Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same debate, and we decided on business class. I will give a report when I get back. 10 more days!!!:cheer2:

Stayed Business Class last week of October. Really liked it. Ended up using it mostly in the morning as we were out and about a lot during the late afternoon/evening hours, but it was still great to have access to the lounge.

And the Cabanas 9B location cannot be beat!

Stayed Business Class last week of October. Really liked it. Ended up using it mostly in the morning as we were out and about a lot during the late afternoon/evening hours, but it was still great to have access to the lounge.

And the Cabanas 9B location cannot be beat!

Location was the main draw for us. We are taking my parents with, and we're worried about the amount of walking around the resort. My Dad has Afib and is renting a scooter, but he is a little sensitive about needing it, and would prefer to walk when he can. I wanted to be near everything, and the lounge is just a bonus. I think we will definitely use it in the AM. Saves us time and money to eat a light breakfast and head to the parks. My DH and Dad will probably enjoy a late night beer too, if we are back at the resort before 10pm.

One question, are the safes in the BC area small and key locked? If so, anyone know if they can fit an iPad?
TIA, Tina

Location was the main draw for us. We are taking my parents with, and we're worried about the amount of walking around the resort. My Dad has Afib and is renting a scooter, but he is a little sensitive about needing it, and would prefer to walk when he can. I wanted to be near everything, and the lounge is just a bonus. I think we will definitely use it in the AM. Saves us time and money to eat a light breakfast and head to the parks. My DH and Dad will probably enjoy a late night beer too, if we are back at the resort before 10pm. One question, are the safes in the BC area small and key locked? If so, anyone know if they can fit an iPad? TIA, Tina

Just got back from CSR yesterday (actually still traveling today). We absolutely loved it. I'll do a trip report once we get back home.

As for the room safes... I can only speak for the safes in the 2 rooms we had in Casitas #3. Both are quite small key lock safes....my Mother and Father both brought their iPads and could not fit even one in. For us it was only good for travel documents, extra cash and a watch or 2.

Hope that helps. Have a great and magical trip!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Heading down on Friday. Good timing as it is getting cold and starting to snow a bit. Hoping our request for 8A again works out; close to the pool and bus, not a bad walk to main building.

Was hoping to get a few devices into the safe, maybe kids ipad mini's will fit. Probably will just a bring lock for one of the suitcases.

Was the WI-FI in the room decent? Can we facetime back home and/or stream some videos or is it just good for browsing?

Just got back from CSR yesterday (actually still traveling today). We absolutely loved it. I'll do a trip report once we get back home.

As for the room safes... I can only speak for the safes in the 2 rooms we had in Casitas #3. Both are quite small key lock safes....my Mother and Father both brought their iPads and could not fit even one in. For us it was only good for travel documents, extra cash and a watch or 2.

Hope that helps. Have a great and magical trip!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks, glad you had a great trip. We are really excited!!

Thanks, glad you had a great trip. We are really excited!!

Just a suggestion. I know TSA doesn't want us to lock our luggage going through airport, but somewhere on here we had a conversation about electronics and if you don't want to buy and bring laptop locks and that kind of stuff to lock up your things, another suggestion was a lock for your luggage and store your electronics in the luggage. For someone to steal your luggage it's going to be a little harder than for them to sneak electronics out of the room.

You can pick up little locks (and they have TSA approved that I think you can use if you want to lock it through airport check in....but I'm not) and then once in your room lock your luggage.

Just a suggestion. I just think it's less likely to get stolen if someone doesn't know what you locked up. And of course store your luggage so it doesn't say "Hey I have a lock on me so I must have something valuable in it." ;)

Good luck on finding your comfort level on that one.

We are here now!!!! So thankful to have chosen this resort! Great property, we don't mind the size of it. It's not inconvenient IMO. We are in cabanas 9B and have not had any issues with buses except for one.... And it was a biggie. On Sunday on our way back from DTD we waited 40 before a single bus for our resort showed! Then he drove unbelievably slow! Buses passing us constantly! By the time we got back to the resort it was a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes from us waiting to arriving!!!! Ridiculous! We went straight to CM and complained so that it wouldn't happen again and were compensated $30 for our troubles and the CM seemed most concerned which was so nice! Other than that, no issues with buses. Room is cozy, bed comfortable and food at the Pepper place and as well as the sit down restaurant have been great meals. No complaints! Gorgeous property, so majestic and peaceful! Happy with our choice!

Just a suggestion. I know TSA doesn't want us to lock our luggage going through airport, but somewhere on here we had a conversation about electronics and if you don't want to buy and bring laptop locks and that kind of stuff to lock up your things, another suggestion was a lock for your luggage and store your electronics in the luggage. For someone to steal your luggage it's going to be a little harder than for them to sneak electronics out of the room.

You can pick up little locks (and they have TSA approved that I think you can use if you want to lock it through airport check in....but I'm not) and then once in your room lock your luggage.

Just a suggestion. I just think it's less likely to get stolen if someone doesn't know what you locked up. And of course store your luggage so it doesn't say "Hey I have a lock on me so I must have something valuable in it." ;)

Good luck on finding your comfort level on that one.

Thanks for the advice. That's a good idea, totally harder to steal luggage. I just hate to leave it out, there is so much personal info on it, not to mention they are small enough to throw in a bag and walk out with it. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice. That's a good idea, totally harder to steal luggage. I just hate to leave it out, there is so much personal info on it, not to mention they are small enough to throw in a bag and walk out with it. Thanks again!

I don't blame you. I'm paranoid about that stuff too. I really need to consider putting a password on my laptop and phone, but haven't yet. I'm not taking my laptop but it will be looked in a spare bedroom while I'm away. But my phone should get a password and a screen saver that tells someone how to get it back to me if they want to be honest. :)

Wishing you encounters with Honest people.:goodvibes

We are here now!!!! So thankful to have chosen this resort! Great property, we don't mind the size of it. It's not inconvenient IMO. We are in cabanas 9B and have not had any issues with buses except for one.... And it was a biggie. On Sunday on our way back from DTD we waited 40 before a single bus for our resort showed! Then he drove unbelievably slow! Buses passing us constantly! By the time we got back to the resort it was a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes from us waiting to arriving!!!! Ridiculous! We went straight to CM and complained so that it wouldn't happen again and were compensated $30 for our troubles and the CM seemed most concerned which was so nice! Other than that, no issues with buses. Room is cozy, bed comfortable and food at the Pepper place and as well as the sit down restaurant have been great meals. No complaints! Gorgeous property, so majestic and peaceful! Happy with our choice!

Glad to hear! I arrive on Saturday. Have never been there before.

I know there has been some talk about fencing in the pools, and not being able to use the pools without a lifeguard.

Will I be able to use the CSR hot tub around midnight? It is so important for me to use the hot tub before getting into bed for the night. It is relaxing, and it helps the arthritis.

Thanks!

I know there has been some talk about fencing in the pools, and not being able to use the pools without a lifeguard. Will I be able to use the CSR hot tub around midnight? It is so important for me to use the hot tub before getting into bed for the night. It is relaxing, and it helps the arthritis. Thanks!
There are currently no fences! You should be good!

I know there has been some talk about fencing in the pools, and not being able to use the pools without a lifeguard.

Will I be able to use the CSR hot tub around midnight? It is so important for me to use the hot tub before getting into bed for the night. It is relaxing, and it helps the arthritis.

Thanks!

There are no fences yet so you should be ok. I used the hot tub around 6 a.m. Someone that was at Wilderness Lodge this weekend reported that they were not allowed to use the hot tub or pool before 9 am. (yikes!)

I know there has been some talk about fencing in the pools, and not being able to use the pools without a lifeguard. Will I be able to use the CSR hot tub around midnight? It is so important for me to use the hot tub before getting into bed for the night. It is relaxing, and it helps the arthritis. Thanks!
Last week we were just getting out of the hot tub at like 10:59 and some people were just getting in- just a few minutes later a security guard walked up and told everyone they needed to get out and also vacate the pool deck. He stood there and waited while some people complained and he simply said all main pool areas needed to be cleared at 11. He said we could use the smaller pools but they don't have hot tubs. It looked like he was there to guard the area, not sure for how long though.

Does anyone know about how much a taxi from CSR to BC would cost? We've never used one before, but planning a late nt. at MK w/extended hrs. Thanksgiving week, and had made a brft ADR at Cape May for next day. Would like to spend extra time sleeping instead of on buses:goodvibes and hoped this was a reasonable option.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL Jambo:cool1:

I have a question...I booked a preferred room and I know its in cast.1,2,3...but I was wondering which building would be better...my son has aplastic anemia ...he needs a bone marrow transplant..so I want one closer to the bus if I can....which would be better I see cast.4 and 5 is close to bus stop two but I know they not preferred...should I request those instead????
I stayed in Casitas 1 last week and it was not very close to the El Centro bus stop. It wasn't that far either but it's not like you just step outside your room and it's there. You have to walk a bit. Last year I stayed in POFQ Building 4 and the bus stop was much closer. I might as well just give my full review of Coronado Springs now:

Check in/check out- Didn't do online check in. They got my room request wrong in the reservation system so I had to spend a few minutes sorting it out once I arrived. They were able to give me the exact building and floor that I wanted. Check out was a breeze.

Room- Clean, I only saw one ant. I prefer double sinks though. The tub wasn't white and shiny inside. I was on the ground floor in Casitas 1 so there was noise when people walked by at night and I could also hear the loud fireworks blasts from Illuminations every night. No problems with convention guests.

Housekeeping- No problems. Always came during the day when we were at the parks.

Bus service- Ok. I waited over 30 minutes for an Epcot bus one evening. The buses usually weren't crowded except in the mornings when the parks first open.

Food- I liked the Pepper Market although it is expensive. No servers or added tips. I ate there for dinner twice and got the Carolina roasted chicken which I liked. I did not eat anywhere else or use the bars so I can't comment.

Theming- Attractive resort. I liked the lake.

Overall grade: B-

I didn't have any major problems but I'd prefer to try a different resort next time.

Room- Clean, I only saw one ant. I prefer double sinks though. The tub wasn't white and shiny inside. I was on the ground floor in Casitas 1 so there was noise when people walked by at night and I could also hear the loud fireworks blasts from Illuminations every night. No problems with convention.

I was in room 1191 a couple of weeks ago. I had ants one day just inside the door. There must have been about 50 of them. An exterminator came and I never saw them again. My tub had dark blue streaks in it. It wasn't dirty, just blue.

If I wanted to make it to the MK for the rope drop, how much time in advance should I be at the bus stop at CSR to MK in the morning? I'm traveling with 2 small kids and my mother so I know I will need extra time.

Just returned yesterday from 10 wonderfully magical days at WDW and stayed at CSR for the very first time. Absolutely loved it!!!! We flew the red eye from Seattle and touched down just after 6am local time. Took the ME to CSR and was at the registration desk by 7:30. No lines at that time of the morning ;) . Our customized Magicbands we ready and waiting for us (Disney won't ship to Canada). We were informed that we have been upgraded from a standard room to a preferred room in Casitas #3 and since we were traveling with my aged parents (their first visit to WDW) we were put in rooms with adjoining doors. Pixie dust!! :) also since they heard that my wife and I would be celebrating our 18 wedding anniversary while there they gave us a letter that would allow is to go to the Laguna Bar for a complimentary Champagne Toast! Thought that was a nice added touch.

Our rooms were on the 4th floor and overlooked the lake. Beautiful!!!

Our room was clean and neat. However my parents room did have some minor issues. The bathroom sink was "sticky" ??? Not sure if it was a soda or what??? A quick call to housekeeping and the manager actually came up directly And proceeded to clean the room and go over everything in the room. He was very apologetic and made sure my parents were happy be fore he left. He even gave them his direct line and told them to call him if there was anything else they needed. Both I our rooms were cleaned perfectly for the remainder of our stay.

Every day we had different towel art made by the Mousekeepers. From Mickey logo, ducks, swans and so on. Another nice touch :)

We at at the Pepper Market only a couple of times. Breakfast was so-so. Lunch was better. It's nice that there is no more tipping required at Pepper Market but it didn't really impress us that much. We actually preferred Rix Cafe for its selection and ease of use in the morning or later in the evening when we would come back from the parks.

The grounds are gorgeous! We walked the entire lake in about 30 minutes (not sprinting). We also could cut half way over the bridge and in 15-20. Being in Casitas #3 we had easy access (3 min walk) to bus stop #2. Never did we have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus to any of the parks.

The gym was also close (passed it every day on the way to the bus stop). We never used it but it looked very well kept.

There is also the salon right next to it. My wife needed to have some "repair work" don't to one of her nails and when she went in there the lady said it was such a quick fix so she wasn't going to charge her for it. Thought that was also very nice (my wife did give her a nice tip though :) ).

The laundry room is also in the same area just around the corner from the salon. We did a load of laundry while there. Found it to be clean and served its purpose. 10 washers and 20 dryers. There's a change and soap dispenser machine in one corner.

Every Cast Member that we encountered was very warm and friendly. We all loved CSR and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

We are already starting to think about our next trip (well at least I am ;) ) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter