• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Miinie&Tink and Saskdw - this type of "review" is exactly the thing I searching for...someone who has stayed at the other resorts (CBR, POFQ) and CSR and can offer the comparisons

Any more??? Looking forward to them :-)

I have stayed at all four moderates more than once and would rank them:

#1. CSR--best food court on property, best bus service, most comfortable queen size beds, longest pool slide of the moderates, biggest hot tub on property, only moderate with a health club/spa/beauty shop, love the white sand beaches and hammocks in the Cabanas and lovely fountains in the Casitas. I've stayed at CSR six times and will be there again in Sept and then again in Nov/Dec.:rotfl:

#2. POFQ--also has queen size beds, but not as comfortable as the ones at CSR (I was at CSR this past Dec and at POFQ this past May). love the boat to DTD, love that even though they share buses with PORs, POFQ is always the first stop so you get a seat in the mornings, love how small the resort is and how no building is very far from the main building or boat dock, love Elliott Dyson's show in the lounge. The only thing I don't like is that they do not have a TS restaruant like the rest of the moderates.

#3 PORS--beautiful, peaceful resort, excellent food court second only to the one at CSR, love the boat to DTD, enjoy Ye Haw Bob's show in the lounge. Don't like how big the resort feels or don't care for the bus service (not really bad, just not as good as CSR or POFQ), currently undergoing rehab so will have queen size beds too

#4. CBR--will be the only moderate left with full size beds, did not care for the food court or bus service and also had poor housekeeping both times I've stayed there, main pool and hot tubs always crowded, and did not care for how big the resort felt. It is a beautiful resort though with it's bright colors and white sand beaches.

I can do online check in today!!!!

Shih-Tzu, I have stayed at all the mods except POFQ, Dec will be our first stay there. Though I have walked the property many times when we stayed at POR and even just stopping in for a beignet when not staying.

We enjoyed staying at CBR, but not as much as CSR or POR. We didn't care for the food court. Also, the buildings do not have elevators and that was a pain with a stroller. I would not stay here without a car. We stayed standard twice and preferred once. Both times in standard rooms, we drove to the food court to eat each time. In fact, if we took a bus, we drove to the food court and parked, so that we could stop at the food court when we were done at the park, then drive back to our room. The pool is not as nice as CSR's.

POR use to be our favorite mod, until they gave CSR queen size beds. I loved taking the boat to DTD!! Love Yeehaw Bob's show! Love the swimming hole, and all the quiet pools! Prefer the Pepper Market selection of food over POR.

This has probably been asked before, and I apologize for that. Does anyone know the interior dimensions of the in-room safes? We're trying to figure out if our laptop will actually fit in it or not.

TIA!

Laptop - probably not. Net book/I pad - possibly. I saw pictures on another thread here on the DisBoards - if I can find it, I'll let you know where it was but it showed a wallet, cell phone and somthing else in the photo....

Laptop - probably not. Net book/I pad - possibly. I saw pictures on another thread here on the DisBoards - if I can find it, I'll let you know where it was but it showed a wallet, cell phone and somthing else in the photo....

Oh thank you for reminding me! I saw that picture but I'd gone through so many pages that I'd forgotten, but I found it again.

I am trying to find a place that list cancelled ADRs on the disboards for Nov. and Dec. I cant seem to pull up anything. Some of the places we want to eat are already full on the ressie site so I thought it may be worth watching. Any suggestions of where to find it would be appreciated. I'm new at this and kinda dumb at navigating but i am learning thanks to you helpful CSR people. TIA

I am trying to find a place that list cancelled ADRs on the disboards for Nov. and Dec. I cant seem to pull up anything. Some of the places we want to eat are already full on the ressie site so I thought it may be worth watching. Any suggestions of where to find it would be appreciated. I'm new at this and kinda dumb at navigating but i am learning thanks to you helpful CSR people. TIA

:banana::banana:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2726908 :lovestruc

This has probably been asked before, and I apologize for that. Does anyone know the interior dimensions of the in-room safes? We're trying to figure out if our laptop will actually fit in it or not.

TIA!

iPad just barely fits, so proabably not a laptop.

We leave in 19 days!:yay::banana::cheer2:
This will be our 5th trip to the World, 2nd to CSR!
We are hoping to get close to a bus stop and private pool. Mom really wants Ranchos this year (we had Casistas last year)

IF anyone is planning to be at CSR on Sept 13th- let me know. A few of us are trying to set up a meet!

Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation! :wizard:

DH, DD3 and I are coming to WDW for the first time for all of us 9-25 thru 9-30-11. We are so excited!! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the tips and information. I was a little apprehensive about CSR after reading some bad reviews early on, but I am so glad that I didn't change anything. Reading all of your posts have completely eased my mind! Can't wait to get there!:flower3:

Signing up. Would love to stay at Coronado Springs on our 2012 trip.

Welcome! If you have any questions, ask away and we'll try to help.

I'm SOOOOO excited to be staying here for my first trip to DW in over 16 years...and also my first stay in a Disney property resort! I'm hoping to stay in Casitas building 4....thanks for all the awesome information and pictures!

LOVE Casitas 4.

We leave in 1DAY!!!

Have a magical time and a wonderful stay at the CSR.

We leave in 19 days!:yay::banana::cheer2:
This will be our 5th trip to the World, 2nd to CSR!
We are hoping to get close to a bus stop and private pool. Mom really wants Ranchos this year (we had Casistas last year)

IF anyone is planning to be at CSR on Sept 13th- let me know. A few of us are trying to set up a meet!

Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation! :wizard:

Robin K, Ranchos should be easy to get since that is the one no one ever wants to stay in. :) I hope you have another magical stay at CSR.

DH, DD3 and I are coming to WDW for the first time for all of us 9-25 thru 9-30-11. We are so excited!! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the tips and information. I was a little apprehensive about CSR after reading some bad reviews early on, but I am so glad that I didn't change anything. Reading all of your posts have completely eased my mind! Can't wait to get there!:flower3:

You will read bad reviews of any resort; each person can have a different experience on a given day. I hope you enjoy it. We were supposed to be there the same time as you, but we got points at a DVC resort and we are going to give it a try.

Well, after reading up to page 40 of this thread so far, dh and I booked our vacation! :banana::banana::banana:

We are going to CSR in late Nov for 7 days. The only other resorts we stayed at were SSR (with extended family) and POR. We had wanted to go to POR but wanted a preferred room and there were none available. :confused3

So CSR it is!! I requested Casitas 4 and then if not that Casitas 3.

I am a little nervous. :laughing: We liked POR so much, I'm hoping CSR will be great too.

:woohoo:

Thanks Miinie&Tink and Saskdw - this type of "review" is exactly the thing I searching for...someone who has stayed at the other resorts (CBR, POFQ) and CSR and can offer the comparisons

Any more??? Looking forward to them :-)

We have stayed at all four of the moderates, the FW cabins, AKL, Wl, BW, CR, Swan, BC, POP, and All Stars (Sports & movies) through the years. Of course we would prefer to stay deluxe but our travel budget fluctuates from visit to visit. I think all of the mods are extremely similar to each other and I like them all. Here is what I like best from each: CSR landscaping and sliding door in the room. CBR kiddie water play area. POR landscaping and boat to DTD. POFQ small size makes it worth the refillable mug. I think all of the mods are nice and the differences are minor. I would stay at all of them again. This trip next week is at CSR and I am so excited! Have fun trip planning,,:banana::thumbsup2:goodvibes

Well, after reading up to page 40 of this thread so far, dh and I booked our vacation! :banana::banana::banana:

We are going to CSR in late Nov for 7 days. The only other resorts we stayed at were SSR (with extended family) and POR. We had wanted to go to POR but wanted a preferred room and there were none available. :confused3

So CSR it is!! I requested Casitas 4 and then if not that Casitas 3.

I am a little nervous. :laughing: We liked POR so much, I'm hoping CSR will be great too.

:woohoo:

We have never stayed at POR, but if we couldn't get CSR for our long trips, POR would be our only other moderate choice.

On your reuqests, Casitas 4 is a great location -- and our absolute favorite. However, in order to get Casitas 3, you would have to pay preferred -- Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred rooms.

We've never had to take our laptop before, but this trip it's necessary. How do you all secure yours when you take them?

We've never had to take our laptop before, but this trip it's necessary. How do you all secure yours when you take them?

Last year, I left mine out on the desk at the CSR and didn't have any problems. I know a lot of people buy locks for them. My son took his two years ago and just put it in the drawer under his clothes (he was at the CBR).

Well, I have a reservation at CSR for June but am afraid to get my hopes up! I have had CSR the last two trips and downgraded to a value once (thank you basement for flooding) and the second time could not get my fd pin to work for CSR so we switched to POR (which we love). Keeping my fingers crossed a discount comes out and that I can apply it to our current reservation!

Is there anyone on here who has put an airbed in their room at CSR? I have a teen boy and girl and so we'll need to bring our airbed, just wondering how they fit in CSR now that the beds are queens and they have the desk and other furniture. We got a rollaway last stay but with a two week trip this time I am not paying for that this time around!

Dh takes his every trip and we have never had a problem. What he does is put in inside our suitcase. Since we stack all of our suitcases up on the closet shelf we figure that's as good of a place as any since it would require some time consuming effort to get them down and go through them!

Ds now also takes his and usually puts his in his drawer under his clothes.

I never worry about the mousekeepers stealing a thing, just worry that if they (mousekeepers) should leave the door propped open for a brief time (as maids often do) somebody else might go in our room.

So far never had anything stolen at any WDW resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter