Coronado Springs vs Pop Century

houston22

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon everyone! We are planning our third trip to WDW for this December to take advantage of free dining (yay!).:banana:

We previously stayed at Caribbean Beach and did not like it at all. The buildings were way too far apart and walking from our room to get food after a long day in the park was not fun. On our most recent trip, last December, we stayed at Art of Animation and we LOVED it! The rooms were close to the pool and the main eating area. The only downsize was that we sometimes had to wait quite a while for the bus.

So this year, we have narrowed it down to Coronado Springs or Pop. The 2 are going to be about the same price once I upgrade the dining package at Pop. However, I am really worried about that walk at CS. Does anyone have an opinion on which of these 2 are the best (or a suggestion for another one)? We will not spend a lot of time in the room, as we are definitely park people. We just want a resort that is convenient and has food that is easy to get to!

Thanks in advance!

Good afternoon everyone! We are planning our third trip to WDW for this December to take advantage of free dining (yay!).:banana:

We previously stayed at Caribbean Beach and did not like it at all. The buildings were way too far apart and walking from our room to get food after a long day in the park was not fun. On our most recent trip, last December, we stayed at Art of Animation and we LOVED it! The rooms were close to the pool and the main eating area. The only downsize was that we sometimes had to wait quite a while for the bus.

So this year, we have narrowed it down to Coronado Springs or Pop. The 2 are going to be about the same price once I upgrade the dining package at Pop. However, I am really worried about that walk at CS. Does anyone have an opinion on which of these 2 are the best (or a suggestion for another one)? We will not spend a lot of time in the room, as we are definitely park people. We just want a resort that is convenient and has food that is easy to get to!

Thanks in advance!

We have never stayed at CSR, but have been on a tour of the property. Yes, it is spread out, but the Moderates have more to offer than the values. The pool at CSR is awesome. Queen beds vs. full and table restaurant. I would choose CSR over Pop just for the extra room you get, especially at equal price.

The only thing that may sway your decision to POP is that they are testing the Magic Bands at POP and CSR does not have them yet.

I know you said that you decided between the two, but if you are looking for a moderate resort without all the walking, then POFQ is for you. Add the boat to DTD and it's a great resort if you want the benefits of mod without having to walk forever to eat. The downside to POFQ is no sit down restaurant, but you can always head over to POR via the walking trail or boat to have dinner over there.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, POFQ is not on the list of available resorts for free dining, and POR is sold out!

Based on your complaints of CBR, go with POP Century. But since we loved Coronado, did you think of a preferred room, eliminates a lot of walking! We always get a preferred room, no matter which resort we stay at! Worth it for us! Just our two cents! :rolleyes1

Based on your complaints of CBR, go with POP Century. But since we loved Coronado, did you think of a preferred room, eliminates a lot of walking! We always get a preferred room, no matter which resort we stay at! Worth it for us! Just our two cents! :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

If you can book a Preferred room at CSR, I would dp that. If you are only budgeting for a standard room, I would probably opt for POP I guess unless you don't plan on spending much time in El Centro to browse, eat, etc in case you end up quite a distance from the lobby.

You are correct, there is a lot of walking at CSR. We were in Casitas 4 and it was quite a hike in the mornings & evenings to fill our refillable mugs. We didn't really mind all of the walking, but if we stayed there again we would book Preferred.

CSR has queen beds (I'm not sure what POP has), upgraded toiletries (separate shampoo & conditioner, bar soap, shower gel), sliding door to separate the vanity area from the room, fitness center, etc. POP has a better food court as far as having more variation in food. CSR has amazing bus service and I don't know how POP's is. POP has a much more "Disney-like" theme and CSR is a southwest/mexican theme that isn't very "Disney" to me (although some people love it). A lot of people love CSR's pool.

We have stayed at both and I prefer CSR over Pop. Pop is OK, but CSR feels more like a vacation. Pop is just too busy -- visually and literally. CSR has a much more relaxed feeling like I think a resort should have. The beds at CSR are so much more comfortable, too.

Another option at CSR is the Business Class. Those rooms are very close to the main building, not too far from the main pool, and have access to a lounge with breakfast foods in the mornings and snacks in the evenings.

and has much more of a resort feel than POP. We stay at POP for a "down and dirty" trip - at the parks all day, just want a clean room to sleep
& shower. CSR does involve more walking (we were in the beach-y area, can't remember the section name, bldg 9 - close to the pool and bus stop #4) and the CS is not a food court but a sit down option that we loved - Pepper Market.

We were fortunate to secure POFQ with Free Dining for our trip but I would not hesitate to go back to CSR for a more relaxing trip or POP for the aforementioned "down & dirty".

We LOVED Cafe Rix at Coronado Springs. It's not quite "grab and go" but it's close. If you get a hot choice, it is made fresh and will take some time but well worth it. I had the roast beef sandwich two nights in a row, my husband had the hot dog and was able to switch to a regular roll instead of the pretzel one and declared it the best Disney dog ever (and he's eaten just about every choice) and then had the chicken sandwich and his only "complaint" was he likes his chicken a little more black but otherwise got a thumbs up. We took the food back to our room but there's plenty of outdoor tables to have a nice meal. Excellent choice - we almost stopped in there for breakfast just because of how much we liked dinner. It's a place I'd go to even if not staying at Coronado Springs.

Not that thrilled with Pepper Market or food court at Pop Century.

I have stayed at CSR 5 times and POP twice. Both are fantastic resorts, but I prefer CSR for the awesome pool, bigger rooms with down comforters, and nicer food selections.

I think, looking at the menus, POP's food court sounds better. But CSR has queen beds and is a lovely resort. Also CSR's pool looks awesome. It is a big resort though, so if you didn't like CBR because of its size, I don't think CSR is going to be better (and yes, I know they also have internal bus stops).

It depends on what you want out of your holiday.

In my opinion, CSR has the best food court of all the resorts. Great options and fantastic quality. I would not hesitate to return there again.

I have never stayed at Pop century but stayed at Coronado Springs in Dec 2011. I was in one of the rooms furthest away from main building I did not find the walk to long and I have stayed at Carribean beach and agree a lot of walking. but it is more then if you were at All stars resorts if this help. Coronado has free wifi and was very quiet at night

Thanks in advance!

Hey Houston, Deer Park here. We are going to CSR from December 1-7 on free dining also. We stayed at CBR once and Pop three times in the past. I prefer Pop to CBR but we stayed at CBR in the summer so the walking was tough in the heat and both have full beds. I really didn't see much advantage to CBR at all. My original reservation was for ASMU and I refused to upgrade from value until I was able to get another moderate even though CBR was available with free dining.

We really like Pop and we liked being able to walk across the bridge to the AOA resort. If the bus for Pop wasn't at the park bus stop and a AOA pulled up, we would jump right on it and walk across the bridge to Pop.

That being said, I am really looking forward to staying at CSR. The rooms look much nicer than CBR in all the reviews and the Queen size beds will be nice. The Pop mattresses were kind of hard on me last time and I am hoping CSR mattresses are better. Since it will be December, I not real worried about and maybe even looking forward to walking around the resort. We went in Dec, 2011 and the weather was excellent.

Anyway, have a great Holiday trip. :santa:

If the price difference is minimal then I would go with CSR. I really love both BUT CSR is more serene and beautiful. Pool is fantastic, there's a hot tub and quick service with mug refills at the pool! So convenient.

We stayed in cabanas 8b section. What perfect location! Its right across the pool and beside the bus stop (3rd pickup). The buses at CSR were THE BEST I have experienced at any other resort in disney. I never waited more than 5-10 min and I never had to stand. Even from MK after wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter