Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
disney1474 said:
Anyone recommend business class?? Will have our two daughters with us (11 and 9 ). Any info and pictures would be appreciated!!

I stayed business class last year. I loved it and wished I could have taken more advantage of it especially in the evening. Very close to bus stop 1. Waited a few times in the evening mostly for MK. We had reservations at the Poly and were cutting it close.

I am planning a solo trip in October and can get a room using my brothers dvc points (so free :) ) but am seriously considering CSR again,even though I would have to pay. I loved having breakfast in the lounge and in the evening a nice glass of wine. We had the dining plan too but this worked out great for us! We could grab a beverage and snack before heading out again!

Unfortunately no pictures but we were first floor near the end by the parking lot. We could get to the main building within 4 minutes and probably the pool within 7 (if that) it was right over the bridge.

Thanks! Do you know how long it would take to walk from the cabana section to the bus stop in the casitas section?

Probably about 8-9 minutes. Might I ask why you would walk from the Cabana section to the bus stop at Casitas?

Probably about 8-9 minutes. Might I ask why you would walk from the Cabana section to the bus stop at Casitas?
We will be there in August so I was thinking since we are at the last bus stop for the parks, the bus might be full? Walking to the first pickup, would that make sense?

We will be there in August so I was thinking since we are at the last bus stop for the parks, the bus might be full? Walking to the first pickup, would that make sense?

I would not walk that far for that reason. CSR is a convention resort and the conventioneers take up rooms but don't use the buses during the day. I have not heard of buses being full.

Hi CSR experts, I have 2 questions...

1. I see that Siesta's is open 11am - 7pm, and refillable drink mugs can be filled at this location. Can mugs be filled anytime (like, around the clock) or only when Siesta's is open?

2. We will be arriving at the resort after 1am. Does CSR have bell services during the night to take us to our room, or must we haul our suitcases across the dark resort alone in the middle of the night?

I am trying to decide between here and AOA (and really Bonnet Creek), we've stayed here before but not as a family of 5. So hard to choose!!

Hi All!

Trying to decide on a preferred room or business class. Without considering transportation, we would book business class for the extra benefits and close proximity to El Centro.

My concern is being at bus stop 1 and being the last picked up for the theme parks. I don't mind being the last dropped off on my way back to the resort at all. The reason I am concerned about being the last picked up is that there will be no room on the bus and that we would have to wait (consistently) for a second bus.

I have never stayed at CSR so I am looking for some feedback.

Hi CSR experts, I have 2 questions...

1. I see that Siesta's is open 11am - 7pm, and refillable drink mugs can be filled at this location. Can mugs be filled anytime (like, around the clock) or only when Siesta's is open?

2. We will be arriving at the resort after 1am. Does CSR have bell services during the night to take us to our room, or must we haul our suitcases across the dark resort alone in the middle of the night?

Unless things have changed since February, you cannot refill mugs at Siesta's once they close. Also if you go during a slower time of the year (early December-September-early February) I have seen Siesta's occasionally close 30-60 minutes early on weekdays if the pool area is not busy.

I can't really help you with question #2 as I have never used their bell services but I can say that I have gone through El Centro late once or twice late at night and the bell services area was deserted.

I'm at CSR now. Unfortunately, I've had a nasty cold that isn't letting up, so I've been at the resort more than planned.

The good - beautiful grounds. All but one CM have been very nice and helpful; the one grumpy CM seemed to just be having a bad day. The buses have been quick and not even half full, both to and from the parks. Since I've been sick, I only closed one park, AK on Sunday, and our bus had maybe 7 people on it from AK. But I have been going for rope drop yesterday and today, and the buses haven't been busy at all. The longest I waited was 10 minutes. Also, Panchitos has been a godsend with the cold meds and throat lozenges, unfortunately!

The pools are very nice. I wish there was a hot tub at the quiet pool because it was very busy at the Dig site yesterday, but that's ok. I swam a little in the quiet pool, but it hurt my ears, so I mostly sunned. The quiet pool wasn't crowded, but it wasn't quiet - the few children and adults in the pool found it necessary to yell to others in their parties walking around. Not the resort's fault, but it was obnoxious.

The bad - I'm in Ranchos 7A. While I like that it's secluded and not crowded, it's a long walk to El Centro, especially when I had to carry my bags the day I arrived. The CM who checked me in told me to walk around the lake by the Casitas; I timed it, it's actually faster for me to walk across the bridge by the Cabanas to get to 7A.

I find the building layout confusing. I am still getting used to where the elevators and stairs are (I'm on the second floor).

Mousekeeping has been fine, though I've noticed a few unclean spots here and there. I've been tipping $2/night.

I didn't think it would bother me to see the conventioneers, but it does. Maybe it's because I have two big conferences coming up for my work. They have been very visible with their name tags and using the morning buses to go to the convention center. Last night, they took up all the seating at Laguna Bar by the lake. However, Pepper Market was nearly deserted.

I've only eaten at Pepper Market once, and I was not impressed. Granted, I have a rotten cold and my taste buds are off, but the nachos were kinda gross. The chicken tortilla soup was fine. Since I'm feeling so bad, I'm going to order in tonight, and then hopefully I can eat in the parks the rest of the time. I brought food for breakfast.

My room's fridge doesn't seem cold enough, though I lowered the temp. It's quite noisy when it's cooling, too. My TV doesn't get a signal on several channels, including the Disney and WDW channels.

I'm glad I tried out this resort, the timing just sucks for staying somewhere that is so remote from the main hall when I'm sick. Still, I don't think I will stay here again. If I did, I would pay for a preferred location away from the parking lot. I'm near Bus Stop 3, but that means I hear the buses beeping every time they let people off, including late at night.

I was able to apply the bounce back offer to my existing reservations this fall at POR and YC, so I saved over $500 there!

CONVENTION SCHEDULE (updated 01/05/14)

I have listed anything I have been able to verify online. These meetings vary in size - some are local, while others are regional or national. If a convention falls during your dates, you might want to Google the name I have listed to find out more information. In some cases, CSR is the host hotel, but activities occur elsewhere.

January 6-9, Generac Dealer Conference
January 8-9, Pinch a Penny Show
January 16-19, Children's Pastors Conference
January 26-27, Florida HOSA SLC 2013 Competitive Event and State Officers Meetings
January 30-31, Leading Age Florida Board of Trustees Meeting

February 4-6, ACPA Professional Development
February 7-9, NABE Conference
February 9-14, SPIE Medical Imaging
February 14-17, Otterbein University Cardinal Migration
February 18-20, Training Magazine 2013 Conference and Expo
February 20-23, World Family Therapy Congress
February 22-23, Disneys Fit For a Princess Expo
February 27-28, Trinovus Compliance Knowledgeshare

March 6-9, Appliance Service Training Institute
March 8-9, Florida HOSA State Office Planning Meeting
March 9-13, International Dance championships - the Groove Experience
March 17-20, Spring World 2013 (Disaster Recovery Journal)

April 4-7, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 9-12, Ideas to Impact
April 14-17, AAPC 2013 National Conference
April 26, USASF Scholarship Interviews (CSR is not the host hotel for USASF Worlds)

May 15-17, CSCAA Convention
May 17-19, FACCM Annual Conference
May 18, Central Florida Urban League Youth Leadership Summit
May 19-23, Fusion el Carnaval (Financial Ops)
May 23-26, FSEA State Convention

June 10-14, DMGCME Summer 2013
June 10-15, NACDA Convention
June 11-12, YoCream Conference
June 17-20, Kickoff Institute
June 20-23, Cascade Hills Marriage Retreat
June 23-27, SUGA Training
June 27-29, Close To My Heart Convention
June 27-29, HOCA
June 30-July 3, Hollywood Vibe National Finals

July 5-6, US Open Karate
July 8-14, Children with Diabetes: Friends For Life Annual Conference
July 14-18, Leading Age Florida Conference and Exposition

August 30-September 1, Mustang at the Mickyard (CSR is host hotel)

September 3-6, Youth Leader Experience
September 8-12, CCSA Convention
September 27-29, Mickey and MINI 9

October 1-6, Travel Planners International
October 28-30, Home Based Travel Agents Forum

November 3-6, Learning 2013
November 12-15, SUSECon
November 20-22, IWLCA Annual Meeting

December 4-8, RPM Trade Expo
December 6-12, Pop Warner
December 13-15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

January 3-5, Savvy Sale Owners Conference
January 5-6, NAFTZ Conference
January 6-10, Advanced Examiners Conference
January 15-18, CPC East
January 22-24, Generac Dealer Conference
January 24, Disney Bloggers Networking Conference
January 25-26, HOSA State Officers Planning Meeting
January 30-February 2, Carquest and Tech-Net Business Conference

February 3-4, Training Conference and Expo
February 3-7, 5-Day PANCE/PANRE Review Course
February 9-13, Grainger Show (held at Convention Center)
February 10-13, SSPC 2014
February 17-19, Purina Convention

March 3-8, Professional Women Controllers/Women in Aviation Conference
March 12-14, FCC Administrators' Conference
March 30-April 2, Spring World 2014

April 3-5, AFCP Annual Conference
April 3-6, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 6-10, Florida Water Resources Conference
April 23-25, Early Learning Leaders National Conference
April 24-26, FSNA Annual Conference

May 4-7, LRP National Institute
May 15-17, Focus Spring Conference
May 20-22, ABC Kids Spring Educational Conference
May 28-June 1, L5R Kotei Tournament

June 9-13, DMGCME Dream Conference
June 14-18, AWHONN Convention
June 19-22, USA Gymnastics
June 25-29, HOSA National Leadership Conference

July 16-19, ANPD Annual Conference
July 20-23, FFTA Annual Conference
July 24-27, DPhiE Convention

August 2-5, ALPFA National Convention
August 17-20, NNOHA Conference (proposed?)
August 29-September 1, AC Arthur's Reader Appreciation Event

September 12-18, IMATA Conference
September 19-22, Association of School Business Officials Annual Meeting
September 21-23, APIC EPI Course

October 8-12: Travel Planners International
October 14-15: YoCream University
October 18-24: Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians
October 19-23: IESALC Conference
October 22-23: American Association of Zoo Veterinarians
October 26-29, Learning 2014
October 30-November 1: IWCA-NCPTW Conference
October 31-November 2: GBS-CIPD Int'l Symposium

November 20-22: IWLCA

March 26-29, HOSA Leadership Conference

(Proposed) September 2-6, Orlando 2015 Worldcon

This is not a "FULL" list. This list consists from research on the web and information passed on from fellow CSR lovers. Please post any conventions/meetings that you find.

Hi All, I was checking out the Coronado Springs thread because I am attending a conference at the Resort in October. I noticed that my conference was not listed so I wanted to give you a heads up that October 20 -24, 2014 will be the NAVPA Annual Conference.

I had a thread on another forum asking about driving to MK, wanted to know when the parking lot opened to park way early for morning EMH. Everyone told me to take the buses, so...what time do the buses start running when there is a 7 am EMH at MK? And I know this was posted, but I read it so long ago, what is the order of pickup again?

Thanks! :goodvibes

10 more days!! Now I just need to get over this stupid cold! At least it happened before I left :upsidedow!

We are very excited to be attending a National Dance Competition in July at the Coronado! We are all booked! My question is if you are booked under a convention do they put you in a certain location or can you still request a location?

The recreation calander ,for April, lists Character Meeting times at the resort on Easter. Is this typical for holidays? For those who have visited the Coronado over July 4th what activies have you experienced?

And I know this was posted, but I read it so long ago, what is the order of pickup again?

Casitas 1, Ranchos 2, Cabanas 3, El Centro 4

The recreation calander ,for April, lists Character Meeting times at the resort on Easter. Is this typical for holidays? For those who have visited the Coronado over July 4th what activies have you experienced?

Where did you find the recreation calender?

Where did you find the recreation calender?

a83e31_a6cc2fdadbb64e7bade23922a61f1486.jpg_srz_p_803_1002_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Taken from Buzz2k1's brilliant website: http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado#!calendar/c13x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter