• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely take a cab or drive for a 7:30 resort ADR, since you are supposed to check in 15 minutes early and will have to take the resort monorail from the MK if you take the bus. If you drive, you'll need to either valet park or move your car to the TTC after breakfast, which will eat up some time, or you can park at the TTC and take the resort monorail to the GF or Poly. I think valet parking is $12 or $14 plus tip - it might be cheaper than a cab. I'd also take a cab or drive for the 7:30 BC - even if you could get an Epcot bus, it goes to the front of Epcot and you need to be near the back (and can't walk through at 7:30). If you drive, you will have to move your car to the Epcot lot after breakfast (unless you valet park), so I'd just do a cab.

It is pretty easy to drive to DHS - I'd probably drive and get a front row spot for that ADR. But I thought the earliest ADRs at HS were at 8:00? Are you going to Hollywood and Vine?

Rather than rent a car for 9 days and pay valet parking on several days, it sure does sound like it would be cheaper to take a cab each morning to each resort for our breakfast ADR's, then go to the parks from there.

And you're right - our ADR for Hollywood and Vine is at 8:25am. Not sure why I was thinking earlier.

Rather than rent a car for 9 days and pay valet parking on several days, it sure does sound like it would be cheaper to take a cab each morning to each resort for our breakfast ADR's, then go to the parks from there.

Absolutely. :thumbsup2 You can take Disney transportation for early ADRs, but the 7:30 ones at resorts are problematic. I'd just sleep a little later and pay for a cab for the earliest ones.

Looking to see if anyone has gone to the Maya Grill for breakfast. In 2008, I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet there and have been told that it may come back if there is enough interest. But in the mean time, I am curious how the breakfast is.

:sulley:

i had breakfast there this past monday. i wish i were having breakfast there tomorrow :(. there was no breakfast buffet. i had a cheese and mushroom omelet, breakfast potatoes and toast. my daughter went to brekfast with me (a mother daughter only thing) and had pancakes. our food was very good and so was the service. i seriously would recommend it to anyone. if you go for dinner the steak was really good too. we also enjoyed the live music they had in the evenings. i think you would enjoy it!

heres the link to the menu for dinner and breakfast if interested.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/maya-grill/

Magic Kingdom is better by bus than car. Even if you end up waiting for a bus at the resort, its quicker than parking at the TTC and trying to take a boat or monorail to MK.

I agree with the previous posters that I would not drive to MK. I hate the way the parking lot is set up (unless it's been improved in the last 10 years - the last year we parked there), with no clear markings for the tram and people pushing & shoving to get on. Then the tram to the TTC then the wait for the boat/monorail. To my mind, this is also "waiting for Disney transportation" so I'd rather just skip the whole thing and take the bus.

Epcot is easier to drive to, but if you're enjoying the adult beverages, the bus is pretty good.

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Making notes in my disney planner now :) Seems like Magic Kingdom would be one place we wouldn't drive to. And depending on the activities, epcot as well! lol I am so glad these threads are around. Fiance and I would be lost since its his first time, and only my second. I am so over-organized for this trip already and we still have just under a year to go!

So what is the deal with getting a cab at CSR? Do you have to walk all the way to the front lobby to get one or maybe they could send one to the front of your building?

Having never been to CSR before and hearing how big and spread out it is, I'm wondering if the walk from room to lobby for a cab could be substantial enough to impact any time savings.

So what is the deal with getting a cab at CSR? Do you have to walk all the way to the front lobby to get one or maybe they could send one to the front of your building?

Having never been to CSR before and hearing how big and spread out it is, I'm wondering if the walk from room to lobby for a cab could be substantial enough to impact any time savings.

A cab driver would have a difficult time getting to your building. Room key is required at the gate to get through to the different village parking lots. On the return trip a taxi could drop you off at your building, you'd be there with the key to insert to lift the gate.

It will be my second stay (so far :goodvibes) at CSR. We were only there two nights before and didn't take notice of whether the taxis were just dropping off or available. I could call the concierge before we take our stroll up front. Thank you.

On the same topic...we have a 7:30 am Chef Micky's ADR and we will have a car. Should we just park at CR and then move the car or should we just take the bus to MK and then monorail it over to the CR? Are the monorails even working that early? MK opens at 9 am the day we will be there.

Take the bus to MK, and then walk to CR. When you get off the bus, just turn right instead of left. There's a walkway to the back of CR, with a sign. It's no more than a 5 minute walk, which is what it would take to walk from the bus or the TTC to the monorail.

Any tips on how to work transportation for our last day?

Drive to MK and monorail to Grand Floridian? Then monOrail to MK?

How early would we need to leave for an 8:00 ADR?

Thanks. This is ALL so new!
Stacey

Starting to plan our 2012 trip and would like some info about BREAKFAST at Maya grill. Anyone willing to share their experience?

Had breakfast there Dec 2010 and enjoyed it. I had Eggs Benedict, I'm pretty fussy on how I like my eggs cooked (no runny white!) and they were perfect. Hollandaise sauce tasted like it came from a packet and then sat a long time, that was the only negative. My friend got a skillet which was HUGE and she said it was great. Had wonderful service, the waiter gave us coffees to go at no additional charge.

Thanks.

i had breakfast there this past monday. i wish i were having breakfast there tomorrow :(. there was no breakfast buffet. i had a cheese and mushroom omelet, breakfast potatoes and toast. my daughter went to brekfast with me (a mother daughter only thing) and had pancakes. our food was very good and so was the service. i seriously would recommend it to anyone. if you go for dinner the steak was really good too. we also enjoyed the live music they had in the evenings. i think you would enjoy it!

heres the link to the menu for dinner and breakfast if interested.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/maya-grill/

Thank you very much! We plan to eat there most mornings during out trip. I guess we will be still hoping the buffet comes back before then.

:sulley:

I've got another question regarding flights & CSR...

First, we are coming from WA state so there are no "short flights". No matter how you dice it, it takes about 8hrs to arrive in Orlando. I'm looking at an overnight flight where we board the plane the night before (2/10) our check in date, and arrive in Orlando the day of our reservations (2/11) at 6:55am. Now, I know our room wouldn't be ready first thing in the morning...but can we still check in around 8am, leave our luggage/carryons w/ bell services and get our KTTW cards so that we can enter the parks that morning & use our dining plan? Or can we not check in until a certain time? We don't need to be able to access our room until the evening as long as we can leave our luggage at the resort.

I've got another question regarding flights & CSR...

First, we are coming from WA state so there are no "short flights". No matter how you dice it, it takes about 8hrs to arrive in Orlando. I'm looking at an overnight flight where we board the plane the night before (2/10) our check in date, and arrive in Orlando the day of our reservations (2/11) at 6:55am. Now, I know our room wouldn't be ready first thing in the morning...but can we still check in around 8am, leave our luggage/carryons w/ bell services and get our KTTW cards so that we can enter the parks that morning & use our dining plan? Or can we not check in until a certain time? We don't need to be able to access our room until the evening as long as we can leave our luggage at the resort.
The system rolls over at about 6am and that's the earliest time you can check in. So you'll be absolutely fine :).

I'll be checking in at CSR next Saturday, Sept 24 :yay: When I made my reservations I requested the Cabana section and told them we were celebrating my granddaughter's 9th birthday. Should I be calling them this week to confirm they have my requests? Also, in previous years when we stayed at Disney Resort Hotels for my granddaughter's birthday, they brought a balloon to our room for her. Does anyone know if they still do that? This is our 5th visit to Disney World and we have always tried a different hotel. We've never stayed at CSR and after reading this thread I am really excited. Can't believe it is only one week away!

The system rolls over at about 6am and that's the earliest time you can check in. So you'll be absolutely fine :).

Yay!!! I was hoping that would work out okay. Hubby would much rather do a redeye (surprised me) and I was excited because that gives us an extra full day versus arriving at 5pm. Perfect! :woohoo:

I'll be checking in at CSR next Saturday, Sept 24 :yay: When I made my reservations I requested the Cabana section and told them we were celebrating my granddaughter's 9th birthday. Should I be calling them this week to confirm they have my requests? Also, in previous years when we stayed at Disney Resort Hotels for my granddaughter's birthday, they brought a balloon to our room for her. Does anyone know if they still do that? This is our 5th visit to Disney World and we have always tried a different hotel. We've never stayed at CSR and after reading this thread I am really excited. Can't believe it is only one week away!
It's worth calling if you're concerned about them, but there is no actual need to.

As far as the balloon, no idea. I'd think it's up to the individual CMs at the resorts as it's not a policy or anything like that. Having no kids and my own birthday being 5 months after my trip, I have 0 experience with it :p

Hope you have a great time, and if you see a random guy taking pictures of everything in the resort... give me a wave ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter