Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the following locations, which is closest walk to the Dig Site:

Casitas 5
Ranchos 6A
Ranchos 6B
Ranchos 7A

Which is the longest walk to the Dig Site?

63 days to go and having a blast reading through this thread.
rancho 6b is closest to the dig site. 7a is closest to the parking lot.

Closest would be Ranchos 7A and furthest (although only about a seven minute walk--it is for me anyway) would be Casitas 5.

6B is closer to the dig site than 7A. 7A is the furthest away. Ranchos 7B is the closest to the main pool (half the building anyway, the rest is about the same as 6B.

Casitas 5 is not much different than Ranchos 6B.

We have booked a standard room. I like the theming of the Casitas and DH likes the theming for Ranchos. My requirements for either of these areas in order of preference are:

1. Being close to a bus stop
2. Trying not to overlook a parking lot
3. Being reasonably close to a quiet pool
4. Being reasonably close to a hammock
5. Not having to walk a ridiculous distance to the Main Pool/Dig Site.....because I really like the idea of having a hot tub to use

So which buildings in each of these areas will best suit my needs?

Thanks.

Judy

6B is closer to the dig site than 7A. 7A is the furthest away. Ranchos 7B is the closest to the main pool (half the building anyway, the rest is about the same as 6B.

Casitas 5 is not much different than Ranchos 6B.

Thanks for straightening me out on this. I guess this is what happens after nine stays and not once being in the Ranchos (hopefully we rectify that in September).

We have booked a standard room. I like the theming of the Casitas and DH likes the theming for Ranchos. My requirements for either of these areas in order of preference are:

5. Not having to walk a ridiculous distance to the Main Pool/Dig Site.....because I really like the idea of having a hot tub to use

How about a compromise at Cabanas 8A?
- right around the corner from the bus stop
- a couple of buildings away from a quiet pool (& laundry)
- hammock right outside the door!
- closest of all the buildings to the Dig Site, and surprisingly quiet still!

Don't know about the parking lot part. We were facing the lake, though it was not a water view.

Thanks.

Judy

Judy, as I always side with the woman ;), my suggestions would be Casitas 4 or 5--both relatively close to Bus Stop 2 (Casitas 4 would be closer), very near the quiet pool and the one hammock in the Casitas (all other hammocks are in the Cabanas).

Hello - :cheer2: Our trip is just around the corner, I'm going to call today and all a room request to our reservation. Here's what I'm looking for and I'm overwhelmed at the choices.

We have a waterview room reserved. We do not care about location of the busses we do care about swimming. We'd like a first floor - pool side. What building show I request.

If I need to change my room (to preferred) I'm willing to do that.

Somebody HELP!!:scared1:

Hello - :cheer2: Our trip is just around the corner, I'm going to call today and all a room request to our reservation. Here's what I'm looking for and I'm overwhelmed at the choices.

We have a waterview room reserved. We do not care about location of the busses we do care about swimming. We'd like a first floor - pool side. What building show I request.

If I need to change my room (to preferred) I'm willing to do that.

Somebody HELP!!:scared1:

There are no rooms that overlook the main pool at the CSR. I would request Cabana 8A. We really fell in love with this location last year and it is a short two minute walk to the main pool.

Does anyone have pictures of the outside/grounds of Cabanas 8A and Ranchos 7B that they would care to share?

Thanks.

There are no rooms that overlook the main pool at the CSR. I would request Cabana 8A. We really fell in love with this location last year and it is a short two minute walk to the main pool.

I would ideally like to have a view of the lake, beach style in the front. Are there any buildings that face the hammocks, or look out on similar scenery? Everyone said for adult couples, Cabanas 8a or 8b would be the best but I'm wondering what type of view they come with.

Thanks for straightening me out on this. I guess this is what happens after nine stays and not once being in the Ranchos (hopefully we rectify that in September).

6B or 7B would be good I think. 7B is close to both the Dig Siye and the bus stop.

How about a compromise at Cabanas 8A?
- right around the corner from the bus stop
- a couple of buildings away from a quiet pool (& laundry)
- hammock right outside the door!
- closest of all the buildings to the Dig Site, and surprisingly quiet still!

Don't know about the parking lot part. We were facing the lake, though it was not a water view.

My favorite spot on property! Have stayed there twice! Even the walk to the main building is a comfortable walk over the bridge!

I would ideally like to have a view of the lake, beach style in the front. Are there any buildings that face the hammocks, or look out on similar scenery? Everyone said for adult couples, Cabanas 8a or 8b would be the best but I'm wondering what type of view they come with.

Water view in building 8A overlooks the lake and hammocks! You would be literally 20 steps from the hammocks if you got ground floor.

Cabanas 8A or 9A are steps from the hammocks (we were in Cabanas 9A two years ago and 8A last year).

6B or 7B would be good I think. 7B is close to both the Dig Siye and the bus stop.

I put in a request for 7B to be close to the bus (we rent a car and drive everywhere so I don't worry about the buses). :)

Water view in building 8A overlooks the lake and hammocks! You would be literally 20 steps from the hammocks if you got ground floor.

Agreed!

Thanks - I'm sorry I wasn't specific enough (I was in my brain though) :rotfl2:. A walk-out room at a quiet pool is perfect.

OR is there a pool at the Cabanas? The maps one the 1st pages are not viewable on my work computer.

Thanks - I'm sorry I wasn't specific enough (I was in my brain though) :rotfl2:. A walk-out room at a quiet pool is perfect.

OR is there a pool at the Cabanas? The maps one the 1st pages are not viewable on my work computer.

There is a quiet pool by the Casitas, the Ranchos and the Cabanas (the one at the Ranchos is themed the nicest).

There is a quiet pool by the Casitas, the Ranchos and the Cabanas (the one at the Ranchos is themed the nicest).

You're killing me :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I thought I was supposed to stay in Cabana 8a, now you're saying the Ranchos is nicer? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm losing my mind. :rotfl2:

You're killing me :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I thought I was supposed to stay in Cabana 8a, now you're saying the Ranchos is nicer? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm losing my mind. :rotfl2:

I'm sorry. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Seriously, I've never stayed in the Ranchos (hope to in September), but the quiet pool is very nice there.

I LOVED Cabanas 8A--close to the main pool and not far from the quiet pool (and a short walk over the bridge to the main building). I'd ask for that--Cabanas 8A. :goodvibes

All the sections have quiet pools. We like to stay in the Ranchos but it also means being further from the main building which is not always practical.
I don't think there's anything as a "perfect" location, you can't have it all and need to decide what's most important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter