Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by StitchandPooh'sMom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightAngelX

NightAngelX Would rather be at WDW

Thanks! That is a good point. I guess I see it more like all the stops make it longer but since only a few people are at each stop maybe its about the same. :) I also would think having convention goers would make buses less crowded too.

Thanks to everyone posting pictures! I love to see them! I haven't decided where I am staying yet but I have time. I have subscribed and will be following along! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. willowsnn3

willowsnn3 Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

POP is our favorite value resort altho we are cheating on it next month and staying at CSR!
    The buses at POP load in front of the main building(which is not a long walk from any of the buildings) with a separate waiting area for each park. Never saw the area too 'busy' except maybe in the mornings for the first bus but usually not too bad. We always drive & usually park in the main lot right across from the main building so we go by the bus stop a lot.

4. vikster1

vikster1 DIS Veteran

It's possible a half gallon will fit when taking out the shelves. But I am not 100% certain. It is a standard dorm fridge. If you are staying business class you can get little school milks "to go". Garden grocer might be able to answer that question for you. I wish I was going back in 22 days. Have fun!

Business class stop/main front is bus stop 1. It is actually the last stop of 4 around the resort. I stayed in April and a few trips we were standing room only. Depending when you go you might be better off in the preferred rooms if you don't want a crowded/standing bus. It takes about 5 minutes to get around the resort from bus stop 2 /3/4 to 1.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can fit 3 half gallon containers, milk/OJ etc, on the door. Or you can take the shelf out and it will fit in the main compartment. Check out post #2 of this thread for a picture of the inside of the fridge for reference.

6. JustMinnie

JustMinnie <font color=993300>The TF's notice everyone and ev

We've finally hit single digits!! Because we're driving down, we leave 7 days from tomorrow, arriving in 8! :woohoo: Can't wait. And so excited about staying at CSR again, its been awhile.

7. Rapunzel

Rapunzel Mouseketeer

I'm getting excited! We leave in 59 days. Never stayed anywhere but ASMo or PoP. Oh and The Disney Inn when I was little ;)

8. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

Ooooo ... so excited for BOTH of you!!! Enjoy!

I have no ticker
    :rolleyes2

9. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

I don't mind crowded or standing....I hate waiting for the second bus to come. We will be going in the summer, so it will be crowded. I am going to have to think about this one. Thank you so much for the info!

10. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

CSR is very centrally located and with the exception of DTD the bus rides are very short so I don't find standing that big of a deal.

11. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

Recieved a PIN code for FD for dates from Aug to Dec so this pretty much assures another December CSR vacation for us! The FD deal works out to a great value for us, as long as they keep giving us FD we'll probably keep going!

12. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

I got one too! :thumbsup2 But I doubt I'll be able to fund another visit. :sad2:

13. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

Congrats on the pins... But I'm bumming, I haven't received one yet. :confused3

14. 3TinksandPeter

3TinksandPeter All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pix

Hi everyone! :wave2: We are joining the CSR family! Leaving in 14 days for our very first stay there. Been to WDW many times, but never stayed at a moderate. Excited and nervous - hope the size of the resort and the very large convention that will be there at the same time doesn't affect our stay. But the theming looks beautiful - can't wait!:cool1:

15. Aquatic

Aquatic Earning My Ears

Us, too. We've hit the single digits! Leaving in 8 days arriving in 9. We're very excited! It's DD5 and my first visit to WDW and DH's second. Looking forward to staying at the Coronado.

16. capegirl

capegirl DIS Veteran

You will LOVE it ! The grounds are so pretty, we looked forward to our morning walk for coffee. Have a grand vacation.:)

17. CDoobee

CDoobee <font color=teal>I'll never grow up!!<br><font col

StitchandPooh'sMom,

I don't know if anyone has informed you of this yet or not, but there is a convention, Home Based Travel Agent Forum, to be held here October 28-30, 2013. Just thought I'd pass this on for your list!

18. MizSassy

MizSassy Earning My Ears

Phew! Finally made it through this whole thread! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the questions and awesome answers! I don't have one single question that hasn't already been answered... yet! We are staying at the CSR for the first time in the middle of October. I can not wait!!

I am also bummed I haven't gotten a PIN yet for the FDP. :( It was free last October when we went. We are on a budget this year (thanks to buying a new house!) so if we could get the DP plan free, I would totally try to upgrade to BC! Or have more spending money! :thumbsup2

19. lupp2217

lupp2217 Loving Disney

Where is this convention schedule?

20. lupp2217

lupp2217 Loving Disney

Found it! Thanks for the awesome info in this thread.

21. tammilynne

tammilynne Mouseketeer

How late is the laundry area open?? I know im going to have to wash clothes but can't figure out when I will fit that in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.