Coronado Springs?

DaystarPearl

Mouseketeer
What are my chances of not getting a standard room view of the parking lot of the Coronado Springs Resort? I will take any standard room just really do not want one viewing the parking lot. Also do they have cots at this resort? Any extra cost?

We've stayed at CSR 5 times standard view, and had a parking lot view once. There are no cots, but you can bring an Aerobed....We've done that several times.

I stayed standard and didn't not have a parking lot view. (And I didn't make any requests last time.)

I feel like it's been reported that they added cots, but I don't know for sure.

Do you have a king room booked by chance? Every time I have stayed in a King room there, I have had a courtyard view.

As far as cots or rollaway beds, they may have a limited number and there is typically a charge per night. This has been my experience at other resorts. I don't recall if the charge was $10 or $25 per night though, both stick in my head for some reason.

We will be staying in a standard room when we are there next month. I opted to book a standard room because, the last time we were at Disney we had a river view room at POFQ and we didn't enjoy the scenery while in the room. Since we always close the shades, it really was a waist of money IMHO...the only time we really saw it was when we were heading out or coming back to the room. Now if there was a balcony, I would definitely pay for a room like that again, but since there is not, a standard room whether we have a parking lot view or not is just fine for us. However, if you really don't want a parking lot view, I would suggest that once you get there go straight to the front desk and ask where your room is located (when you check in) and if you don't like the view of the room, ask if there is one that doesn't have a parking lot view opened.

We stayed at CSR in April, and I honestly couldn't immediately remember if we had a parking lot view or not. We were facing the parking lot, but our part of the building was set back, so there was a large grass courtyard between us and the parking lot. The view is kind of irrelevant for us unless we're at a deluxe with a balcony. Whenever we were in the room at CSR, we closed the drapes, because we didn't want anyone walking down the hallway looking right into our room. The rest of my family were facing one of the pools, they were a little annoyed by the amount of noise people were making in the pool late into the night.

If it's that important, I would call, see if they can tell you what percentage of standard rooms have non-parking lot views, and put in a request (although my room requests have almost always been ignored).

We love Ranchos. I call and have them put on my reservation a request for Building 6 B. Guaranteed no parking lot view, either courtyard or landscape. We always have had that request filled, maybe because most people are requesting Cabanas or Casistas.

PS While I know many don't care because they keep their curtains closed, I do care. I had a Cabana room that while it didn't face parking, it faced walkway to parking. From early in morning until late at night there was lots of noise from folks and electric carts coming and going. At POR we had a room that luckily tucked just inside a hallway but for others there were car headlights, car noise, slamming doors and people talking at all hours. It's not a view issue for me as much as a noise issue.

Last edited:

We had a standard view in Casitas... but we didnt care because 1. our blinds were closed while we were in the room and 2. we were in the parks most of the time.

We love Ranchos. I call and have them put on my reservation a request for Building 6 B. Guaranteed no parking lot view, either courtyard or landscape. We always have had that request filled, maybe because most people are requesting Cabanas or Casistas.

PS While I know many don't care because they keep their curtains closed, I do care. I had a Cabana room that while it didn't face parking, it faced walkway to parking. From early in morning until late at night there was lots of noise from folks and electric carts coming and going. At POR we had a room that luckily tucked just inside a hallway but for others there were car headlights, car noise, slamming doors and people talking at all hours. It's not a view issue for me as much as a noise issue.

We just stayed in 6B. It was pretty low on the noise scale (we didn't have more than the usual), and heard no cars, we also had bus stop 3 close on us for unannounced construction. Meanwhile, bus stop 3 isn't all that close, and you have to walk through (or around) 7A to get there.

The Dig Site is about the same walk as the bus stop; not terrible, not great (but not nearly as bad as anything in Casitas). Personally, I would have preferred 8A, but I know that fills up quickly.

The Dig Site is about the same walk as the bus stop; not terrible, not great (but not nearly as bad as anything in Casitas). Personally, I would have preferred 8A, but I know that fills up quickly.

Funny cause my PS about all the noise and traffic by our room was in 8 A and I never want to stay there again. And we were on the so called quiet side of the building.

Funny cause my PS about all the noise and traffic by our room was in 8 A and I never want to stay there again. And we were on the so called quiet side of the building.

Hah! Different strokes, I guess.

If we had gone in November, and not the heat of August, it may have been different. After a tiring day with the oppressive heat, the longish walk from the bus stop, especially after the construction started, wasn't fun. It's just laid out oddly, with there really being no easy way to get to bus stop 3.

I can imagine that the quiet side of 8A was even noisier with the people from Ranchos going there for the bus stop as well.

We stayed for the first at CSR in May. We were given 6B. On the right side of bldg if facing bldg on the second floor..which means the elevator is on the opposite side. I went to bldg 6A found their house phone by their elevator and called to have my room switched to ground floor. Didnt have to go to lobby (great thing about MBs). I had asked for it when I did online check in but of course that was a request only. Thankfully they found a ground floor room. I have problems with my knees and I'm not suppose to use the stairs but was crazy how the elevator is to one side of the bldg not center....we're going back next week. Hoping for a ground floor.

We like staying at CSR but if you're needing a 5th sleeping space and want to stay in a moderate resort have you considered CBR or POR? They both have the pull down single bed. It's a little shorter than a regular length twin but one night in a pinch when my adult daughter and I were doing a long weekend at wdw her fiance and my adult son joined us and took me to a concert as a birthday surprise in the middle of our trip. They spent the night with us so I slept on the pull down bed rather than try to share a disney queen with my son whose a big guy. It wasn't that bad as long as I didn't try to stretch out on my back (I'm 5 ft 8 and 140 lbs for reference).

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about the view. We hardly had our blinds open as everyone else in the resort can walk by and look in your room if you do. ALL the rooms open to common walkways.

There's nowhere to sit outside your room… So basically you're paying for what you see for 30 seconds as you walk out your room to head to the bus stop.

We had a water view room because it helped my odds not being in the Ranchos but we didn't really enjoy it.

Now when you're staying in a deluxe and you enjoy a late night drink or some early morning tee on your balcony that's when the view is more important!

You can always hit one of the waterside lounges… Or hang out in a hammock overlooking the water !!

We had a Ranchos 6A room last year. Very close to parking and transportation, so convenient, but on corner by stairs so very noisy. I'm calling to request something else for our upcoming trip. Thanks for info!

You chances are good. If you look at the map, most building do not have lot views because the ends of the buildings face the lots.

Yes, they do have roll-a-way beds but only on a first come, first serve basis. They cost $16.71 per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter