• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cost for Transportation to the hotels

jolene63

Mouseketeer
I was curious if anyone has taken Uber from MCO to the onsite hotels lately. If so, what is the average cost? I am new to using Uber so I'm unsure if tourist areas are more expensive than other places. I'm trying to make this quick trip as cheap as possible so I'm trying to find out the best way to get to my hotel. Usually we drive to Universal, but this time my daughter and I are flying. Thanks!

A Friday in January at 2:20 pm. Sunny, no rain. MCO to Coronado Springs. $38.01. Uber X (regular car). 2 pax. 2 checked bags. One carry on bag. 2 backpacks.

A Friday in January at 2:20 pm. Sunny, no rain. MCO to Coronado Springs. $38.01. Uber X (regular car). 2 pax. 2 checked bags. One carry on bag. 2 backpacks.
Thank you for this info! Like I said, I'm very new to Uber. Does weather and time of day make a difference on price? I would be flying in around 8:00 on a Monday night.

Sometimes during rush hour, rain, or if you are taking it to/from a park at a peak opening/closing time - price can increase because people are hailing more of them.

It's surge pricing. However I don't think it's an astronomical bump in Orlando because there are a ton of Uber drivers there. In my hometown sometimes it can go quite high in terrible weather.

I noticed when I took one from Universal at closing back to Coronado Springs it was pricier... Closer to 40ish. So maybe can be $5-7 more for a situation where a lot of cars are taken.

Others can chime in if it's been more than that for them?

Hopping aboard. Will be doing MCO- Fun Spot Kissimmee to FSO in one evening. I have Lyft pink and will post prices when I go in May. Rental car for 4 days is $290 so taking 4 Uber rides between mco, FS, USO back to MCO will be much less especially without gas purchases.

We will be there in early March. Our flight gets in really late - 12:30 am. Need transportation to Portofino. I assume Uber will have surge pricing at that time. Would it be cheaper to get a taxi?

We will be there in early March. Our flight gets in really late - 12:30 am. Need transportation to Portofino. I assume Uber will have surge pricing at that time. Would it be cheaper to get a taxi?
Surge pricing usually happens at the very busiest of times. That hour is usually not crazy busy at the airport.
You might consider Universal's SuperStar Shuttle or a private car service if you're concerned about surge pricing, but Uber and Lyft drivers will be at the airport waiting for fares. Also note that surge pricing doesn't really get passed on to the drivers except for a few extra dollars on top of what they'd usually make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter