Cosmic Rays Questions...

pixiedust4five

Mouseketeer
We always eat at Cosmic Rays a couple of times each trip. I always get the ribs and chicken. I have always wanted to try the potatoe croquette but was told they were not sold a la carte. Is this true? Sometimes I think some CM's just don't know, so they say you can't do that:rotfl: Has anyone enjoyed the corned beef, is it good? We also love the veggie soup and now I see they also have chicken noodle soup, is this good? Thanks:tinker:

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question... thought I'd give the thread a bump.

Cosmic Rays was one of our favorite CS eateries last week... very much a surprise. We knew we'd get big portions, but were surprised that the food was pretty good -- we were as suprised/pleased with Cosmic Rays as we were surprised/disappointed by Tangierene Cafe.

I do not see it listed as being sold seperately on the menu. I wonder why its not??

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question... thought I'd give the thread a bump.

Cosmic Rays was one of our favorite CS eateries last week... very much a surprise. We knew we'd get big portions, but were surprised that the food was pretty good -- we were as suprised/pleased with Cosmic Rays as we were surprised/disappointed by Tangierene Cafe.

Bumping to ask why you were disappointed with Tangierine Cafe? I love Cosmic Ray's (Sonny is almost as good as a character meal), and I wanted to try Tangierine on our next trip.

Bumping to ask why you were disappointed with Tangierine Cafe? I love Cosmic Ray's (Sonny is almost as good as a character meal), and I wanted to try Tangierine on our next trip.
The "Shawarma" wasn't -- rather, it was just a mediocre gyros. It was served with a roll instead of pita (which others noted before, but it didn't hit me just how disappointing that would be). That was the only day we ended up getting "Second Lunch".

The potato croquettes come in a pre-packaged Kosher TV - type dinner that is microwaved. I had it last time because I misunderstood and thought it was a corned beef on rye sandwich. However, it was a corned beef and potato dinner with a rye roll. Truthfully, I wasn't very keen on it - corned beef was somewhat tough.

The potato croquettes come in a pre-packaged Kosher TV - type dinner that is microwaved. I had it last time because I misunderstood and thought it was a corned beef on rye sandwich. However, it was a corned beef and potato dinner with a rye roll. Truthfully, I wasn't very keen on it - corned beef was somewhat tough.

So this meal was not very good - microwaved:scratchin I had thought about trying this but now I'm not so sure! Just out of curiousity, what are the potatoes like? Does anyone know the difference in the Kosher burger and a regular burger, does it taste better? I still may just order something extra at this counter (along with my ribs and chicken:rotfl: ) just to try it, I have to get our soups here anyway:rotfl: Last summer we thought the ribs here were better than Flame Tree, they were pretty tough at FTB:confused3

I had it in August, so I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that the potatoes were the best thing. The corned beef was hard to cut with plastic utensils and the roll was dried out, like you sometimes get in a microwave. I love corned beef sandwiches, but would not get this again. (although I do not need kosher for religious reasons so my options are greater)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter