Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to price out hotels for my trip in January and notice on the website that there are no standard rooms available for the last week, any one have an idea why?

The fountains didn't appear to be under any refurb, just turned off. They were full of water so I don't think they were working on the fountains. There was no other signs other than "Please excuse our dust- Use alternate walkways and arrows pointed down an alternate route thru the cassitas.

Thanks for the info. Maybe they were just cleaning or landscaping??? :confused3

I'm looking at booking CSR for 10/27-11/6 next year and the only room option showing up is 'king bed rooms' is this simply a case of certain rooms being released at intervals and other rooms could be released at a later date? Or does it mean these are the only rooms left?

We were hoping to book a preferred room :/

I'm looking at booking CSR for 10/27-11/6 next year and the only room option showing up is 'king bed rooms' is this simply a case of certain rooms being released at intervals and other rooms could be released at a later date? Or does it mean these are the only rooms left?

We were hoping to book a preferred room :/

It likely means those rooms are already booked, or at least blocked. There are historically lots of conventions in October/November at CSR.

Also, keep in mind, if even 1 of those nights is not available for the room type you want, it will show that room type as "unavailable" for your entire time-frame. :flower3:

I just find it strange even with conventions that such a large resort would have almost all rooms booked almost 14 months in advance :( shame we couldn't book any earlier :(

Is there anywhere to easily get hot/boiling water at CSR?
Can you get just hot water using the coffee machines in-room?

many thanks, Laura

I have actually found on several occasions that when I go to price a particular room, there is no availability, even way in advance. I know something isn't right, so I check back later and it's usually there then. I'm not sure why that happens, but it does. Maybe just a technical glitch or something. I would check back on it and I bet the room you want will be open.

Is there anywhere to easily get hot/boiling water at CSR?
Can you get just hot water using the coffee machines in-room?

many thanks, Laura

Yeah you can run water through the coffee makers without a filter in it and it will get pretty hot, not boiling but hot.

I have actually found on several occasions that when I go to price a particular room, there is no availability, even way in advance. I know something isn't right, so I check back later and it's usually there then. I'm not sure why that happens, but it does. Maybe just a technical glitch or something. I would check back on it and I bet the room you want will be open.

This is what I'm hoping. I've just checked on complete Orlando and for the same dates they have almost every room type available, so hopefully it's just a glitch

We got home Sunday evening and I just wanted to give a little plug for CSR Business Class. If any of you are trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade from standard or preferred at CSR, it definitely is!! Business Class rooms are all in Cabanas 9B, so the location alone is worth it. Saturday I had dh drop me off at the check in area on our way back from AK. He drove on around to the parking lot for 9B. I went in, got our boarding passes printed and walked back to the room. He was just sitting down on the bed to watch tv when I walked in the room. He kept say, "I can't believe you're back this fast!"

Our room was very quiet. We didn't hear our neighbors at all. We were at Pop two years ago and that was DH's biggest complaint. He could hear everything our neighbors said. It was loud and lots of kids running up and down the in front of our room. We were at Pop Sept. 29-Oct. 2, so basically the same time of year, so no real difference in crowds.

The food in the lounge was great for breakfast---yogurt, granola, cereal, bagels, muffins, danish, fresh fruit with the biggest blackberries I've seen, juice, milk, coffee, espresso, tea, hot chocolate, and cans of coke, tea, etc. but you had to ask for them. In the evenings they had chips, salsa, hummus, several types of cheese, crackers, kettle chips, various fruits, and veggies with dips. The same can drinks were out and there was also beer, sangria, and some wines. We don't drink, so I'm not really sure what all types of alcohol was available, but I remember the ones I mentioned. We got drinks to take back to the room each morning and each evening, so we didn't have to buy any drinks in the parks. We just put them in our bags when we left for the park. I don't think you could make a meal off the evening offerings, but the morning offerings could definitely be used for breakfast and this is what we did. We had a working fridge in our room. I know several people have asked about the fridge situation.

This was just a long weekend trip to celebrate my birthday, so we didn't go to the pool or hot tub. We did go to the grab and go place and dh got gelato, but we really didn't use any of the resort food places. We also had a car and didn't use the buses so I can't comment on them either.

This was my second stay at CSR. Last time we were in Casitas (3 or 4, can't remember which) and I enjoyed it even more than last time!

We just got home last night after staying in Casitas 5. It was 1/2 way between the dug site and El Centro. We used the quiet pool by #4 twice and the dig site pool twice. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurants but did use the Cafe a few times. The set up in there is not the most organized... But that's my only complaint!

We used bused stop #4 all week and never waited more than 5-10 mins max. We were the first stop so we always had a seat and didn't mind riding around the resort on the way to the parks. That being said, we were always the first ones off so that was nice as well!

We even met up with Shannon (above) and she was kind enough to drive us back one night after Illuminations!!

To the person who asked about the fridge, ours was working well in our room and even kept the water ice cold. You can make hot water in your coffee pot but it is not boiling. the coffee is Jeffrey's pods and I liked it, my DD did not. They were working on a walkway along the side of the Quiet Pool in the Cassitas and construction walls were up, so I do not think this was landscaping. Please pardon our dust, please use alternate walkway signs were up.

Are the magic bands available at check in as well or only in advance? We are checking in to CSR Oct. 18 but made a ressie thru a non disney site. The confirmation number we have won't work on MDE. So we haven't been able to do advance bands. Thanks.

We got home Sunday evening and I just wanted to give a little plug for CSR Business Class. If any of you are trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade from standard or preferred at CSR, it definitely is!! Business Class rooms are all in Cabanas 9B, so the location alone is worth it. Saturday I had dh drop me off at the check in area on our way back from AK. He drove on around to the parking lot for 9B. I went in, got our boarding passes printed and walked back to the room. He was just sitting down on the bed to watch tv when I walked in the room. He kept say, "I can't believe you're back this fast!"

Our room was very quiet. We didn't hear our neighbors at all. We were at Pop two years ago and that was DH's biggest complaint. He could hear everything our neighbors said. It was loud and lots of kids running up and down the in front of our room. We were at Pop Sept. 29-Oct. 2, so basically the same time of year, so no real difference in crowds.

The food in the lounge was great for breakfast---yogurt, granola, cereal, bagels, muffins, danish, fresh fruit with the biggest blackberries I've seen, juice, milk, coffee, espresso, tea, hot chocolate, and cans of coke, tea, etc. but you had to ask for them. In the evenings they had chips, salsa, hummus, several types of cheese, crackers, kettle chips, various fruits, and veggies with dips. The same can drinks were out and there was also beer, sangria, and some wines. We don't drink, so I'm not really sure what all types of alcohol was available, but I remember the ones I mentioned. We got drinks to take back to the room each morning and each evening, so we didn't have to buy any drinks in the parks. We just put them in our bags when we left for the park. I don't think you could make a meal off the evening offerings, but the morning offerings could definitely be used for breakfast and this is what we did. We had a working fridge in our room. I know several people have asked about the fridge situation.

This was just a long weekend trip to celebrate my birthday, so we didn't go to the pool or hot tub. We did go to the grab and go place and dh got gelato, but we really didn't use any of the resort food places. We also had a car and didn't use the buses so I can't comment on them either.

This was my second stay at CSR. Last time we were in Casitas (3 or 4, can't remember which) and I enjoyed it even more than last time!

I don;t drink soda. Do you remember if there was bottled water.Mornings? Evenings? TIA

Do the laundry rooms at CSR have credit card-enabled (or KTTW-enabled) machines? Or do I need to carry a buttload of quarters with me?

Do the laundry rooms at CSR have credit card-enabled (or KTTW-enabled) machines? Or do I need to carry a buttload of quarters with me?

Please - someone - if it has changed since last spring, please let me know.

But when I was there April 2012, the laundry room used quarters. $2 wash, $2 dry. But I didn't "carry" them around, there's a change machine inside the laundry. There's a soap machine and vending machines also. Very nice laundry room!!

I don;t drink soda. Do you remember if there was bottled water.Mornings? Evenings? TIA

Juice in carafes, little school milks and little bottles of perrier water were available in the morning. They were on ice.

In the evening coke, diet coke and sprite sodas were on ice. Beer and wine were served by the CM.

Juice in carafes, little school milks and little bottles of perrier water were available in the morning. They were on ice.

In the evening coke, diet coke and sprite sodas were on ice. Beer and wine were served by the CM.

Ok so I just checked out Buzz' site and he says bottled water available in the evenings. ..not in the mornings and the pictures show regular size bottles, not the small ones..has this changed? I know I sound nit picky but having bottled water is a must...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter