Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I heard there is a way to override this. This is what might work. I haven't been there yet, so I don't know if this does the trick:

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours.

I don't think CSR is the only Disney resort that has this.

Thanks!! That's great to know!!

Oh i requested the Cabanas because I thought the beachy feel would be less hotel like.... Now Im second guessing

Dang it .... sorry I meant Cabanas or Ranchos !!! you are good ! Going to PM you to make sure you get this :)

The view from our room at Cabanas 9153 (Building 9A with Water view)

Right at the end of the path is a white beach with hammocks ... just awesome

Floridroomview_zps8a1d90ec.jpg

Shaden said:
Dang it .... sorry I meant Cabanas or Ranchos !!! you are good ! Going to PM you to make sure you get this :)

The view from our room at Cabanas 9153 (Building 9A with Water view)

Right at the end of the path is a white beach with hammocks ... just awesome

Thats gorgeous!!

Checking in Live from CSR!!! I checked in at 12:45pm and the room was ready (King Business Class). The lounge was closed so I didn't have a chance to check it out till about 7pm and when I did, the key did not work. I walked back to the front desk and the CM never checked the box for club access so after new room keys were printed, it was good!

Our room is a bottom floor room facing the lake in 9B. We are very close to the bus stop and main building. It's raining now so I didn't have a chance to check out the pool but I've seen it many times before and love it!

Room looked clean..even the top of the closet which is good! I'm going to ask for more shampoo/cond/ shower gel tomorrow and see if we get it.

The lounge is fantastic and there was no one in there when I went back at 9:30pm. I had two Sangria's (one of which to go). They gave me bowls to take snacks back for my DBF who's arriving from Nashville later tonight. They also gave me bottles of water to take back and went above and beyond even after knowing I was a fellow CM (believe it or not, some CMs will treat you differently if they know you are one too..odd I know.)

The resort seems to be pretty busy which I'm sure is due to Valentine's Day and President's Day in the same weekend.

I had Pepper Mkt for dinner which was good and took my cake to go! Tip..if you have a mug already from DDP, you can ask for a bottle of water as your beverage for the meal and they will fill the mug as well!

That's pretty much it for now!!!

Taking dd for 18th bday( with permission of dh/ds who will stay home). Since I just booked airfare and dates are 4/3-4/7 I was thrilled to find a pass holder rate was actually available! I was so close to booking CBR but when I checked availability on disney web it showed the business class room.

I KNEW WHERE TO LOOK FOR INFO, HERE!!!!

Thanks to all of you for info, I booked first 3 nights Business King and will definitely enjoy my all time favorite Disney drink- Red Sangria made the best only at CS!!
The location of 9b looks great too. With savings of the pass holder rate and food and drinks I am going to move for last day to YC Regatta Club.

I have stayed at a disney resort over 35+ times and still don't know everything, how the heck first timers survive I will never know!
Thanks again for great Coconino Cove info and pictures!! Made my planning easier and I have a huge smile on my face looking forward to a great mom n me trip.
Trisha

We’re coming back! :banana: :banana:We’ll be staying here 6 - 17 Jan 2014. I’ll be running the Goofy race and a half challenge, DH will run the half with me and the 5k with our DS.:faint: I could not think of any place better to stay than CSR with its wonderful hot tub and onsite spa for a well deserved massage after all that running.:cloud9:

Also does anyone know since I booked a PACKAGE, if a room only discount comes out if I can apply that to the package?

You can get the discount but you would have to re-book as a 'room only' and then add the package elements that apply to you.

You can get the discount but you would have to re-book as a 'room only' and then add the package elements that apply to you.

You don't need to go through that. You can have the room only discount applied to your package. You just have to call. I had my package booked in November for my April trip. When the room discounts came out the first of the year, I was able to call and they applied them to my package. :thumbsup2

We're headed to CSR this week, first time there and first time onsite in 8 years.

There is a good chance that a teen friend of my DD16 will drive over one day so they can visit MK together.

I would like it if they met at the resort (instead of the crowded theme park). Will the friend be allowed to park in the lobby area for a few minutes to meet DD? Could she buy her park admission ticket there - lines might be shorter than at the MK gates?

I know the friend cannot leave her car at CSR for the day, just need a spot for 15 min. or so to meet up and maybe buy a ticket.

Thanks. :)

If its fri or sat he may run into problems due to princess half marathon meet up. They put out that no drop off/pick up will happen at CSR. I'm sure they are talking about people going to expo- and not a guest situation like this. However- be advised he could be stopped or questioned more than normal. I'd ask front desk for help!

longhorns2 said:
If its fri or sat he may run into problems due to princess half marathon meet up. They put out that no drop off/pick up will happen at CSR. I'm sure they are talking about people going to expo- and not a guest situation like this. However- be advised he could be stopped or questioned more than normal. I'd ask front desk for help!

Ok, that's princess half marathon expo! Not meetup. I have that I. The brain. Lol

thanks longhorns2, the plan is now to meet the friend at a park on Tues. after we arrive, but things change quickly with teens!

I read about the marathon expo, and I think things will get a little more busy around the resort. We check out on Saturday anyway, to go to That Other Park.

MADnNOLA said:
You don't need to go through that. You can have the room only discount applied to your package. You just have to call. I had my package booked in November for my April trip. When the room discounts came out the first of the year, I was able to call and they applied them to my package. :thumbsup2

Thank you... Im still hoping for one for June 15th... so until one is released its a moot point for me.... But just being prepared :)

After trying for over a week and having to tweak our dates again, we were finally able to rebook CSR-Business Class with the BB offer we had. Finally everything fell into place and all our changes (including our airfare that we had already booked) came through. We are so excited to go back this August and try the Cabanas section and the lounge :)

Just booked business class. Very excited! I am doing it primarily for the continental breakfast. I am hoping this will ease the burden of trying to eat/make breakfast in our rooms in the AM. The alcoholic beverages in the PM are an added plus ;) I will post a review- we are less than 90 days away from our vacation.

Just booked business class. Very excited! I am doing it primarily for the continental breakfast. I am hoping this will ease the burden of trying to eat/make breakfast in our rooms in the AM. The alcoholic beverages in the PM are an added plus ;) I will post a review- we are less than 90 days away from our vacation.

Looking at your ticker, depending how long you're there for we may just bump into you! We're business class also and very much looking forward too it :cool1:

Just checked out of Business Class today! For us, it was worth it! The breakfast was great and you are able to have it as grab and go if need-be. The only thing that changed daily was the muffin/cin. roll/danish. The CMs were all fantastic and loved hearing what your daily plans were or how your day was!

The night snacks were very good after a long day in the park or a treat before you leave for the park at night. We were on the DDP and thought it was still worth it! Everyone we talked to in the club really enjoyed themselves.

If you have any questions let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter