Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited! I just booked our April stay at CSR. Looking forward to the beach, the pools, the Business class location and lounge, the elegant looking rooms, the Pepper Market food court, and the landscaping. We stayed there 15 years ago or so with my husband's work meeting and didn't really like it. We stayed in casitas then and the rooms were not as nice looking back then. We ate at Maya grill and the blackened chicken was basically burnt. We probably won't eat there even though it might be very different/better now. We never made it to the pool and didn't have kids with us then. This will be a whole different trip and I am really looking forward to it!

Very nervous! Just switched from our usual POFQ to CSR to try something new. I need to be close to a bus stop since DD legs ache from her medication a lot. All business class and perferred room were unavailable with my discount. So...should I request Casitas 4 or 5 or is there a better suggestion in Cabanas? Thanks!!

Check out the maps in post 4 on the first page of this thread which highlight the location of the bus stops. In the first one you can see where some of the casitas rooms are pretty far from that bus stop which is also across a big parking lot. In the second map you can read the building numbers a little bit. Hope that helps.

I took advantage of the spring discount Disney is offering and reserved 4 nights at CSR at the beginning of April. I've never stayed at CSR and was very excited to try it, but now I'm reading these negative reviews on here from recent stays.

The Spring World 2014 convention will be there while I'm there. Should I switch to another resort? Or still give CSR a try?

Don't worry! We're headed back to CSR (our favorite overall resort) for the 5th time in May. Any resort at Disney, or any other location, can and will have issues at some point. Our most recent stay at CSR had a couple of issues, but I went to the front desk to let them know about them, and the issues were resolved quickly. CSR is a beautiful resort with so much to offer....You'll have a great time!!! pixiedust:

I have a question about dining...specifically Pepper Market. We are coming for our first stay at CSR in August. I have been researching and Pepper Market seems to be a step up from most QS dining locations, but what is the current set up? I saw that it had been a buffet but I believe I read that is no longer the case? TIA

I'd like to know more about Pepper Market too. Wondering about breakfast. I think I read they have omlets, but are they made to order or pre-made and kept warm. We had some pretty nasty scrambled eggs at an all-Star food court and would be happy to see made-to-order omlets and eggs. Is it hard to find a table at breakfast time?

Pepper Market is no longer a buffet. :) I can't help specifically with the omelet question, but the way it's set up, if the omelets are pre-made, I bet they could make you a fresh one if you asked. Tables are not hard to come by, as it's a pretty big place! :goodvibes

We are going to CSR in March! Can anyone tell me how big the fridges are? Are they bar sized (ie waist height) or are they the little box ones? I'm trying to figure out how many cold things I can order from GG and still fit.

We are going to CSR in March! Can anyone tell me how big the fridges are? Are they bar sized (ie waist height) or are they the little box ones? I'm trying to figure out how many cold things I can order from GG and still fit.

Little box ones. Check out post #2 of this thread for pictures.

Thanks Dan'sDad - I just stumbled onto that wealth of information! Note to Self: read from start of thread!

Thanks Dan'sDad - I just stumbled onto that wealth of information! Note to Self: read from start of thread!

You're welcome. Every resort has one of these FAQ Threads and 99% of the useful information will be in the first page or two of the thread.

I'd like to know more about Pepper Market too. Wondering about breakfast. I think I read they have omlets, but are they made to order or pre-made and kept warm. We had some pretty nasty scrambled eggs at an all-Star food court and would be happy to see made-to-order omlets and eggs. Is it hard to find a table at breakfast time?

Yes the omlets are made to order, I had one when we were there earlier this month. There weren't a lot of people waiting, so I got mine in a few minutes. I just had the ham and cheese, it was pretty good :)

Yes the omlets are made to order, I had one when we were there earlier this month. There weren't a lot of people waiting, so I got mine in a few minutes. I just had the ham and cheese, it was pretty good :)

Do you know if they use real eggs or "fake" eggs? Poor DH will miss a lot of vacation time, and gain a lot of bathroom time, if he eats an egg-beater type egg.

I've stayed at this resort twice now. Nice rooms, beautiful grounds, good bus service which is mostly consistent.

Pepper Market breakfast is NO LONGER an all you can eat buffet. Because of this, you have to goto individual satellite stations and wait for whatever it is you prefer. This has turned breakfast into a free-for-all, which is kind of chaotic first thing in the morning.

This unfortunate change has really turned me off from the Pepper Market as the buffet in the morning was so convenient and helped you start you day off right before the parks.

The food portions are also reduced as well :(

Bring back the buffet for breakfast!!

Is there a hair salon on the grounds? I know some of the resorts have them because my husband got at haircut at the CR back in 2002...I am hoping that CSR has one as well.

Is there a hair salon on the grounds? I know some of the resorts have them because my husband got at haircut at the CR back in 2002...I am hoping that CSR has one as well.

Yes that is one of the Deluxe type amenities that CSR has. The Hair Salon, Spa, Sauna, and Fitness Center are located by the quiet pool in Casitas 4. I have no idea what the pricing is like.

Thank you for the awesome Coronado Thread! I almost stayed here in 2012, but when a fifth party member decided to come - we had to switch to POR. I am really thrilled to be coming this year.

Does anyone know if the pool rapid fill station is open 24/7? Just Soda?

A couple of weeks ago I stayed for three nights at the Coronado for the first time in years. I was working in the area and got a great AP rate.

The good - the check-in staff was wonderful, the grounds were beautiful and the busses seemed to come often and didn't appear to be full. We only rode a couple of times and one night we had the bus to ourself on the way to DTD for dinner.

The bad - Housekeeping (or lack thereof!) Yikes it was bad. When I checked in there was actually what appeared to be urine all over the back of the toilet and rust all over the actual seat. Additionally it was a very hot day (I think I heard there was a record broken!) and the air conditioner was pumping out warm air despite all of my efforts to adjust the temperature. I did call down to the front desk and they sent up someone to address both issues and added the resort was full so they could not move me to another room.

The people who came to take care of everything were wonderful. The maintenance staff got the AC working fairly quickly (combination of some switch and a very dirty filter.) And Housekeeping scrubbed the entire bathroom and apologized. She explained the rust was coming from a screw on the toilet and that the issue on the back of the toilet was just someone not doing their job. She said it was just exactly what I thought it was and apologized again.

The bed was awful - it was very squeaky and uncomfortable, it obviously needed to be replaced. I'm not picky about mattresses at all, I travel a lot and can't remember ever before even really thinking about the mattress but this was noticably bad.

Finally the common areas (hallways, elevators, etc.) were always dirty. I'm sure it's because it's outside but there was always paper, containers, or spilled things in these areas.

I personally have marked CS off my list for any future stays. I did appreciate the issues being taken care of quickly but I shouldn't have had to deal with them at all. I do encourage people - as others have done on these boards - to call the front desk if you have a problem. They can't take care of it if they don't know about it and you shouldn't spend your trip being unhappy with your room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter