Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions for anyone who has stayed in 9B aka the Business Level. My husband and I will be there the last week in October, and I wanted to know if the upgrade was worth it.
1. Can you take drinks out of the lounge, for example, take bottles of water from lounge with you to the parks?
2. I've read about the different snacks in the evening, along with beer and wine. some sites say the alcohol is extra, some say it is all free?
3. I've also read somewhere that you can request a down service and they will bring drinks/snacks to your room.

Any truth behind this Info? Thanks for all the help!!!

New foot injury-- Need CSR advice

I've been looking forward to this little getaway with my DH for months. Well, last week I hurt my foot, and now I'm getting fitted for a boot tomorrow and trying to decide on a scooter rental, crutches, etc. for WDW. Kind of a bummer.:sad2:

Anyway, I'm wondering what phone number I should use to talk to someone about my new "status", since I have trouble getting around. Originally I planned on requesting Casitas 4. Would this still be the best place for me, given my lack of mobility?

Does anyone know if there's a wheelchair or golf cart to help get me to my room after check-in? I can hobble and walk a bit, but probably not that far. DH will be away at his conference for 2 days, so I'm wondering about silly, but practical things, like getting drink refills on my own, carrying my food tray at lunch time, etc. Kinda tricky on crutches, not to mention the distance involved, but what else can I do? :confused3

Hopefully someone has been through this while staying at CSR and can give me some tips. :flower3:

BTW, I did post on the DISabilities board too, but thought it might be helpful to get some CSR-specific advice. Thanks!

I have a few questions for anyone who has stayed in 9B aka the Business Level. My husband and I will be there the last week in October, and I wanted to know if the upgrade was worth it.
1. Can you take drinks out of the lounge, for example, take bottles of water from lounge with you to the parks?
2. I've read about the different snacks in the evening, along with beer and wine. some sites say the alcohol is extra, some say it is all free?
3. I've also read somewhere that you can request a down service and they will bring drinks/snacks to your room.

Any truth behind this Info? Thanks for all the help!!!

We LOVED the Business Class and i would do it again... we just got back a week ago after a 12 day stay...
#1 - you CAN take drinks out of the lounge - however, there are no bottles of water there - many other drinks - cans of pop you can take - juice, water in a pitcher, but no bottles of water - I had even asked about this and they said they didn't have any
#2 - the alcoholic drinks ARE included! we loved unwinding in the evening with a stop here... you can have a bottle of beer, glass of wine and sangria AND they will give you one or two "to go". i had seen mixed answers about the wine & beer being included, even directly from Disney, but after doing a lot of research, i found out that there is no extra price
#3 - didn't see any "delivery" of snacks - but you can take some to go if you wish and many people came in and took breakfast to go (which was a nice, fresh selection!)

The staff in the lounge were GREAT to talk to every day and gave us many tips and good info about the ins and outs of Disney - they always asked what we did each day and we enjoyed chatting with them. Plus, the perk of the room location was perfect, too... i would absolutely stay here again and do the upgrade! :beach:

We LOVED the Business Class and i would do it again... we just got back a week ago after a 12 day stay...
#1 - you CAN take drinks out of the lounge - however, there are no bottles of water there - many other drinks - cans of pop you can take - juice, water in a pitcher, but no bottles of water - I had even asked about this and they said they didn't have any
#2 - the alcoholic drinks ARE included! we loved unwinding in the evening with a stop here... you can have a bottle of beer, glass of wine and sangria AND they will give you one or two "to go". i had seen mixed answers about the wine & beer being included, even directly from Disney, but after doing a lot of research, i found out that there is no extra price
#3 - didn't see any "delivery" of snacks - but you can take some to go if you wish and many people came in and took breakfast to go (which was a nice, fresh selection!)

The staff in the lounge were GREAT to talk to every day and gave us many tips and good info about the ins and outs of Disney - they always asked what we did each day and we enjoyed chatting with them. Plus, the perk of the room location was perfect, too... i would absolutely stay here again and do the upgrade! :beach:

Thanks for the update. Am staying in Business Class room in 54 days! Really looking forward to it!

I requested building 9B, but is that not available to just anyone now. Is this only a business class building now. If so, which building should I request?

I requested building 9B, but is that not available to just anyone now. Is this only a business class building now. If so, which building should I request?

Yes you are correct, 9B is only Business Class rooms, which are a separate (and more expensive) booking category. You may want to check the price difference, when we went it was only $18 more per night for Business Class, and the preferred location alone was worth the extra $18 per night. Add in free continental breakfast, snacks, sodas, wine & beer in the evening & it might work for you.

Request 8A!!! It's so perfect! Just been back a week from a week's stay at 8A. Close to the Dig Site (big pool, Sangria's snack shack/bar, playground, and hot tub). Close to bus stop 4. Close enough to ElCentro and the restaurants, close to the little quiet pool in Cabanas. We loved it. And none of the rooms look out on the parking lot. It was a highlight of our vacation.

For our 10th anniversary my wife & I (more I than my wife... LOL) looked at a bunch of resorts and ended up going with Coronado Springs.

Than... we watched the 7 resorts in 7 days when Dis Unplugged on YouTube reviewed Coronado Springs. This made us SOOOOOOO happy to hear how much everyone enjoyed it. I can't wait to go.

We'll be there in October during the Food & Wine fest. so it should be a great, great vacation.

For our 10th anniversary my wife & I (more I than my wife... LOL) looked at a bunch of resorts and ended up going with Coronado Springs.

Than... we watched the 7 resorts in 7 days when Dis Unplugged on YouTube reviewed Coronado Springs. This made us SOOOOOOO happy to hear how much everyone enjoyed it. I can't wait to go.

We'll be there in October during the Food & Wine fest. so it should be a great, great vacation.

I'm blown away by how many people go to Disney to celebrate their anniversary. Happy Anniversary. We will be there in November for our 25th.
I guess after the years of hard work we all deserve that "Happiest place" to celebrate our marriages. May yours be amazing! Enjoy!

DH and I leave for CSR in two days. This will be our first time there as well. CSR certainly does look like a beautiful resort! Happy anniversary, happy planning, and have an awesome trip! :)

So I tried to look at the room pricing for June at CSR and it shows everything unavailable am I booking too far in advance?

Katie

I'm blown away by how many people go to Disney to celebrate their anniversary. Happy Anniversary. We will be there in November for our 25th.
I guess after the years of hard work we all deserve that "Happiest place" to celebrate our marriages. May yours be amazing! Enjoy!

Yeah... TOTALLY! We are all kid big kids... RIGHT?! LOL. We actually celebrated 4 or 5 Anniversaries there before we had kids. Since than we go with them... last trip was in Feb. of this year. But this time we need some RNR & RnR (Rockin' Roller coaster!) HA! :smickey:

DH and I leave for CSR in two days. This will be our first time there as well. CSR certainly does look like a beautiful resort! Happy anniversary, happy planning, and have an awesome trip! :)

Thanks :wave2: And isn't planning sometimes just as fun as going?! It is for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter