• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs?

Tink316

Mouseketeer
We haven't been to Disney since 1998 so I'm sure much has changed. Last time we went, we rented a house with 2 other families. This time, we're planning to stay inside the parks.

Does anyone have experience with the Coronado Springs hotel...I heard good things, but don't know anyone who has actually stayed there.

Any information or advice would be appreciated.

P.S. We have an 8-year old son with down syndrome...and a 20-year old who will join us since he was with us in 1998...kinda like a "10-year anniversary" for our older son and us. :)

Thanks!!!

My DH and I stayed at CSR in September of 2006. It was a nice stay, although I prefer POR to this resort. Your children will love the pool, it is fantastic.

CSR is a wonderful resort. It is a bigger resort so you might want to request a certain area to stay in.

BUZZ has a great site dedicated to this resort. I'm sure he'll respond to your post soon and when he does, check out his site, you'll love what you see. (Thanks Buzz)

CSR is a very nice moderate - I stayed there with my family in March, 2007. The grounds are beautiful, and the pool is amazing! That being said, I thought our room was very average and the restaurants were fairly high priced, and not that great. If I were selecting a moderate again, I would choose CSR, but I think I am more of a deluxe girl.
Good luck with your selection!

I just posted this the other day...but I loved CS. The resort is big, but each section of the resort has it's own bus stop making it easy to get around. The grounds are beautiful and the food court is the best. Also the rooms seemed huge!!!

I've stayed at all the Moderate resorts and CSR has been my favorite as well as my family's favorite hands down. We had absolutely no problems there and can not say enough great things about it.

Aloha live from AKL,

My family and I recently spent 10 PMs at CSR (22-31 Dec).

Good: Pepper Markert. Excellent fresh food with great selections.
Dig Site. Awesome pool with exceptional slide.
Transportation: Buses do an outstanding job. Close (less than 10') to Studios, Epcot and AK. About 15' from MK.
Sidewalk: Great jogging trail.
Lacking: Bathrooms only feature one sink. It can be a choke point when the family is prepping for a departure.
Maid Service. Very inconsistent. Some days good others very poor despite our tips ($20 on Christmas Day and $10 on other days).
Room Bldg. Becareful of which room bldg you ask for. Make sure it meets your personal needs. Bldg 9B is ideally located next to Bus Stop #1, Pepper Market and the bridge to the Dig Site.

CSR is a great resort. I've stayed there nine trips and never had any issues. Always a great stay. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.

Forgive me for going off toipic, but I think your kids would love Pop Century Resort. The 8 year old will love the game room and pool and the 20 year old will like the music and cool factor. It is a value, but it is really fun.

I have stayed at the moderates in the past and I liked them, but none of them had the fun and wow factor that Pop Century does.

Just don't rule it out because it is a value resort. Even if I had to pay the same price as the mods, I would still choose Pop.

I think both would enjoy the main pool at CSR way more than POP. Sand volleyball court, arcade, great slide, awesome hot tub and the pool is the best.

We were at the CSR this past September (and the September before) and will be there again this September. My DH asked if I wanted to switch to Polynesian since it is our 25th wedding anniversary trip. I told him NO! I love the CSR. We have always had terrific interaction with ALL cast members, mousekeeping was terrific, love the Pepper Market, love the Gift Shop, love the Dig Pool, Hot Tub and Quiet Pool, love the spa, love the landscaping, love the location, love the trail--okay, I love everything about the CSR.

Happy planning! :banana:

We've stayed at CSR twice (Feb 2006 & April 2007), also been to CBR 2005 & PORS 2003 and CSR is by far the best choice of the MOD's! We have a DD12 who LOVES the pool area (especially the slide) and I'm sure both your children will love it too!:banana:

A few points:

Pool: Awesome slide, large swimming area, plenty of lounge chairs, umbrella tables, fun playground (the dig site), volley ball court and an arcade near the pool. They also have what I consider the best pool bar / snack bar of the MOD's!:cool2:

Resort: I've heard complaints about CSR being too big... I don't see it:confused3 ! (CBR is much bigger!) The resort is well laid out, beautifully landscaped, clean and well maintained. Of course the CM's are what you expect from Disney... great!

Food: The Pepper Market is our favorite food court! It takes a little getting used to (you get an order slip upon entry and get it stamped at the food station you choose, and pay on the way out) but the food is top notch! Mexican, Chinese, Italian, American, Bistro... the choices are very good. For breakfast, lunch or dinner we never had a bad meal (the Prime Rib is my personal favorite):thumbsup2

Transportation: The resort is centrally located so bus rides are seldom more than 10-15 mins. to any park (the ride to Blizzard Beach is about 90 seconds!!) They also have golf cart transportation around the resort, just ask at the front desk!

Enjoy.....:banana:

My family and I stayed at CSR in Feb 2007 and loved it. The number 1 reason I enjoyed CSR is because it is such a relaxing resort and a great atmosphere. After hectic days in the parks, it's just so nice to return and sit by the pool (Dig Site area) and relax while the kids swim and play. There were 21 of us in our Grand gathering group, and we've all unanimously decided to return in 2009 to the same resort. You will hear people say it's a large resort, but so are many others. We found Cabana's building 8a to be very convenient to bus stop 4 and the Dig Site, as well as less than 5 min. walk to the main area (El Centro).

I agree with everyone else...We love CSR. We just got back from our first time there 18-23 of Dec. I, too, was hesitant but was so glad we did it.

Buses: Great transportation. We never stood once! The busses were quick and the bus stop was not far from our room at all.

Rooms/Maid Service: We had a great mousekeeper. The rooms were clean, though my sis and her family did have an issue with a room reeking of smoke. The CM's were great about moving them quickly and getting them set up in the same bldg just a different floor. That 2nd sink did play a part in things actually. At home and the other Mod's we've stayed at had that 2nd sink. DH and I are just used to having the room. But, we adjusted after the first couple days.

Food: We enjoyed both Pepper Market and Maya Grill. Both had great selections and the CM's very nice. Couldn't complain about a thing there.

Overall: This is definitely a resort for my family. I worried about it not being "Disney" enough because it was a convention resort but I am glad it was. After a long day in the parks, it was nice to come back, sit at the little bar by the lagoon and just RELAX. The kids were able to rent the paddle boats and walk around the lagoon while we sat. We never lost sight of them but provided us with MUCH needed separation. I think this part of our day enabled us to have 0 meltdowns which always happens with dh and one dd. Even at Disney, everybody gets tired and needs a minute to relax.

Loved loved CSR and will definitely be returning!

Kelly

I agree with everyone else...We love CSR. We just got back from our first time there 18-23 of Dec. I, too, was hesitant but was so glad we did it.

Buses: Great transportation. We never stood once! The busses were quick and the bus stop was not far from our room at all.

Rooms/Maid Service: We had a great mousekeeper. The rooms were clean, though my sis and her family did have an issue with a room reeking of smoke. The CM's were great about moving them quickly and getting them set up in the same bldg just a different floor. That 2nd sink did play a part in things actually. At home and the other Mod's we've stayed at had that 2nd sink. DH and I are just used to having the room. But, we adjusted after the first couple days.

Food: We enjoyed both Pepper Market and Maya Grill. Both had great selections and the CM's very nice. Couldn't complain about a thing there.

Overall: This is definitely a resort for my family. I worried about it not being "Disney" enough because it was a convention resort but I am glad it was. After a long day in the parks, it was nice to come back, sit at the little bar by the lagoon and just RELAX. The kids were able to rent the paddle boats and walk around the lagoon while we sat. We never lost sight of them but provided us with MUCH needed separation. I think this part of our day enabled us to have 0 meltdowns which always happens with dh and one dd. Even at Disney, everybody gets tired and needs a minute to relax.

Loved loved CSR and will definitely be returning!

Kelly
Thanks for sharing!

We stayed at CSR for the first time in May 2007. We absolutely LOVED it!!!

It was me, DH, DS9 and DS6. The boys loved the pool! We enjoyed the Pepper Market - we were on the dining plan so we weren't concerned with the prices. I cannont comment on the buses - as we had a car. The resort is BIG but absolutely beautiful. No complaints here.

In fact, we are in the planning stages for this year and just last night my younger son said, "Can we go a week earlier?" I asked him why, and he said because he wants to stay at CSR again. He just loved it there, the room, the pool, the food court and the smell of the air there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter