Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a preferred room that backed up to the Convention Center. Because we had to go around the convention center, the walk still seemed long. This was my biggest problem with the Resort, it seemed like a long walk everywhere we wanted to go.
I'm not happy to hear that since I booked a preferred room to avoid long walks to El Centro. Were you in Casitas 1?

I'm not happy to hear that since I booked a preferred room to avoid long walks to El Centro. Were you in Casitas 1?

I'm kind of confused about this too. I stayed in Casitas 1 last year and didn't have to "go around" the convention center. I think all the "long walking" is a bit out of perspective when it comes to CSR. I walked the path around the entire resort and it's only 1 mile (compared to the 7-8 miles I walk a day in the parks).

I don't really consider any of the buildings in Casitas to be a long walk to El Centro.

We just returned from a six night stay at Coronado Springs Resort. We stayed in a standard room-Ranchos 7B. The room was comfy and clean, and the location was peaceful. It was a bit of a walk to the main building, but a lovely and enjoyable walk. The landscaping was so beautiful. We were very close to bus stop #4. So when returning from the parks at night, we only had a short walk to our room.

We had two meals at the Pepper Market, and were pleased. Many people on this site complain about the restaurant being confusing to dine at. It isn't confusing at all. When you arrive they give each member of your party a slip. You walk around the food court and pick out what you want to eat, the person who takes your order stamps the slip. You fill your drink cup, take your food and sit down. After you are done, take the slip to the cashier and pay. There was no service charge added to our bill, but we were on the dining plan.

This resort has the BEST bus service of any WDW resort we have stayed. Buses were prompt and we always had a seat.

There was a convention at the resort part of our stay. This did not cause any problem to us. The atmosphere had as much Disney feel as any other resort we have stayed at. The cast members were we dealt with were always friendly and polite.

Just checked in today. I didn't put in any requests prior to our arrival. We were put in ranchos 7B and I kindly asked if they were offering any complimentary upgrades. We were upgraded to a king size bed for free at ranchos 7A. When we got to our room, it was perfectly clean! Only concern was the TV didn't turn on but a maintenance person fixed it in less than 2 minutes. The walk was not a problem as the scenery and landscaping was awesome! DH and I are so pleased with this resort. Although a factor could be that i mentally prepared myself for the worst due to bad reviews on yelp and trip advisor.

Just checked in today. I didn't put in any requests prior to our arrival. We were put in ranchos 7B and I kindly asked if they were offering any complimentary upgrades. We were upgraded to a king size bed for free at ranchos 7A. When we got to our room, it was perfectly clean! Only concern was the TV didn't turn on but a maintenance person fixed it in less than 2 minutes. The walk was not a problem as the scenery and landscaping was awesome! DH and I are so pleased with this resort. Although a factor could be that i mentally prepared myself for the worst due to bad reviews on yelp and trip advisor.

Very nice! Glad you are happy. Funny that a King Bed is considered an upgrade. After sharing a bed for 30 years, DH and I look forward to separate Queen size beds when we travel...:goodvibes

Well this is a good sign since we paid extra for the King room. When I called when FD was announced, we had to switch resorts because we couldn't get it at FQ where we originally booked. The CM actually tried to talk us out of a King room and to get two Queens. I told her that the only way I could get DH and my friend that is also traveling with us with her husband in separate rooms is if I made sure we both had King beds.

Unless the upgrades are done before I get there, I don't expect anything will happen as I had to request the air filters be cleaned because of allergy issues for me. This will be interesting. All I hope is that I have a clean room, comfortable bed, and a great time. I don't think the resort will matter. If money were not a factor of course I would go to Polynesian or another deluxe, but I'm happy to just be having time with DH and some shared time with friends. Oh ya and get away from the colder weather. Fingers crossed FL doesn't get a cold spell.

Of course I have my list of prefer to have and have nots.......but trying to just be grateful I'm going.

15 days and a sleep!!!
:dance3:

Left Coronado this morning.

I want to mention that up to tuesday, it was still possible to " double dip" (Fastpass)...

There was no service at the tables and no charge (gratuity) at Pepper Market.

There were cockroaches at Ranchos 7A (outside). They said pest control would treat the building. I refused housekeeping all week since they leave the doors wide open while they clean. Had no problems at all (they called every dy to ask if we needed shampoo or towels or getting our room cleaned) and we had no "unwanted roomates". ;)

The walk is not as bad as you would think. DH had to go get something at the shop before 11:00 p.m., we left the room at 10:50 p.m. We got there without running and were able to make it on time. Remember we were on the complte opposite from El Centro. Very close to the pool and there was a bus stop (#3) right behind our building.

I don't understand the complaints at all!

For those who checked in today or will be checking in this week, if you read this, please let us know if you are still receiving KTTW cards at check-in! Recent reports say they were supposed to start phasing this out at select resorts beginning today, but there have not been any reports as to which resorts. So far, people who have checked in at WL, Poly, and CR have all said they received KTTW cards at check-in in addition to their bands and they also work in FP- machines. Very curious on CSR's status, especially since they were one of the last resorts to begin testing!

Yes, I received a card as well and was able to doubledip sunday and tuesday (last themepark day for us).

I refused housekeeping all week since they leave the doors wide open while they clean. Had no problems at all (they called every dy to ask if we needed shampoo or towels or getting our room cleaned) and we had no "unwanted roomates". ;)

Hmmm... mousekeeping always had our door closed when cleaning with a little sticky on the door, we encountered her in/near our room a couple of times. But still, I would have probably done the same if their were roaches nearby, ewh...

I think that fact that it looks like Arizona is going to be a big plus for us! (Two weeks from Saturday!!!) We plan to move to Arizona in a few years, so I'm sure we are going to love CSR for that reason. We were originally booked at POR, but with free dining, we ended up moving and I think we're going to be very happy with the change!

We were originally booked at POR too, but we got FD for the first 7 nights with CSR :yay:, and then CSR didn't have availability (at all) the last two night of our trip :sad2:, so we did a split stay with RO at POR for 2 nights. The two are completely different resorts, but I liked things about both. Kids LOVED the Dig Site pool, so they won me over with that. It was also very warm for the first part of our trip, so the whole feel of the resort just fit with the temps - it felt very tropical. Buses seemed a little better at CSR too. Rancheros section has a very Southwestern feel to it.

Mousekeeping did a great job, and she was really sweet when we ran into her one day to get some stuff for a swim, but no extra towel figures for us or anything. She just folded the kids blankets and organized their stuffed animals nicely. The toiletries are also a smidge nicer at CSR (you get shower gel). Single sink was not as nice as the double, but the desk made for a nice place for our "stuff."

Hmmm... mousekeeping always had our door closed when cleaning with a little sticky on the door, we encountered her in/near our room a couple of times. But still, I would have probably done the same if their were roaches nearby, ewh...

In our building they were leaving the doors wide open. That and the dead roach right in front of our door on our second morning convinced us that we could make our own beds :lmao:

I'm kind of confused about this too. I stayed in Casitas 1 last year and didn't have to "go around" the convention center. I think all the "long walking" is a bit out of perspective when it comes to CSR. I walked the path around the entire resort and it's only 1 mile (compared to the 7-8 miles I walk a day in the parks).

I don't really consider any of the buildings in Casitas to be a long walk to El Centro.

No they were in Casitas 5 which is farther away from El Eentro.

We had two meals at the Pepper Market, and were pleased. Many people on this site complain about the restaurant being confusing to dine at. It isn't confusing at all. When you arrive they give each member of your party a slip. You walk around the food court and pick out what you want to eat, the person who takes your order stamps the slip. You fill your drink cup, take your food and sit down. After you are done, take the slip to the cashier and pay. There was no service charge added to our bill, but we were on the dining plan.

Curious about this... we are staying at CSR in two weeks, also on DDP. How do you know which items/stations make up 1 QS meal at Pepper Market? Do you just pick a station and are there entrees with sides and desserts? Or are they sides somewhere else? Just don't want to end up with something extra that's not considered part of my QS meal, and then have to pay OOP for it. Thanks!

Who? The poster who mentioned having to walk around the convention center said they had a preferred room so wouldn't they have been in Casitas 1, 2 or 3?

Not sure why they had to walk around the convention center unless construction was going on. yes preferred Casitas are buildings 1 2 and 3. Maybe they will explain.

No they were in Casitas 5 which is farther away from El Eentro.

Oh, I saw this: We had a preferred room that backed up to the Convention Center.

I thought all the "preferred rooms" were either in Casitas 1, 2 or 3. Casitas 5 does not "back up" to the convention center, but it would bee a bit of a further walk....

ugh...keep trying to find time to write up whole review of CSR, but want to give immediate answers. We stayed in Cabanas 9B as we booked business club level (booked a bounceback when I was there in May). Room was clean and comfortable, but a little shopworn. Rusty drain in sink, lots of scarred and marked up furniture and it looked like housekeeping used the wrong cleaner on the tv screen. We only had housekeeping a couple of times either due to wrong time of day or me forgetting and leaving the "do not disturb" sign on the door. We just asked for extra towels once or twice so not a big deal. The days that we did get housekeeping they never brought additional soap or shampoo even though I had put the ones in the room in my luggage.

We ate at the Pepper Market one afternoon and I continue to be underwhelmed by it (was there last Dec as well). The food choices just are not that exciting and we did have a "server" who brought us a glass of soda and a glass of water. Don't think that affords an 18 or 20% tip. Server was going to take payment at the table but they only had tap and pay at the register so we ended up paying there.

Also watched a cockroach (and yes, I am an entomologist so I know a cockroach from a palmetto bug) walk across the floor in the food part of the Pepper Market. I kindly exterminated it with the bottom of my shoe and tried to find a manager to point it out to, but was unable to find anyone during our meal.

Will write more on the resort and business club level when I get the chance...

mevelandry said:
Left Coronado this morning.

I want to mention that up to tuesday, it was still possible to " double dip" (Fastpass)...

There was no service at the tables and no charge (gratuity) at Pepper Market.

There were cockroaches at Ranchos 7A (outside). They said pest control would treat the building. I refused housekeeping all week since they leave the doors wide open while they clean. Had no problems at all (they called every dy to ask if we needed shampoo or towels or getting our room cleaned) and we had no "unwanted roomates". ;)

The walk is not as bad as you would think. DH had to go get something at the shop before 11:00 p.m., we left the room at 10:50 p.m. We got there without running and were able to make it on time. Remember we were on the complte opposite from El Centro. Very close to the pool and there was a bus stop (#3) right behind our building.

Cockroaches are everywhere in Fl. Door open or closed they will get in. They can come up the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter