Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying in 2 weeks. I'll report back if no one else has!

Please do! We had to change our dates because of a school event so instead of 2 weeks I'll be there in 4. I would love to see some reports back while I'm waiting!

So I currently have a business class room booked 8/11-8/18 with a pin code but have to switch our dates b/c airfare came out yesterday and is incredibly more expensive than I'm willing to pay. So now when I look at checking in a week later 8/20 check-in date, the website says there is no availability at CSR. I know there is a huge convention that starts later in August but anyone know why the week of 8/20 shows no availability?

How crowded does the CSR 22 seater hot tub get on weekends ?
Better during the day than at the end of the day ?
Thanks! :thumbsup2

We were just there (Jan 23-30) and used the hot tub around 5 pm. Me and maybe one or two others were also using. Not crowded at all!

mommyrosa2- have you checked on availability w/o the pin code? It my be they are sold out of discounted rooms on those dates.

So the only place to fill your cups is the Rix Cafe if you want to do it on your own? Bummer. The kids love to fill them with what they want a couple times a day. It's part of the fun for us. Is the Rix near the Pepper Market?

You can also fill your mugs at the Digsite (main pool). Cafe Rix is right beside Pepper Market.

Here now, and I got a bit of Pixie dust, I think. Booked a standard and got a room in Casitas 3 with a lovely view of the lake! I spent the previous 4 nights at Pop, and I like
that resort, but my heart is here at the Coronado. Isn't it funny how you can stay at different resorts, but there's one that makes you feel like it's 'home'? :)

Yes, you did get a bit of pixie dust as you got a "preferred" building at your standard rate. :)

Have a great time; and I know exactly what you mean about that one resort feeling like "home" even when you do others.

Okay,I've got a question that I don't' know if anyone can answer. I've got a trip to CSR (our first trip to this resort) scheduled for the end of April. We booked a King room, and I've requested to be in the Casitas (bld. 4 or 5). What do you think my odds are of getting a King on one of those buildings? Are there a good number of King rooms in each building?

mommyrosa2- have you checked on availability w/o the pin code? It my be they are sold out of discounted rooms on those dates.

I did check without my pin code and it's completely booked! I'm now forced to check into another moderate. We really liked CSR when we stayed in '09 and I was excited to try the business class this time around...won't be this trip i guess :(

Hi everyone!:wave2: I think we have finally decided on this resort for our November trip. I was going back an forth on which resort would be best for our 6 year old daughter. In 2011 we stayed at CBR and absolutely loved it. My dd loved the pirate ship pool for little ones, BUT this year she will be too big for it :sad:. What does CSR have for little ones her age to do? Do they show nightly movies (incase we have an "off" night from parks)? What is the play area like/will she be too big for it? Down time for her and my hubby is pool time...what are the pools like? My down time is shopping;)

Are all the dining options at CSR non-disney owned? Does eating there still have that "Disney" feel? At the same time....is the food better/worse than the quality of Disney restaurants?

Hi everyone!:wave2: I think we have finally decided on this resort for our November trip. I was going back an forth on which resort would be best for our 6 year old daughter. In 2011 we stayed at CBR and absolutely loved it. My dd loved the pirate ship pool for little ones, BUT this year she will be too big for it :sad:. What does CSR have for little ones her age to do? Do they show nightly movies (incase we have an "off" night from parks)? What is the play area like/will she be too big for it? Down time for her and my hubby is pool time...what are the pools like? My down time is shopping;)

The playground at the CSR is very cool (there should be pictures on Page 1 or 2 of this thread). She will love the Jaguar slide and she can wear a life jacket going down it if I am not mistaken. They do have movies and a marshmellow roast.

Are all the dining options at CSR non-disney owned? Does eating there still have that "Disney" feel? At the same time....is the food better/worse than the quality of Disney restaurants?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Disney feel" at the restaurants. I've eaten at all of the moderate food courts and have never noticed a "Disney" feel. None of the restaurants at the Coronado are owned by Disney...they are run by an off-site group. We have always enjoyed our meals at the Pepper Market (and we've eaten there at least one for all ten of our trips).

I think what I meant by "Disney feel" is: if I didn't know it was owned by an outside vendor, would I even notice or would I be feeling like I had gone offsite? Are the employees acting like Disney CM's?

I think what I meant by "Disney feel" is: if I didn't know it was owned by an outside vendor, would I even notice or would I be feeling like I had gone offsite? Are the employees acting like Disney CM's?

The CM's at the Pepper Market have had good reviews and bad reviews. Truthfully, all they do is bring you your drinks and silverware and refill your glasses.

Other than that, the food is good and it's a great deal on the dining plan.

Quick and strange question:

Does ME run from CSR to the McDonald's?

DH is attempting to talk me into flying and I've found a great deal on a flight, so I am considering it. But I had planned to grab some quick meals at McDonald's a few times during the week that we're there (we're not on the dining plan).

DH is attempting to talk me into flying and I've found a great deal on a flight, so I am considering it. But I had planned to grab some quick meals at McDonald's a few times during the week that we're there (we're not on the dining plan).

No.

ME only runs between the airport and your resort. Sometimes they make stops at various resorts such as All Star Resorts and CSR. But they do not make any other stops.

itsmeamanda said:

You mean disney buses? No they don't. Magical Express is the coach service that takes you to and from the airport. The only way to get to the mcdonald's on property is to drive (or cab) or walk, but the walk may be dangerous. Not sure if there are pedestrian sidewalks there can't remember. Good luck!

Hi everyone. We're looking at an Oct 5 - 12 trip later this year and I'm trying to figure out where to stay. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it but are considering risking a change of scenery this year. Two adults. No kids. And we will more than likely end up doing the Tower of Terror 10 mile run on Oct 5th.

Have any of you stayed at both? Any likes, dislikes, preferences between the two, etc. you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter