Cost for changing dates with Disney Travel?

jmagla

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We booked a hotel and ticket package for next year with the recent Disney price glitch (20% discount and extra $300 gift card). We will be starting to look for flights in the next couple of months, my question is: if flights are much cheaper for say a week after our travel dates and we ask Disney if we can change dates, will there be any admin fee and are they likely to honour the discount and extra gift card?

Maybe someone else who got the glitch has changed dates already and can give me a heads up, thanks Michael

If I remember rightly it's £50 admin charge for any changes to dates etc. but I think that if the total cost of the holiday increases then they don't charge you the admin. fee. I don't think that the 20% discount and gift card will be honoured if you change your booking, they will probably just charge you whatever the price is at the time. At least that is what we were told last year when we wanted to change our booking from a studio to a 1 bedroom at OKW after the 40% discount had ended!

If I remember rightly it's £50 admin charge for any changes to dates etc. but I think that if the total cost of the holiday increases then they don't charge you the admin. fee.

this is correct.

I don't think that the 20% discount and gift card will be honoured if you change your booking, they will probably just charge you whatever the price is at the time. At least that is what we were told last year when we wanted to change our booking from a studio to a 1 bedroom at OKW after the 40% discount had ended!

There is a fairly good chance your discounts and gift card will go down the drain.

Unless they do you a huge favor, you'll probably only be able to change one of your trip's date (arrival or departure) you can add days before or after your stay.
Changing both dates will most likely result in a full cancellation (with full loss of deposit) and new booking with current conditions and offer (and loss of previous discounts and gift cards)
You might be able to add days before and after your stay, changing both dates, but you'd probably have to have your original dates included in your new stay

I think you'd better call them and ask. and come back with whatever answer you get

this is correct.

There is a fairly good chance your discounts and gift card will go down the drain.

Unless they do you a huge favor, you'll probably only be able to change one of your trip's date (arrival or departure) you can add days before or after your stay.
Changing both dates will most likely result in a full cancellation (with full loss of deposit) and new booking with current conditions and offer (and loss of previous discounts and gift cards)
You might be able to add days before and after your stay, changing both dates, but you'd probably have to have your original dates included in your new stay

I think you'd better call them and ask. and come back with whatever answer you get

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I will give them a call to get the "lie of the land", I have the flexibility to add a week or so either side to give me a bit of flexibility regarding flight dates, no way I will do a change that results in the loss of the £640 discount and $500 free gift cards.

Let us know how you do I think I might want to change the dates on my 'glitch' holiday as well. I'm sure some people were able to change their dates way back when we first got offered the discount.

this is correct.

I had to change both dates for my holiday and they didnt cancel and make me re-book i just hacd to pay the £50 admin fee,"mine was NOT booked with the glitch though" but i just wanted to say that they was able to change my dates etc with no other costs or cancellations other then the admin,

I doubt that the discount and GC would apply from the glitch though,as they told me that my Gift card would not apply from booking the yr before luckily i got to keep it as a few of my middle days was still the same just not the start or end lol

I have an email from them saying I have to book my flights by a certain date to be able to take advantage of moving dates and keeping all my perks extra gift card etc, at no cost, or I can cancel by certain date and get a full refund of my deposit.

E-mail them and see what they say.

The glitch was when the Disney uk booking site allowed you to book any Disney hotel for two weeks in school hols with tickets for the amazing price of a park ticket each. So you get GF for 738.00 for two weeks. Disney apologised for the error and offered us all 20% off the advertised normal price as an apology for the disappointment, or we could cancel at no cost. We also got a $300 gift card as well as the advertised $200 dollar one.

I've just done this due to booking flights months after booking my Disney package. There was no equivelant rooms available for our earlier days so had to upgrade to the next room type. That cost us less than $100 so I wasn't complaining as the flight savings were much more than this. We also kept all our extras.....:thumbsup2

We ended up having to change our check-in dates for this August twice due to flights, and Disney did this at no extra charge.

Our first change was when the flights were booked - we were originally booked with Disney 4th to 18th Aug, but our flight returned on 16th so we pulled our dates forward by 2 days.

Come New Year's Eve, I discovered our AF return flight had been cancelled, and rebooked onto a flight on 17th August. However, this would have meant booking a single night at the end of our Disney stay, so although the OKW discount and free dining offer had finished, on our fourth attempt one of the US Reservations Staff called WD Travel UK and managed to get them to slip our booking a day so that we could check-out on the 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter