• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I check in tomorrow morning at csr! So excited I won't be sleeping much tonight! I'm hoping for cabanas section :)

Happy check-in day today!!

Can you tell me more about this boat? My DD & I sometimes get a little queasy.

The boats service the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, and Yacht and Beach Club. There is an Epcot boat and a DHS boat. Typically they don't rock much, and they don't run in inclement weather either. They are airconditioned or heated depending on the time of year. They do not travel very fast. For most people, it's a nice relaxing boat ride.

Another option to get to the Boardwalk would be to hire a taxi.

Or you can bus to DTD and hop on a Boardwalk Bus. Or if you don't want to ride a boat, just hop the first park bus (other than Epcot) to arrive, head to that park, and get on the Boardwalk bus.

Years ago, they ran a bus from CSR to the Boardwalk. Too bad they stopped that.

Can you tell me more about this boat? My DD & I sometimes get a little queasy.

We just returned earlier this week from a stay at WDW and we decided to take one of these boats from the Studios to Epcot. The entire route is a "no wake zone" so you can literally walk faster than the boat travels. Plus, our boat was not air conditioned. It was about 93 degrees out and with the humidity it felt about 105. It was actually warmer in the boat than outside. With all of the stops this boat has to make at the various resorts it was a very hot 20 minute boat ride. If you have time to kill and it is not that warm out, it probably would be a nice boat ride.

This time tomorrow we will be enjoying lunch at the Pepper Market before taking a delightful swim in the Dig Site pool.:yay:

This time tomorrow we will be enjoying lunch at the Pepper Market before taking a delightful swim in the Dig Site pool.:yay:

Getting excite all over, each time I read a post about those leaving or just about to arrive. :dance3:

Have a safe trip, and enjoy your magical time at the wonderful world of Disney.
:thumbsup2

We will be right behind you, we will be arriving on Tuesday. Doing the single hand high 5. 5 days from today we arrive.

We just returned earlier this week from a stay at WDW and we decided to take one of these boats from the Studios to Epcot. The entire route is a "no wake zone" so you can literally walk faster than the boat travels. Plus, our boat was not air conditioned. It was about 93 degrees out and with the humidity it felt about 105. It was actually warmer in the boat than outside. With all of the stops this boat has to make at the various resorts it was a very hot 20 minute boat ride. If you have time to kill and it is not that warm out, it probably would be a nice boat ride.
Thank you for your input. I guess we will just wait until we get there and wing it depending on the weather and our energy level.

Happy check-in day today!!

The boats service the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, and Yacht and Beach Club. There is an Epcot boat and a DHS boat. Typically they don't rock much, and they don't run in inclement weather either. They are airconditioned or heated depending on the time of year. They do not travel very fast. For most people, it's a nice relaxing boat ride.
That doesn't sound bad. Could be worth a try, thanks.

My family and I will be staying there Sept 30-Oct 3!! We are hoping for building 8A again! It was such a great location when we stayed there in June so we'll be crossing fingers for the same location!!!!

My family and I will be staying there Sept 30-Oct 3!! We are hoping for building 8A again! It was such a great location when we stayed there in June so we'll be crossing fingers for the same location!!!!

Was this during the busy middle to end of June? If so, how was it getting a bus at stop #4? I heard it's a nightmare during peak season.

TIA

Was this during the busy middle to end of June? If so, how was it getting a bus at stop #4? I heard it's a nightmare during peak season.

TIA

I stayed there for a few nights as I was moving to the area so we didn't go to the parks. We went to dtd on July 1st and it took 25 mins to get a bus but it wasn't crowded. We stayed June 29 to July 2nd.

Last year I stayed in 8a too and we took buses to all parks and never waited more than 15 mins and they weren't busy either. That was the third week of oct 2010.

The bus stop is right next to 8a as is the pool!!!

Hope that helps!?!?

We stayed at CSR for one night before our Memories package started at CBR. We had a great stay! Beautiful resort!!!! I actually wish we would have stayed there instead of switching to CBR. We stayed in Casitas and had a gorgeous view of the pool. I'm not all that familiar with CSR so I'm not sure if it is the only quiet pool or just one of them. Unfortunately, we never got to swim in the pool because just as we lathered up with sunscreen and headed out, a bad storm (remnants of Irene) passed through. They closed the pool and we never made it back.

At first it was confusing trying to figure out where our room and the elevators were, but once we did, we were good to go! I would definitely recommend this resort to others!

TIA

szubieta, we stayed in 8A during Mardi Gras/Spring Break. Once we decided to take the bus, and had problems to MK. Bus was full and drove right by us.

In August we were in the Casitas. While I drove to the parks, my 17 year old took a bus to MK and one to DHS. He had no problems either time.

We stayed at CSR for one night before our Memories package started at CBR. We had a great stay! Beautiful resort!!!! I actually wish we would have stayed there instead of switching to CBR. We stayed in Casitas and had a gorgeous view of the pool. I'm not all that familiar with CSR so I'm not sure if it is the only quiet pool or just one of them. Unfortunately, we never got to swim in the pool because just as we lathered up with sunscreen and headed out, a bad storm (remnants of Irene) passed through. They closed the pool and we never made it back.

At first it was confusing trying to figure out where our room and the elevators were, but once we did, we were good to go! I would definitely recommend this resort to others!

Glad you enjoyed your night at CSR. The pool by your room was one of 3 quiet pools.

How exciting!!!! Have a fabulous time!!!! :goodvibes

We will be there Sept 23-Oct 2!!!! :yay::yay:

Disney mail came in yesterday and after tomorrow there's nothing but time standing between me and our vacation.

I am enjoying the anticipation but man I want to be at CSR chillin with my baby & my hubby:beach:

TIA

We stayed in Cabanas 8B last year during Pres. Week, one of the busiest weeks of the whole year, and never had a problem getting a seat on a bus at bus stop four. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys! We'd rather be close to the big pool & spa, for after the parks, but would give that up to make sure we don't have to wait forever for a bus. :confused3 As we're there during Christmas and it IS a really big resort. I am even considering putting in for Ranchos 7A or 6B, they really seem kinda close to the pools and not far from bus stop #3. :goodvibes

Everyone that's going soon...have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

Love being able to see months instead of year on my ticker :) Cannot wait to be at CSR with my soon to be husband:lovestruc

We returned Monday from a 4 night stay at CSR. It started out rocky, but ended well. We arrived really late Thursday night (it was actually close to 2AM on Friday morning.) I had requested top floor anywhere in the Cabanas, but the only rooms left were in the Ranchos. They had us in 7B. I begged for anything in either the Cabanas or Casitas, but there was absolutely nothing else. And to make matters worse, there was no bell staff available to take us to our room. After a half hour, they finally got one of the front desk CM's to drive us over in a van. He walked us to our room, but didn't take any of the bags. Needless to say, our first impression was not good. The fact that our next door neighbor had created their own private smoking area out on the balcony, complete with empty beer cans for ashtrays, made matters worse. The smell seeped into our room. I was not happy, but it was late and we were exhausted. The only real positive was that our room overlooked the quiet pool.

On Friday, we spent the day at AK and returned to find the situation was still an issue. Went into the room and while we got ready for dinner, 2 of our neighbors were outside continuously, smoking and chatting for almost an hour. I called to complain and was told security would be up to take care of things. When we left for dinner, there were 2 other people smoking on the same balcony on the way to the elevator. When we returned from dinner, the beer can ashtrays were still there and my kids and I'd had enough. I know smoking is a bit of a taboo subject here on the DIS, but I had to mention it - I mean how else am I going to explain our displeasure? We called again to complain and were offered an opportunity to move. They told us to start packing and as soon as the room assigner could find us something else, bell services would come move us. It was around 11PM, but I was happy to move right then and there, rather than be inconvenienced the next morning and cut into our park time.

We got moved to Casitas 1, to room 1267. It was on the 2nd floor. LONG walk to the Dig Site, but we learned to love the proximity to El Centro. And we got free wi-fi internet access (a test for building 1 only) so that was an added bonus. I very much appreciate that we were essentially upgraded to a preferred location. It made all the difference and changed our whole perception of CSR. The Casitas have a very upscale feel to them. Honestly, with the exception of the exterior corridors, it felt almost like one of the deluxe resorts. The queen beds are sooooo comfortable. The landscaping is just lovely. By comparison, the Ranchos felt more like a Motel 6 with a nice pool. I know the rooms themselves are identical, but they felt like completely different resorts to us.

We thought the bus service was good; we would catch the buses at El Centro, but use stop 2 upon returning to the resort. Seemed like the walk was about the same, and we got off the bus sooner. We only had breakfast at the Pepper Market, but my kids loved getting a "real" breakfast to start the day. Enjoyed it so much, we used 2 of our 4 CS credits there. I felt like it was a buffet where you could get exactly what you wanted but not worry about eating too much. Very nice concept and far preferable to most CS breakfast options.

We walked over to the Dig Site twice over our 4 night stay. The first time was the night we moved. We are night owls and I was eager to relax in the hot tub and wind down a little. There were only a few other people there. At one point in time, a security guard drove up and was talking to the people on the other side of the pool. My kids were being, well kids and a bit loud and I didn't want to get in trouble. The guard drove over towards us and motioned to me. Then he told me, "maam, there's no need to shush the kids; no one will hear them." I thought it was pretty funny! We also spent most of the day Sunday at the Dig Site. It wasn't crowded at all and the kids loved participating in the games. We thought the slide was great. Overall, the only pool at WDW that I think is better is SAB.

One other interesting occurrence while we stayed at CSR was that first full night when we were headed to AKL for dinner. I opted for taxis rather than buses that night - since it was our only transportation expense for the weekend I thought it was well worth it for the time it saved us. Especially since we were running VERY late for our ADR at Jiko (we got to El Centro with only 10 minutes to spare.) And wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find anyone to get us a taxi. Sure enough, a man over by the entrance mouthed "taxi" to me and I said yes. (I think it was pretty obvious that I was in a hurry to get somewhere.) Anyway, the man turned out to be a limo driver rather than a taxi driver. I was a little unnerved when we got in the car and I saw there was no meter. But I wanted to get to AKL so I just let it go. He charged us $17, which was a bit outrageous (our return trip by legitimate taxi was just about $11.) But he did get us to our ADR and on time, to boot, so I guess that was worth the extra $6. I just thought the whole situation was a little off.

When we left Monday, I stopped by the front desk and asked for a manager so I could thank them for moving us and let them know what a favorable impression we were leaving with. We are DVC members, but I booked a free dining trip. With 2 kids who are adults on the DDP, I thought it was a great deal. We would absolutely stay here again. But I would put in a room request along the lines of "anywhere but the Ranchos." As nice as the Casitas are, I still think the Cabanas have the best overall location, being somewhere in between the Dig Site and El Centro (that's why I requested the Cabanas in the first place.) If we could forget that first night & our inconsiderate neighbors, I'd have nothing but good things to say about CSR.

We will be right behind you, we will be arriving on Tuesday. Doing the single hand high 5. 5 days from today we arrive.

I'll be there right in between you two. I should be arriving at CSR about lunch time Saturday.:woohoo:

I'm also hoping for 8A or really anywhere in the Cabanas. I just don't want the Ranchos.:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter