Cost of Discovery Cove

bagsmom

Mouseketeer
Discovery Cove question...
We are going to Universal for 3 days at the end of May, then have a condo rented on the Atlantic and plan to do Kennedy Space Center and some other things. Altogether, this is costing a ton.
In the meantime -- I heard about Discovery Cove!!!! It looks absolutely wonderful and very special. The package price with Sea World and Aquatica really wouldn't be bad if A. we had the time to go to those other parks and B. we weren't already committed to spending lots of other money.
We would have only one day to spend in Discovery Cove, and from what I can tell, the cost would be about $260 per person. That's crazy money. I'm getting a little obsessed -- going up in my attic to see if I can have a big yard sale to earn some cash. :) In the meantime -- any tips or tricks for how to do this a bit cheaper?

Well having just been in Feb . All I can say is it well worth it ! Best day of a 2 week vacation which was one of the best Vacations we have ever had , so that says a lot . Admission includes all the food and drink you can consume , wet suits , animal interaction , snorkelling and just pure relaxation . I would recommend doing the dolphin swim as well . I would assume you could do it cheaper without the dolphin swim . Other then that I can't think of any other way you could make it cheaper . Just my 2 cents ! Hope you have a lovely time.

I completely agree that it's an expensive day if you aren't going to take advantage of SW & AQ. You can reduce the cost if you pass on the dohphin swim. We did and while it was a fantastic experience, we most probably won't do it in the future. You can have an amazing time without doing the dolphin swim.

If you can plan the trip ahead of time, DC has offered some pretty good discounts in December for the upcoming year. I took advantage of that offer when we went last year.

Having said all that, if you can make the budget work and this is the only realistic chance you will have to do it...then do it. Discovery Cove is my favorite park in Orlando, and Magic Kingdom isn't a close second.

I am in the early planning stages for Discovery Cove vacation. It is expensive for just DC. However, we are adding on the Busch Gardens, Sea World and Aquatica for only $25 per person more and not going to any other theme parks. So for four of us going for 5 days to a park it will be $61 per day. IMO, this justifies the cost a little more.

To Bagsmom.

Relax ..... and think.

You have lots of things planned On the Coast & only one free day & thinking of D.Cove.

So ... Here is another Plan.

You are over on The Atlantic Coast . ...... Take a trip to Titisville & Drive about 10 miles Back towards Orlando

on Hwy 50. On your Right you will come to Airboats at Midway .. www. midwayairboats .com

This is one of the best Airboat rides in Florida.

Then a few miles further on ,on Hwy 50 , & again on your right you will come to Christmas ( there is a White Christmas Tree )

Turn Right at the Tree and a few miles further on you will come To " Fort Christmas " a replica of an army fort.

Admission is free and there is a playground & picnic area.

It Titsisville there are 2 places to relax at Nicol Park on US 1 & Rotary River Front Park ( with a Jetty into the Atlantic )

Our tickets are costing £150 each ( from Uk) will be our 4th year running there and includes BG, AQ and SW. Plus 14 days free parking at the other three parks. We plan one day at DC, 2 visits to SeaWorld, 1 to BG and atleast 5 to Aquatica ( we spend lots of afternoons there) so we get the price down to under £17 a day. We also got three free tickets to Gatorland and an disposable underwater camera with our tickets. So we think it's a great deal especially as we are there three weeks so really can make the most of it. Can't wait.
As much as I love DC I don't think I would buy it if I couldn't make use of the other parts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter