• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cost for gas?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Hi all...I know Ive seen this asked before...but I can't find the thread now. Im trying to guestimate a budget for a trip next Feb/March. We've never driven before and might give it a try. How much do you think it would cost for gas each way from Toronto to Orlando? We would be driving a minivan. Also do you prebook a room for a stopover on the way down,..or can you take a chance and find a room last minute?...According to mapquest, I figure we'd stop over night somewhere in Tennessee. I know its a year away, but Im really missing not going this year, and planning makes it seem a little closer.
Karen

We drove down this past Jan in a minivan. Gas total for both ways was $180 usd. That incl the fuel used in Fl as we stayed off site and made a side trip to Tampa.

We never book our room ahead if we do stop overnight, but depending on exactly when you go (like Mar break) you may want the extra security. When stopping we usually stop near Chattanooga. A must have is Dave Hunters book "Along I75". Wait til the end of November to pick it up as that seems to be when the latest version is published.

Happy planning......it's the only thing that gets me through between trips!

We are driving again this year and I have set aside $300 CDN for gas. All the years we have driven we have spent around $200 but with gas prices jumping I figured I had better up it. Can't help on a hotel because we drive straight through.

Thanks for the info, folks. I was wondering about this very thing today, and bam! There is my answer....

Peace

Maureen:bounce:

I will agree that Dave Hunters book is a must have. It shows good restaurants, hotels, speed limits etc. All in detail.

I can't help with the hotels, I can't remember where it was we stopped on the way down or back. We did not reserve, just drove until we got tired. There were tonnes of rest stops with motel vacancies about every half hour. But I have to say, stop for dinner (and breakfast) at a Cracker Barrel. They were not that expensive and I loved the food. We need them in Canada.

just a quick point about the gas - I would budget a little more than last year. When we moved down here to ATL a little over a year ago gas was about 95 cents per gallon. The other day it was $1.59 and it seems to be increasing every day! Georgia is still one of the cheapest states for gas - so others on the way down will be more expensive.
Just a "heads up" so you won't have to take away a disney dinner because you under budgeted on gas!
Also - the last Tim Horton's/Wendy's is at exit #29 in Ohio (off I-75) just south of Dayton and before you reach Cincinnati....stock up on that good coffee and Timbits!

Just got back this Am and gas prices are all over the place ranging from 1.59 to 1.80in Orlando...I'd estimate high just to be safe. I've got a VW TDI Golf it gets a thousand (yes all you commuters out there..1000 kms to a fill up about 32.00 CDN) it cost me about 75.00 US round trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter