Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to store iPads in the CSR room safes? Just checking to see if they will fit before I decide on whether or not to let the kids bring them for entertainment on the flight.

Not sure if it's ok to ask this here as opposed to the dining board but I was hoping for some perspective of people who've specifically stayed at CSR :)

Can someone tell me about Cafe Rix and Pepper Market and how "portable" their breakfasts are? I've seen the menus online but am wondering if we could pick up the food and easily bring it back to our room or even eat it in the car on the way to a park. Thoughts on this? Is everything served on plates? Can you get "to go" boxes? :)

We're planning one particularly early morning and while I'm definitely willing to grocery shop or order groceries delivered it might be nice to have something bigger than what we can fix in our room without taking away from our park time in the early am.

Not sure if it's ok to ask this here as opposed to the dining board but I was hoping for some perspective of people who've specifically stayed at CSR :)

Can someone tell me about Cafe Rix and Pepper Market and how "portable" their breakfasts are? I've seen the menus online but am wondering if we could pick up the food and easily bring it back to our room or even eat it in the car on the way to a park. Thoughts on this? Is everything served on plates? Can you get "to go" boxes? :)

We're planning one particularly early morning and while I'm definitely willing to grocery shop or order groceries delivered it might be nice to have something bigger than what we can fix in our room without taking away from our park time in the early am.

There is def portable food available, not sure about from the Pepper Market, we only sat down ate there, but from the smaller Cafe (not Cafe Rix either, more the snack bar) there is Toast, Bagels, Muffins, Danish, Cereal, cookies, and a few warm things, all available for takeout ... all cost 1 Snack from the DDP. Its very quick to pick up and go from there as well, in the mornings we just grabbed something it took like 2 mins.

Hope this helps.

We will be doing our first mini WDW trip in May, staying at CSR after a few days at the beach. We will want to return our National Rental Car after we get checked in.

From CSR, which National drop off location is best: Dolphin, Car Care Center, or Shades of Green?

Thanks!

Has anyone tried to store iPads in the CSR room safes? Just checking to see if they will fit before I decide on whether or not to let the kids bring them for entertainment on the flight.

Yes it is definitely big enough! We fit in 2 iPads, 1 kindle, wallets, etc. You should have no problem.

We will be at CSR 4/14-4/20. This will be our second stay at CSR. Our first stay in Feb 2011 we were in 9B with a wonderful view of a pond at the back of the building (we had booked standard view). We didn't book Business Club so we aren't likely to be staying there agian. For this trip I am going to request a non-parking lot view and hope for the best (we booked standard view again). I am hoping it's just as quiet and peaceful as it was on our first visit.

We will be at CSR 4/14-4/20. This will be our second stay at CSR. Our first stay in Feb 2011 we were in 9B with a wonderful view of a pond at the back of the building (we had booked standard view). We didn't book Business Club so we aren't likely to be staying there agian. For this trip I am going to request a non-parking lot view and hope for the best (we booked standard view again). I am hoping it's just as quiet and peaceful as it was on our first visit.

When you stayed in 9B on your last trip do you remember if this building had any parking lot views? When I look at the map of the resort it doesn't look like this building has any parking lot views. I'm curious since I will be staying business class in November and there was no option for any type of views.

When you stayed in 9B on your last trip do you remember if this building had any parking lot views? When I look at the map of the resort it doesn't look like this building has any parking lot views. I'm curious since I will be staying business class in November and there was no option for any type of views.

CSR was our first childless trip as well. You will love it. It doesn't have any direct views of a parking lot, but if you are in the last section of the building at the back of 9B closest to them you would be able to see them if you looked to your right and leaned over the bushes. You can see the front entrance and see the cars driving in and out from the back side of the building. It was past the pond and far enough away that noise wasn't an issue and I am a very light sleeper.

If you have a car then the parking lot is still very close with the bus stop not too far away. 9B is a wonderful location, enjoy!!

CSR was our first childless trip as well. You will love it. It doesn't have any direct views of a parking lot, but if you are in the last section of the building at the back of 9B closest to them you would be able to see them if you looked to your right and leaned over the bushes. You can see the front entrance and see the cars driving in and out from the back side of the building. It was past the pond and far enough away that noise wasn't an issue and I am a very light sleeper.

If you have a car then the parking lot is still very close with the bus stop not too far away. 9B is a wonderful location, enjoy!!

That is encouraging to hear, these 10 months can't go fast enough. Like you I am a light sleeper and it's more of a concern about late night noise than it is about view. Then again, I would rather look at a nice view than someones 10 year old Toyota Camry outside my door. :lmao:

Total newbie question:

Does the bus from CSR go directly to, say, Animal Kingdom, or must you travel all the way up to the TTC, change busses, and head back down to Animal Kingdom?

Just planning in nap times for the toddler :o)

javail said:
Total newbie question:

Does the bus from CSR go directly to, say, Animal Kingdom, or must you travel all the way up to the TTC, change busses, and head back down to Animal Kingdom?

Just planning in nap times for the toddler :o)

Yes the bus will go to theme parks. You will not have to transfer.

Hmmm....I was going to book a CBR pirate room for our Sept. family trip, but after looking through this thread I think I am going to switch to CSR. The rooms have the same muted look that we like about the pirate rooms without the extra $40 a night price tag. The pool looks nice too, even if CBR has the better kids splash pool.

My question that I didn't see here (or very easily missed) is there ample parking by the main building where the restaurant is? We will have a vehicle and after reading about the long walk, we might want to drive over there on our way to the parks for breakfast to save about a half hour roundtrip walk. I don't see myself paying for a preferred room.

Hello!! Me and my bestie are going to be staying at The CSR in June. It is my first time in a moderate resort as we usually stay at the GF or SSR so a tad apprehensive but the resort looked beautiful on pictures and I've herd some amazing reviews so thought we would give it a try!
Silly question and probably not high among people's priorities for planning but....

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the quality of the hair dryer provided?!? The others at the other hotels have been ok but as I've not stayed here before I don't know what it's like for amenities! we are coming from the uk it would be nice to to have to bring one however I hate the ones that are attached the wall or you have to keep your finger on the power button for it to work! I have quite a lot of hair and it takes ages to dry it with a professional hairdressing one so I could do with knowing!
Thank you!!

Hello!! Me and my bestie are going to be staying at The CSR in June. It is my first time in a moderate resort as we usually stay at the GF or SSR so a tad apprehensive but the resort looked beautiful on pictures and I've herd some amazing reviews so thought we would give it a try!
Silly question and probably not high among people's priorities for planning but....

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the quality of the hair dryer provided?!? The others at the other hotels have been ok but as I've not stayed here before I don't know what it's like for amenities! we are coming from the uk it would be nice to to have to bring one however I hate the ones that are attached the wall or you have to keep your finger on the power button for it to work! I have quite a lot of hair and it takes ages to dry it with a professional hairdressing one so I could do with knowing!
Thank you!!

I'd bring your own hair dryer. My hair is very fine, and it still took a while to dry it using the one provided at CSR. Or at any Disney resort.

Have a great time!

I was just wondering the best way to get to AKL from CSR for a 9am ADR @ BOMA.......:confused:

Take a cab. :thumbsup2

The other way would be to take a bus from CSR to a park (AK being the closest), then catch a bus leaving the park for AKL -- but that can be very time-consuming.

emsparkles - ITA with maxiesmom: bring your own hair dryer! :thumbsup2

Maybe I need to ask on the transportation board but I thought I'd start here first since we're starting at CSR.

We have a reservation for a Character Breakfast at 8:20 at Animal Kingdom on the day when the park doesn't open until 9:00. We've heard we should be at the park by 8:00 to get to the restaurant on time. Will the busses be running more than an hour before the parks open? We'd initially thought we would take a cab but my son is young/small enough that he is legally required to have a car seat and we don't want to lug it around with us all day. Now we're not sure what to do.

Wonderboi said:
Maybe I need to ask on the transportation board but I thought I'd start here first since we're starting at CSR.

We have a reservation for a Character Breakfast at 8:20 at Animal Kingdom on the day when the park doesn't open until 9:00. We've heard we should be at the park by 8:00 to get to the restaurant on time. Will the busses be running more than an hour before the parks open? We'd initially thought we would take a cab but my son is young/small enough that he is legally required to have a car seat and we don't want to lug it around with us all day. Now we're not sure what to do.

They should have a bus that runs early enough for you to get there. We had an early adr at Epcot once and made it fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter