• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

coronado springs resort

hammie59

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience staying in Cabanas 8A at CSR? We will be there April/May 2008 with 2 small children and have requested that building based on someone else's reccomendation. Just wondering if we chose a good location since I've never stayed at that resort before. Thanks.

Yes, it's one of my favorites. It is the closest building to the main pool and bus stop #4. It's a great building. As you go up, the buildings get further away from the pool and closer to the main building but nothing unmanageable, cabanas 8b, 9a or 9b. Check out buzz2001's CSR site. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

From what I have heard it is one of the best locations. My husband and I prefer Casitas 4 or 5 which is by the quiet pool and not too far of a walk to the main pool (which we seldom use since we don't have any little kids anymore) and about a 5 minute walk to the main building. I believe the location you mention is closer to the main pool as well as the bus stop.

Cabanas 8A and Ranchos 7B are the best locations for the main pool and both are close to bus stop 4. We were in Ranchos 7B this past May and it was great, had the quiet pool and the laundry also.

We went earlier in the month and I had requested any of the Cabanas.. Hotel was booked full. Dont assume you will get what you request.. Its not a for sure thing. Only choices we had at checkin were Ranchos.. nothing else open.. We stayed in Ranchos 7B.. corner room on the back... great area.. 30 ft from Bus Stop 3 and short walk to Main Pool.. very quiet. We were very happy. But still would have liked the Cabanas area.. it just wasnt available.

We went earlier in the month and I had requested any of the Cabanas.. Hotel was booked full. Dont assume you will get what you request.. Its not a for sure thing. Only choices we had at checkin were Ranchos.. nothing else open.. We stayed in Ranchos 7B.. corner room on the back... great area.. 30 ft from Bus Stop 3 and short walk to Main Pool.. very quiet. We were very happy. But still would have liked the Cabanas area.. it just wasnt available.
Actually, 7B is close to bus stop #4 and sits right behind cabana 8a. It is a great spot.

You are right Buzz. I just looked on the map. We were in 7A-- the bus stop is actually closer to 7A than 6A- we were on backside of building on mid corner and it was right out our door. straight across the parking lot. Still a good location- transportation wise, with bus stop right there and you can ride the buses around the resort.. the shuttles are not always around. We will definately go back to CSR.. It was terrific!

We were in 8A lake-view for a week last month with my 10 & 12 year olds and we all loved it. As others have said, 8A is the closest building to the Big Dig but we could neither see nor hear the pool, and aside from swimming we could dash over there for free soda refills. It was very convenient to bus stop 4. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and were never on a bus that was full! It was a little bit of a walk to the Pepper Market/gift shop but we all enjoyed the walks, as the grounds are beautiful & we always saw turtles and/or ducks and ducklings near the bridge over the lake on our route to the main building.

We were in 8A lake-view for a week last month with my 10 & 12 year olds and we all loved it. As others have said, 8A is the closest building to the Big Dig but we could neither see nor hear the pool, and aside from swimming we could dash over there for free soda refills. It was very convenient to bus stop 4. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and were never on a bus that was full! It was a little bit of a walk to the Pepper Market/gift shop but we all enjoyed the walks, as the grounds are beautiful & we always saw turtles and/or ducks and ducklings near the bridge over the lake on our route to the main building.
Welcome back and thanks for sharing! Glad you enjoyed CSR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter