Cost of collapsible/styrofoam cooler?

TracyK

DIS Veteran
Does anybody use a cooler? Do you prefer the styrofoam or the collapsible coolers? How much do they cost?. I am buying one for my trip next week. Here in the UK they cost £15 ($22). Would I be better waiting and getting one from Walmart? Do you think they are a good idea? Has yours ever leaked? I don't want to pay for fridge rental so any advice on this would be great.
Thanks
Tracy

I bought a styrofoam cool in Orlando. It was about $3.00 US. Mind you it was small but did the job. Ours did leak slightly. What you can do is fill the cooler with ziplock bags full of ice & pack them around the food/drinks you are cooling (so there is no leakage)

Our plan this trip is to use the recycling bin as an impromptu cooler for drinks.

I've never seen the collapsible coolers. Where can you get them and how big are they? Also how much are they?

Thanks

steph

We always wait until we arrived and then pick up a CHEAP styrofoam cooler from WalMart. Ususally less than $2. Last time we did get one that leaked, so we just placed it in the tub. Did the job just fine. I think this time, we will use a plastic trash bag inside just to be sure. Have a great trip!

Collapsable coolers are the insulated bags that scrunch flat for storage. They range from about 7-35 dollars depending on the size. For room cold storage the styrofoam cooler is a better bet. It is less of a hassle and you don't feel bad about leaving it. If you are a frequent traveler, though, the collapsable may be a better deal for you. Usually this time of year they go on clearance as the school stuff comes out and the picnic season comes to an end, especially in the NE parts of the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter