Cosmic Rays

countingmomma

Mouseketeer
We ate a Cosmic Ray's on Friday & were surprised (perhaps I should have done more research ;) ) to find that there were three different stations to order and pay at. Of course ds & his friend wanted food from one station & dh & dd from another. So we split up, but that meant we had to stand in 2 lines & pay at 2 stations. I'm sure Disney thought this helps to split up the crowd, but it seemed to make things more complicated. The food was good, though.

Oh, and there were 20% off coupons included with park maps that day for Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's & 2 other restaurants - but you had to eat there before 11:30 (which we did) or between 2:30 & 4:30. We only had one coupon, so that further complicated our ordering. A cm called for a manager who gave us additional coupons because you had to use a separate coupon at each station, too. We saved about $8 on our lunch.

I believe it is for crowd control. We eat there every trip. And every trip I have to go in all three lines. First for the kids (then wife takes them and starts them eating) then I get the wife's food and finally mine. I'm a fast eater so by the time I get mine and get back to them I finish right about when they do. The key is to get there before the lunch rush hits.

How would this place work on the dining plan?
On our plan we have 2 adults and one child.
would we have to get all our food at one station- together?
Example- does each station have the same desserts?

all three counters with the DDP if that was necessary. When an adult meal is ordered they'll log that against your credits. Same with a child.

I can't answer your question on desserts ecause I haven't paid that much attention to them. We usually go to two different counters and never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter