• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado VS Dolphin both Standard Rooms

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
Current have Coronado Springs standard room booked for 6 nights....total $893.00....they are offering the Dolphin standard room for $1003.00(this includes a $100.00 food and credit at the resort), which we will easily use...making the total $903.00 ....looking for thoughts for $10.00 difference...and I have included resort fee and parking fee in the $1003.00 which one might be of interest or what is better about each for 1 adult and two 12 year old females....any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated...............

Are you factoring in the cost of not having Magical Express?

We just stayed at the Dolphin in May. When I booked the room I was comparing another moderate (POR) to staying at the Dolphin, but the Dolphin was a few hundred cheaper because of the deal we got (which was ultimately a huge reason why we picked it).

I really liked the Dolphin. I think it would be more fun for 12-year-olds than CSR. You are right by the Boardwalk area and can walk to Epcot. There are more dining options at Dolphin, which was something I enjoyed more than expected. I'm a picky coffee drinker, so it was nice having Starbucks in the room. I think I would have enjoyed the pool at the Dolphin more at that age than CSR. The beds are super comfortable at the Dolphin, which was a huge plus.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but I would pick Dolphin.

What about bed size? I know at CSR they have queen size beds, not sure about Dolphin.

If bed size doesn't matter, than I think you would like Dolphin because of the location. While it's not as close to walk to EPCOT as BW or YC/BC, the boat transportation to both EPCOT and DHS is great.

Now having said that, we are giving CSR a try, mainly because it has Queen size beds - full size are just not quite big enough for my tall family.

We are big fans of the Dolphin. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS is such a terrific bonus to any trip. We have been staying at the Dolphin since our kids were small and they have always loved it.

Hope you have a wonderful time, which ever you decide:)

So, the cost of a rental car and parking fee is included in your total above? If so, go for the Dolphin! Great location and the beds are heavenly!

We have stayed at the dolphin a few times and really enjoy the hotel. The pool is great , Starbucks coffee is a huge plus. The beds are super comfortable, they are the heavenly beds, and I find the gym area with sauna to be another huge plus. The proximity to Epcot and nearby resorts is a huge perk, and gives you tons of dining options. The only drawback is paying for your airport transfers, but we don't mind .... Sometimes it is nice not to be on the Magical Express schedule, you can get to the airport pretty quickly and use that extra time in parks, etc.

We have stayed at both, and we really enjoyed both for different reasons. With the close proximity to Epcot and the Boardwalk, Dolphin would win out for us.

Have a great trip!

Dolphin!!!!

1. Interior corridors are generally safer
2. Beds are SO much nicer then anything Disney offers
3. Join the Starwood guest program. You can earn free nights (Not going to happen at DIsney LOL!)
4. Pool, they have a great pool set up that I think is much nicer the CSR.

Location, location, location! Dolphin just wins that by a mile!

Yes, the Dolphin! For all the reasons above: location, beds, pool, restaurants! We have stayed at both and the CSR was nice but felt a bit remote (as moderates do)- but loved the Swan and Dolphin being in the Epcot resort area.

Yep -- Dolphin for sure! If you want queen beds rather than double, I think Swan has queens (but double-check that).

The only think I would change about our Dolphin stay is I would pay enough money for a balcony. The rooms are rather small there and a balcony would have made it feel bigger.

We've stayed at both CSR (multiple times) and Dolphin (once.) I could definitely tell the difference between a Disney resort and the Dolphin, and the Dolphin definitely had more of a convention feel than any of the other resorts on property. It's a little tough because I love Disney resorts and CSR is definitely my favorite moderate.

But given your travel party and the minimal cost difference between CSR and the Dolphin, I agree that the Dolphin would be a great choice here. You just can't beat that location! The difference between buses everywhere at CSR and bus to just two of four parks at Dolphin is huge. Walking (or boat) to Epcot and DHS is a significant factor for us. We have two pre-teens (and a pre-schooler) and they love the proximity to DHS, Epcot and all the other resorts around Crescent Lake. I think the Dolphin pool area is a little more appealing to tweens than CSR and we think the dining options at the Dolphin are far more varied and interesting than the options at CSR. On one end, Picabu is open 24 hours and has a nice selection - we think it's quite good. On the other end, Bluezoo is one of our favorite signatures. At Dolphin, you also have access to movies on the beach, shopping and dining at Boardwalk and BC/YC.

If you go with Dolphin, I'll second the previous poster's suggestion to join the Starwood program. We did, and even without any points accumulated, they upgraded us from standard to resort view. A few photos:

f1a6fc63.jpg

b0a72cb1.jpg

And the pool:

47a5ef54.jpg

61f5b7a0.jpg

c358a022.jpg

The resort:

4eef001e.jpg

3af0d6a7.jpg

Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!!

We've stayed at both - pay the $10 more for location location location! Dolphin Dolphin Dolphin!

I think the girls would love to stroll back from Epcot on The Boardwalk, there are some awesome street performers there until 11pm, and lots of snacks & shopping.

Like others have said, keep in mind your travel costs to & from MCO, if that's a factor for you. You said you figured in "parking" fees so you may be driving down or have a rental. If so , then DEFINITELY Dolphin!

Had already planned on renting a car with either resort choice.....I dont like going any where without a car, just personal choice.....so in the figures I included parking fee of 13.50 a night at Dolphin....and with that it is only a $10.00 difference.....Coronado Springs is by far my favorite moderate, however, I was thinking along the same line as some of the posters....location, location, location...............thanks everyone.....

Hi Tylerbug - you got a much better deal. We are in the same situation, but staying Dolphin will cost us $100 more and that is without parking. Tyring to decide if we can manange without a car. I was just asking myself this morning "if all things were equal i.e price" which would I choose. I think I am going to start a new thread to find out about dinning choices since I wonder if we will spend more on $$$ at the Dolphin, that way I can really compare. Have a great trip.

First off I want to say THANK YOU for posting this!!!!

We are currently booked at POFQ during Pop Warner week and I've been losing sleep over fear that our vacation can possibly be a huge disappointment with the crowd there.

I've been going back and forth on what to do. Switch to a resort that doesn't interest me (CBR is the only thing available right now in the mod's)
But then the deluxe resorts are just getting to darn pricey.

Figured I would just stay off-site and save $1000.

Anyway after reading your post I did some research and also found this wonderful deal during our stay! We're AAA members and the rate is fabulous! We would pretty much pay the same price and get the extra luxury!
Only down side... IF by chance I get a pin code for free dining etc. It can't be applied. Which is what I was hoping for to help save some money.

But I think this is worth that savings alone!

SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :worship::worship:
Guess I didn't think to book with them separately for the great rate. Disney has it listed at almost $4000!!! granted that includes tickets, but still, a MUCH higher rate.

So now I am rethinking my POR stay for the end of August.

What is a "great rate" for the Dolphin? There is also a resort fee in addition to the parking fee.

What is a "great rate" for the Dolphin? There is also a resort fee in addition to the parking fee.

Our room was $151/night over Memorial Day weekend and the resort fee was around $10/night. We booked with an ABA discount. We also didn't have a car, so no parking fees. We thought our rate was pretty good, and it wasn't even Disney value season.

So now I am rethinking my POR stay for the end of August.

Well I got AAA discount, but they have other offers as well.
I would go to their site directly.
http://www.swandolphin.com/
Or I think you can even go through Sheraton?
With the parking and resort fee we are at the same rate as POFQ. And the great thing is, the location is much better, looks like more to do in the area. You can walk to Epot, DHS and the Boardwalk.
(These are all things I'm learning tonight from all the wonderful advise on here).
Your resort fee includes 2 bottles of water a day, high speed internet (which you have to pay for at an Disney resort) and use of the workout facilities, etc. So it's worth it to me. I don't care for the parking part of it. But if it's the same rate as a mod and you get (what I call) deluxe.. That's better then any pin code out there. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter