Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I re-ran our numbers and realized just how tight things were going to be staying Deluxe. Since our one night deposit at the Boardwalk nearly equals an entire 3 night stay at a moderate I called this morning and was given the choice of CBR or CSR. Thanks so much for this thread, I chose CSR for the room decor and the rave reviews of the pool bar alone! LOL. I requested the Cabanas 8A or 8B for their proximity to the main pool. I'm nervous, (we're Poly die hard people), but this thread is helping me keep my spirits up. Thanks again!

Just keep in mind the $ you are saving over Poly or Boardwalk! Don't be nervous, you can always visit the other resorts if you miss the atmosphere.

7B is also very close to the Dig Site too! Just as far away as 8B.

It cuold have been closed...I just don't remember.

I just finished up looking at the pictures that I took of CSR, and yes, it was open. :lmao: I *think* what I saw was a small sign that said that they were no longer doing the breakfast buffet and because I wasn't paying much attention I assume that the whole restaurant was closed for breakfast.

I am getting so excited and keep reading everything I can on CSR and I just can't wait!!

I'm thinking Cabana's 8A or Casista's 4? Not too concerned about being close to the main pool as we'll probably only visit once or twice while there. The bus stops is important (don't want to stand with DH carrying an exhausted toddler and a stroller and the pepper market for drink refills and our late night treats while DD is passed out ;). And of course the gym for DH. Think my selection is on target? So funny, but I can't wait to try the nacho's, lol. I'll be in WDW and I keep thinking about Nachos:rotfl:. Everyone keeps asking me why did you choose that resort, isn't it a convention resort? I am not really sure, I looked at pics of lots of mods and for some reason this one just looked soooo beautiful. The grounds and the rooms just looked perfect. I feel like I will see enough Mickey while in the park when I'm back at the hotel I want to feel like I'm on vacation and this place just seems like it will feel that way. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!:goodvibes

This morning I re-ran our numbers and realized just how tight things were going to be staying Deluxe. Since our one night deposit at the Boardwalk nearly equals an entire 3 night stay at a moderate I called this morning and was given the choice of CBR or CSR. Thanks so much for this thread, I chose CSR for the room decor and the rave reviews of the pool bar alone! LOL. I requested the Cabanas 8A or 8B for their proximity to the main pool. I'm nervous, (we're Poly die hard people), but this thread is helping me keep my spirits up. Thanks again!

We got back from a spit stay at CSR and BC. While at CSR we stayed in Ranchos 7B and the location was pretty good. I little further from the main building/Pepper Market but very close to a quiet pool and not far at all from the Dig Site pool.

I am getting so excited and keep reading everything I can on CSR and I just can't wait!!

I'm thinking Cabana's 8A or Casista's 4? Not too concerned about being close to the main pool as we'll probably only visit once or twice while there. The bus stops is important (don't want to stand with DH carrying an exhausted toddler and a stroller and the pepper market for drink refills and our late night treats while DD is passed out ;). And of course the gym for DH. Think my selection is on target? So funny, but I can't wait to try the nacho's, lol. I'll be in WDW and I keep thinking about Nachos:rotfl:. Everyone keeps asking me why did you choose that resort, isn't it a convention resort? I am not really sure, I looked at pics of lots of mods and for some reason this one just looked soooo beautiful. The grounds and the rooms just looked perfect. I feel like I will see enough Mickey while in the park when I'm back at the hotel I want to feel like I'm on vacation and this place just seems like it will feel that way. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!:goodvibes

We returned from a 7 night stay at CSR two weeks ago. The convention aspect of this resort wasn't an issue for us until our last night there. A large hardware convention rolled in on Sunday afternoon and took over. We rode the bus back from Downtown Disney with loud abnoxious men. We went to have dinner at Pepper Market and choose to eat outside on the patio. We were able to get a table but very shortly after we sat down large groups of conventioners surrounded us and were drinking, talking loudly and swearing. It wasn't at all pleasant. That night I was woken up twice one at about midnight then again around 1:15am, by people returning to their rooms and talking loudly and slamming doors.

The the six nights prior there were groups of teenaged lacross players, both boys and girls at the resort that were must quieter and better mannered than these hardware convention people.

Hi

We are going to CSR for the first time in ..... 10 days!!!!:banana:
I did the online check in today. I have been reading the thread and trying to figure out where to request- if to request a room.

I was thinking - and would appreciate opinions-
Casitas 4 -
we have a two year old who cant do the slide so there is a quiet pool there, but we can wander over the the dig pool every so often for the playground/kid pool and so I can do the slide!! :yay:

its close to the first bus stop so good for getting on the bus with a stroller and off first coming back from the parks. My husbands request.

far for drink refills ?- do we do this at peppermarket? we stayed at the pop last year and filled up once a day in the evening.

its near the health club and I have a triathlon a week after returning so if I can it would be good to exercise ... if I have the energy!!

but I keep on thinking cabanas 8a is close to the dig pool, main building and suggested for young families.....and it has lots of hammocks which hubby would like. I am scared of lying there and a snake coming to visit!!

and I am going to ask for not ground floor!!!

So what do you think?? Casitas or cabanas????

We just got back two weeks ago from CSR. Bus stop number 1 is not actually the first stop. We were in Ranchos 7B and close to bus top number 4. When we boarded the bus the next stop before leaving the resort was bus stop number 1 so it's actually the last stop before the bus leaves the resort grounds. I think the only time bus stop 1 was the first stop was when we came back from Downtown Disney at night. When the bus stopped there first we always got off and walked back to our room rather than riding the bus all they wa around the resort to bus stop 4.

The grounds around the Casitas section were very pretty. I think they were the prettiest of the three.

Well, just spent a lot of my weekend reading this CSR thread from page one to here....so would like a very honest opinion from people who have perhaps stayed in the other mods as well...:
Have stayed at the CBR (Trinidad North) - we loved the feeling of being somewhere in the Caribbean and the fact that although there was the theme pool, we enjoyed the quiet pools (there are 6 of them but the most we ever saw in the one closest to our room was maybe 6 people - and usually all adults after about 8:00pm).
Have stayed at POFQ (Building 1) - we loved the size of the resort, and "sort of" missed the quiet pool area (we were there in Dec 2010, so I even had the whole big pool to myself one day :rotfl2: - just me and three lifeguards! I had the odd passer-by ask me if I was from Canada...yup!!:thumbsup2)
For our next trip, we will probably be doing less time in the parks and more time at the resort - we found that during our last trip the old joints were pretty played out at the end of the day so need more relaxation time and buildings with elevators - climbing the stairs was pretty daunting after some days...and then to get to a DSA up/down stairs again.....
We have visited the Poly and GF, and WL to eat/attend the Luau and look around, and they are beautiful resorts but not really our vacation style - they felt a little too formal and less relaxed than the moderates and when I go on vacation, I definately want to relax and feel comfortable....the CSR from the descriptions seems to fall somewhere between moderate and deluxe...so it could be a good fit for us (some places recognize us as seniors, but for some things we aren't quite old enough yet).
The CSR looks beautiful and does have the quiet pools (but only 3 compared to the 6 at CBR). How crowded do these pools get or does everyone seem to gravitate to the themed pool? Whether I'm in the Casitas, Ranch or Cabana area doesn't really matter - just would like to be near a quiet pool, preferably ground floor and fairly near a DSA....
Anyone out there that can compare the moderates based on our preferences or that has stayed at the some ones we have? Would the chances of getting a ground floor near a quiet pool be any better at one resort than another? :confused3
Any advce for travel in early November? Typical weather? Crowds? I do see where there is a convention that would be starting about 1/2 way through the time we want to go...a guest speaker is Jimmy Carter - don't want to be in one of those really big convention situations where the pools/facilities/ sections are closed to regular guests...I would hate to travel all that distance and pay for facilities that I really couldn't use...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

We have stayed at CBR and CSR, we love both resorts. They are similar in a lot of ways. Both have the tropical scenery and both are spread out. I would gladly stay at either resort again. We give the edge to CBR in atmosphere, but CSR has more deluxe type amenities. We have chosen CSR for our December trip for those amenities. Queen beds, nicer room decor, actual bar/lounge, and the big one for me the spa/fitness center. If CBR had a fitness center and queen beds we would probably choose there, but the edge goes to CSR.

This is it! We're leaving in just 4 and a half hours!!! I cannot wait to arrive at CSR and see it in person for the first time!!!

I'll post the link to the TR for this trip on whatever CSR FAQ thread is the most current once I get it started, whether it be this one or a new one, so keep an eye out! To everyone going to WDW in the near future, have a magical time! And to everyone who's still in the planning stages or has a while to wait yet, don't worry, your trip will be here before you know it! :wizard:

Thanks to everyone on here for all your help with everything CSR-related! :)

This is it! We're leaving in just 4 and a half hours!!! I cannot wait to arrive at CSR and see it in person for the first time!!!

I'll post the link to the TR for this trip on whatever CSR FAQ thread is the most current once I get it started, whether it be this one or a new one, so keep an eye out! To everyone going to WDW in the near future, have a magical time! And to everyone who's still in the planning stages or has a while to wait yet, don't worry, your trip will be here before you know it! :wizard:

Have a great time! Get some sleep! :rotfl:

Have a wonderful, safe trip!!! Let us know how the weather is!

Have a great trip!!

Have a wonderful, safe trip!!! Let us know how the weather is!

The weather has been hot and humid!! I went to church yesterday morning, and it was hot, hot, hot then. My dh and ds went fishing in the afternoon, they said the sea breeze felt good. Most days, it's been storming around supper time to cool things down, but there was no rain for us last night.

Well, just spent a lot of my weekend reading this CSR thread from page one to here....so would like a very honest opinion from people who have perhaps stayed in the other mods as well...:
Have stayed at the CBR (Trinidad North) - we loved the feeling of being somewhere in the Caribbean and the fact that although there was the theme pool, we enjoyed the quiet pools (there are 6 of them but the most we ever saw in the one closest to our room was maybe 6 people - and usually all adults after about 8:00pm).
Have stayed at POFQ (Building 1) - we loved the size of the resort, and "sort of" missed the quiet pool area (we were there in Dec 2010, so I even had the whole big pool to myself one day :rotfl2: - just me and three lifeguards! I had the odd passer-by ask me if I was from Canada...yup!!:thumbsup2)
For our next trip, we will probably be doing less time in the parks and more time at the resort - we found that during our last trip the old joints were pretty played out at the end of the day so need more relaxation time and buildings with elevators - climbing the stairs was pretty daunting after some days...and then to get to a DSA up/down stairs again.....
We have visited the Poly and GF, and WL to eat/attend the Luau and look around, and they are beautiful resorts but not really our vacation style - they felt a little too formal and less relaxed than the moderates and when I go on vacation, I definately want to relax and feel comfortable....the CSR from the descriptions seems to fall somewhere between moderate and deluxe...so it could be a good fit for us (some places recognize us as seniors, but for some things we aren't quite old enough yet).
The CSR looks beautiful and does have the quiet pools (but only 3 compared to the 6 at CBR). How crowded do these pools get or does everyone seem to gravitate to the themed pool? Whether I'm in the Casitas, Ranch or Cabana area doesn't really matter - just would like to be near a quiet pool, preferably ground floor and fairly near a DSA....
Anyone out there that can compare the moderates based on our preferences or that has stayed at the some ones we have? Would the chances of getting a ground floor near a quiet pool be any better at one resort than another? :confused3
Any advce for travel in early November? Typical weather? Crowds? I do see where there is a convention that would be starting about 1/2 way through the time we want to go...a guest speaker is Jimmy Carter - don't want to be in one of those really big convention situations where the pools/facilities/ sections are closed to regular guests...I would hate to travel all that distance and pay for facilities that I really couldn't use...

We have stayed at BC, CBR, POFQ and POR in the past and for our last trip this past July we stayed at CSR. Our favorite is CBR or the moderates and we loved staying at Beach Club.

Honestly CSR was our least favorite of the Moderates we've stayed at. It hard to put my finger on anything specific that we disliked about CSR it is more of an overall feeling. We were in Ranchos 7B and very close to the quiet pool which was convenient but we found it to be crowded a lot of the time so we didn't stay long.

I prefer the set up of CBR to CSR as far as the location of the main pool and main building goes. I liked that at CBR they were pretty much in the same place rather than separate like CSR. We did not like the way Pepper Market works. I much prefer the regular counter service that we have had at all other resorts we've stayed at.

We also didn't have the best experience with conventioners but thankfully they arrived on the Sunday and we checked out and moved to Beach Club on Monday.

Thanks Miinie&Tink and Saskdw - this type of "review" is exactly the thing I searching for...someone who has stayed at the other resorts (CBR, POFQ) and CSR and can offer the comparisons

Any more??? Looking forward to them :-)

We have never stayed at CBR (the theme doesn't appeal to us because we go to the beach every year and I didn't care for the food court the two times we visited). However, our oldest son has stayed at both the CBR and the CSR. He stayed at the CSR with us twice and then stayed at the CBR in 2009 as a 23-year old with the 13-year old baseball team he coached. He had no issues at CBR--buses were good, housekeeping good, the resort was clean; what he didn't like was the pool with his team because there were just too many little kids at the main pool and they were worried about stepping on a little one or accidentally knocking them over; so, instead they went to the quiet pools or the water parks; my son also did not like the food court (the only thing he cared for was the Philly cheesesteak sandwich). He said he would go back to the CBR, but he definitely preferred the CSR.

I'm sorry I missed your send off. I hope you are having a magical time.

We stayed in Casitas on our visit. We had a nice quiet pool near our room. On a day that we didn't have much time to swim we went to the quiet pool. It was late afternoon and there were maybe a handful of people in and around the pool. It was very nice.

On a previous trip we went in early Nov. and we had great weather. Not a drop of rain the whole time. We used a light jacket in the morning and that was about it. My kids swam one day and I have to say it was a little chilly (it was early evening). But there were plenty of other people at the pool.

We've stayed at POFQ and CSR for Mods, and WL as a deluxe. We like CSR the best. My kids love the pool at CSR and I love the room decor and the overall feeling of the resort. POFQ was OK, but I felt like the buildings were too close together and not enough "open space" at the resort as a whole. I like CSR's views and that it feels spacious. I actually like that the main pool and the main building are not right together - I think it makes those areas feel less congested.

We had a pool-side room in Ranchos 7B on our last visit - you may have seen my pics posted on this thread in June sometime. We were steps from the quiet pool and it was a terrific location. It was right at 10 minutes from our room to El Centro, less than 5 to the Dig Site, and 5 from the nearest bus-stop (which was the Cabanas one). GREAT location. The whole week we were there, which was in mid-late May, I probably saw on average 10 people in the pool.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Thanks Miinie&Tink and Saskdw - this type of "review" is exactly the thing I searching for...someone who has stayed at the other resorts (CBR, POFQ) and CSR and can offer the comparisons

Any more??? Looking forward to them :-)

We have stayed at POR and CSR, and much preferred CSR. The bus service was better, as were the rooms and overall feel of the resort. The fitness center is also a huge plus for us.

The only resort I would rank higher is Wilderness Lodge. We have also stayed at the Polynesian and POP Century.

We just booked CSR again for March. The value can't be beat!

I'm SOOOOO excited to be staying here for my first trip to DW in over 16 years...and also my first stay in a Disney property resort! I'm hoping to stay in Casitas building 4....thanks for all the awesome information and pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter