cost of food for 1 person

stindall

DIS Veteran
okay, super lazy and tired right now but I may be taking my younger brother instead of my husband next year and I'm trying to sort out a few costs to share with him (he's a teenager but he's in a band that plays regular paying gigs). How much would you image food for a 7 day trip for one person would be doing only quick service and maybe a few snacks? Not doing a meal plan.

DH and I usually plan $40 per person, per day. We only do quick service and snacks. (Your brother being a teenager, you might want to inflate that a bit.)

I would tell him about $400. That may be a bit high (slightly above $55 a day) but this way he can eat whatever he wants and will probably have enough money left over. Which means more souvie money or he brings some home!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We always budget $15 per meal for quick service.....$45 per day plus $10 per day for snacks.

$55 per day is what I would budget

I would say about $40 a day as well, and you can eat well on that! :)

He's a teenage boy. I would definitely say $60 for quick services and another $15 for snacks. $75 a day

I'd say $35 to $40 a day, and that gives you a cushion. You can easily keep the costs down by not drinking soda/iced tea at meals..

I have a teenage son. I'd budget at least $55 a day.

If you grab a croissant and/or muffin at the resort for breakfast, you can probably get away with $40 a day including snacks.

thanks everyone! He actually doesn't eat a lot for a 16 year old boy BUT I'll take the median average of these answers and tell him that! The last time we went was the first trip I'd paid for myself and we got a cast member discount then so my knowledge of prices isn't accurate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter