if we bring it in with the grocery order or just pick it up as we need it? TIA

A piece of fruit at Mara @ AKL was approximately $1.50. Fruit cups were close to $3.

Haven't stayed at POFQ, but at other resorts QS restaurants I found that the fruit cups (mostly comprised of cantaloupe and honeydew with a couple grapes) were somewhere around $3.59-3.79. A small cup of strawberries was around $4. Individual fruit (bananas, oranges, waxed apples- blech) were around $1.50. If you eat a lot of fruit and have a way to get some with your grocery order, I'd recommend it, you will surely save money (and have better options) that way.

The grocery service fruit can easily be half the price, but there are downsides with ripeness issues. WDW fruit seems to be fairly ripe, though I have not tasted the melon. The grocery service can be hit or miss. If you are staying for 10 days, you will want a selection of green and yellow bananas for instance.

Where are you going to store all your fruit too? A cut cantelope takes up a lot of fridge space.

I would recommend trying out some fruit from the grocery service, but still plan to buy some unless you have room to haul extra fruit back with you. That way if the grocery food is ripe upon arrival, you can consume that first and then buy fresh from WDW...and if the grocery food is not ripe yet you can buy from WDW first and eat the grocery fruit later.

Or you can stick to something safe like apples and clementines and not worry about ripeness.

I'm sure Mousekeeping would appreciate any uncut left-over fruit you might have. With their wages, they probably can't afford much fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter