• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we stay there from 08.13.14 to 08.24.14 in a standard room
I'm coming from France

I think that the most important for my children is the pool
My son have "little legs " and I don't want he ´s so tired too !!

I conceed it´ll be our first visit , we just know Disneyland Paris and we know that Will be very different for us

We have one year to wait but so excited and exciting to plane

Thanks for my english it's bit easy for me too

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

according to the map building 8A is the closet to the Dig Site(main)pool

So we stay there from 08.13.14 to 08.24.14 in a standard room
I'm coming from France

I think that the most important for my children is the pool
My son have "little legs " and I don't want he ´s so tired too !!

I conceed it´ll be our first visit , we just know Disneyland Paris and we know that Will be very different for us

We have one year to wait but so excited and exciting to plane

Thanks for my english it's bit easy for me too

I agree! If you want to be near the main pool and also not far from a bus stop, and not too terribly far from the lobby & restaurants, you should request Cabanas "8A" or "8B" :thumbsup2

How exciting, planning your first WDW trip!! :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks a lot

It´s what I thought

And yes it´s very exciting to plan this travel
First Time un WDW, first time over Europe , and first Time for the plane

next question: do they even have connecting rooms in business class or should I just ask for adjacent rooms?
Is there a map of the hotel some where that shows what the individual rooms are?

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/trish_donovan1/media/photo1_zps9656f8d6.jpg.html

I posted this pic earlier in this thread. We had room ending in 25. It was a king room. It had a connecting door in it too.

It is easier to read on my iPhone so here are numbers in case needed. Just noticed that picture has been flipped upside down and backwards.

Bottom right, to top 00,01,02,03. 04,05,06,07. 08,09,10,11. 50,51,52,53. 55(jr suite) 56, 57

Bottom left 20,21,22,23. 24,25,25,27. 28,29,30,31. 40,41,42,43. 44,45,46,47

25 faced small lake on back side

Elevator by 00, 20

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/trish_donovan1/media/photo1_zps9656f8d6.jpg.html

I posted this pic earlier in this thread. We had room ending in 25. It was a king room. It had a connecting door in it too.

It is easier to read on my iPhone so here are numbers in case needed. Just noticed that picture has been flipped upside down and backwards.

Bottom right, to top 00,01,02,03. 04,05,06,07. 08,09,10,11. 50,51,52,53. 55(jr suite) 56, 57

Elevator by 00, 20

Thats awesome! Thanks!

Elevator by 00, 20

Where is the actual lounge located, which of those rooms on the map is closest? Thanks!

Hello

I see the cabanas section has hammocks and a nice sandy area
Is this a good spot to relax and can kids dig in sand?
Is this area full of snakes and bugs because it is close to the water?
Thanks

Hi! I'm sorry if this has been asked. I'm new to the thread and plan on reading past posts, but haven't yet.
We had the pirate room at CBR reserved until I found out that the beds were doubles. Sleeping on a double bed will result in the hubs getting pushed out of the bed at 3am. Also, the pirate rooms were a recorded 7 to 10 min walk to get drinks in your mugs or go to the pool. On previous trips we stay in the parks from before they open til close. With all the walking I really wasn't going to want to do another hike for a drink, lol. So, with that.....we switched. :) And from what I've read and seen pics of so far...we couldn't be happier that we switched!!!
We will be there in Dec.
We have reserved a water view room and when I booked I made a request for the Cabanas and a corner room.
Do you think that will be a good spot?

Just wanted to let you all know that we just checked in and found out that all fridges in the resort haven been recalled and can't be used. We found out when we came to our room and found out. They said they sent out letters and emails but I never received any. Just a heads up! Very disappointed!

Yes! We had a room in 8A. It was a nice location and close to the bus stop too. However, for anyone using a stroller, W/C, ECV, the entrances to the dig site by 8A do not have ramps they are steps. So we did have to walk around a good part of the Dig Site to no have to use the steps. For anyone able bodied, 8A is a great Dig Site location!! We also stayed in 7A (our room was a corner room closest to the 8B rooms) and that was close too and we loved the Ranchos quiet pool.

Hello

I see the cabanas section has hammocks and a nice sandy area
Is this a good spot to relax and can kids dig in sand?
Is this area full of snakes and bugs because it is close to the water?
Thanks

Snakes can be anywhere in FL. However, I can honestly say I have never seen a snake at CSR. I've seen them at POR, MK, Epcot, AK, Pop.

Typically the hammock areas in the Cabanas and the Casistas are not buggy. However there was one October where I remember CSR closing the pools early due to mosquitos. It was terrible that year.

Just wanted to let you all know that we just checked in and found out that all fridges in the resort haven been recalled and can't be used. We found out when we came to our room and found out. They said they sent out letters and emails but I never received any. Just a heads up! Very disappointed!

Yes, refrigerators resortwide. They are doing what they can for people with medical needs, but even those are not guaranteed.

Oh no! Sorry that you have to go without a fridge for your vacation :( did they give you an idea of when they would be replaced? Our trip is fast approaching...

Oh no! Sorry that you have to go without a fridge for your vacation :( did they give you an idea of when they would be replaced? Our trip is fast approaching...

May take several months. It affects a large amount of refrigerators on property. I know some resorts had only some of their refrigerators taken out as multiple types were in the rooms. I guess this was not the case with CSR.

Where is the actual lounge located, which of those rooms on the map is closest? Thanks!

The way the hallways jog around it was confusing. At first we walked from 25 towards 00/20 and elevators. We went down stairs and around building past first few groups. Then i think it was in 10/11 on first floor. Anybody else remember?

When we left lounge we followed building to end (57)then follwed path to bus stop one. The lounge faced main lake. Our side/ faced small lake on back.

I am directionally impaired so sorry if off by a little but that should be close.

Also the red triangles are where the staircases are.

**** remember to look at is as if you in a mirror. The image was reversed when downloaded***

Forgive me if this has been answered. I have been reading posts from this thread for a while now. In the original post it gives the order that the buses pick up. It also says something about DTD and exit buses. What does it mean by "exit buses"? Also, if you get on at stop #1 at El Centro and it is the last stop, is it likely to be full by the time it stops at #1? (assuming buses pick up in order of 2, 3, 4, then 1 as stated). Thanks a bunch!! ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter