Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few questions. Sorry if I overlooked these!

1. I booked a preferred room. Do you have a favorite preferred location?

2. There is still free wireless, right? I will have to do some work on our trip.

3. How late is the main pool and slide open?

4. I am not sure I understand how dinner works at Pepper Market. We'll need to eat there on our arrival evening. There is some sort of stamp card? We will be on the dining plan if that matters.

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes

1. We don't book preferred since we like the cabanas the best. But, I'd probably say casita 3 since it is nearer to the bus stop, still close to the main building, and closest of the preferred buildings to the main pool. Next choice would be casita 1 since it is right next to the main building. Last choice would be casita 2, primarily because the elevators in casita 2 only go to the third floor, but there are four floors. :confused: You either have to climb the stairs to the fourth floor or take the casita 3 elevator and walk around. If they assign you a room that starts with 24xx, I would ask to be moved. :thumbsup2

2. Yes, still free wireless.

3. The slide usually closes around 8 or 9, depending on the time of year. The pool is open a couple of hours after the slide closes, so it will be open until 10 or 11.

4. On the DDP, dinner at Pepper Market is a quick service credit. You choose one entree, one dessert and a drink per person. You can pay out of pocket for anything else (or use snack credits). I think they still stamp your card if your are on the DDP. We always pay OOP and they stamp the card.

You will go into the Pepper Market, where you will be seated at a table and a server will get your drinks and bring your silverware. You take your card up to the different stations and they stamp what you order. When you leave, you will pay for your meal. There is a 10% service charge at dinner to cover the server, but there have been conflicting reports as to whether people on the DDP are charged the 10%. You can charge it to your room if you don't want to carry cash.

Alternatively, you can choose to take your food to go and you won't be charged the 10%. If it is a nice evening (and it probably will be in October), there are lots of tables out by the lake. They will package your food and send you on your way.

We prefer to eat outside unless it is really hot or raining.

Here is a link to the Pepper Market menu (it says lunch and dinner at the top, but it is just dinner. Lunch is a buffet.):

http://allears.net/menu/menu_pm.htm

CSR has other quick service options for dinner as well - Cafe Rix (down the hall from Pepper Market), Laguna Bar (outside by the lake) and Siesta's by the pool. I think food at Siesta's stops at 6, though.

Booked!!!!

Staying at AKV Kidani w/ DxDDP renting DVC points for 2 night first.

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
2 adults 2 children (age 2 and 3)
$2909

Swapped from the LM rooms since they are excluded. Upgraded to a mod - CSR - upgraded to DxDDP and still saved almost $900!!!!

I am THRILLED!!!

Booked!!!!

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
$2909

Swapped from the LM rooms since they are excluded. Upgraded to a mod - CSR - upgraded to DxDDP and still saved almost $900!!!!

I am THRILLED!!!

Congratulations! Have a great time! 2 nights at AKV is just right. We loved it there when we did a split, but were ready to move on after a couple of days. Just enough time for a meal at Jiko and Boma, two of our faves!

I'm not saying your wrong, but maybe it's like you said that due to holiday volume, things were changed. I was just there in late May/early June and it was always the AK bus.

I was at CSR June 12-20 and the EPCOT bus was the only bus that went to BB. They must change it!

Booked!!!!

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
$2909

I am THRILLED!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have stayed CSR nine times, and last year we stayed at AKV Kidani. We LOVE both resorts equally. The only reason that the AKV might get a slight edge was my love of giraffes and sitting on the balcony with them outside my window every morning and afternoon.

You will love both resorts.

1. We don't book preferred since we like the cabanas the best. But, I'd probably say casita 3 since it is nearer to the bus stop, still close to the main building, and closest of the preferred buildings to the main pool. Next choice would be casita 1 since it is right next to the main building. Last choice would be casita 2, primarily because the elevators in casita 2 only go to the third floor, but there are four floors. :confused: You either have to climb the stairs to the fourth floor or take the casita 3 elevator and walk around. If they assign you a room that starts with 24xx, I would ask to be moved. :thumbsup2

2. Yes, still free wireless.

3. The slide usually closes around 8 or 9, depending on the time of year. The pool is open a couple of hours after the slide closes, so it will be open until 10 or 11.

4. On the DDP, dinner at Pepper Market is a quick service credit. You choose one entree, one dessert and a drink per person. You can pay out of pocket for anything else (or use snack credits). I think they still stamp your card if your are on the DDP. We always pay OOP and they stamp the card.

You will go into the Pepper Market, where you will be seated at a table and a server will get your drinks and bring your silverware. You take your card up to the different stations and they stamp what you order. When you leave, you will pay for your meal. There is a 10% service charge at dinner to cover the server, but there have been conflicting reports as to whether people on the DDP are charged the 10%. You can charge it to your room if you don't want to carry cash.

Alternatively, you can choose to take your food to go and you won't be charged the 10%. If it is a nice evening (and it probably will be in October), there are lots of tables out by the lake. They will package your food and send you on your way.

We prefer to eat outside unless it is really hot or raining.

Here is a link to the Pepper Market menu (it says lunch and dinner at the top, but it is just dinner. Lunch is a buffet.):

http://allears.net/menu/menu_pm.htm

CSR has other quick service options for dinner as well - Cafe Rix (down the hall from Pepper Market), Laguna Bar (outside by the lake) and Siesta's by the pool. I think food at Siesta's stops at 6, though.

This is just what I was looking for. Thank you so much! :thumbsup2

DH and I are looking at booking our 10 day midApril 2014 trip at CSR. It has been a lot of years since our last stay there (have been sampling a lot of the other resorts since), so my memory of the resort is a bit foggy. IIRC the last time we were there we were in the Cabanas. But due to a pair of knees that need replacing, we're opting for a preferred room this time. I know they're in Casitas 1,2,and 3. I'll also probably request a ground floor room for medical reasons.

So here's my question. Should I go ahead and book it now (room only) to ensure availability of a preferred room? I know that I can always apply a room only discount later on if one comes along. But if I book now will I blow any chance of getting a PIN for next spring? I've been grinding my teeth because I've gotten 2 PINS in the last 2 months that I can't use, since we're not going this year. WWYD?

Congratulations! Have a great time! 2 nights at AKV is just right. We loved it there when we did a split, but were ready to move on after a couple of days. Just enough time for a meal at Jiko and Boma, two of our faves!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have stayed CSR nine times, and last year we stayed at AKV Kidani. We LOVE both resorts equally. The only reason that the AKV might get a slight edge was my love of giraffes and sitting on the balcony with them outside my window every morning and afternoon.

You will love both resorts.

Thank you both! Since honeymooning at AKL, my mom has drooled over our pictures and dreamed of staying there one day. It wa way too much $$$ for this trip (her first!!!), but I managed to eek enough out for 2 nights in a villa at Kidani to kick off our trip! I won't tell her until we pull up! She picked CSR over all the mods - she loves the pictures and the hot tub!

I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?

I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?

:faint: I'm afraid it means exactly what you think!

Apparently the dancers/cheerleaders will be performing in the Christmas parade taping that weekend, and it looks like they're staying at CSR....all 500+ of them!

Some people aren't bothered by them at all, but we've stayed at the All Star resorts while they were there and they drive me crazy! They were practicing their cheers in the middle of the lobby :rolleyes2 and a lot of noise from outside late into the night. But I think they probably meet/practice in the convention halls, so maybe it won't be a big impact on the resort.

momto2inKC said:

Uh, yup. So it it appears.

No, these are not Pop Warner cheerleaders, these are the cheerleaders that perform in the taping of the x-mas day parade which takes place that weekend. They are nothing like PW cheerleaders, much more behaved and well-mannered.

Hi all,

Thank you for keeping this thread going. It's great to have so much information at your fingertips.

Last week I booked our next trip. We are coming back to CSR the week of 12/10. :cool1: But, shhhh, the kids don't know. Hopefully I can keep the secret! :scratchin We told our Little Guy that when he reached 40" we would go back to Disney. But of course, he reached that magical height just as our newest member arrived. I am so proud of him. He has patiently waited to go back always saying that he just wants his baby brother to meet Mickey. :lovestruc

I'm so excited to be going back to CSR. We really enjoyed our stay in December 2010.

I noticed somewhere in this thread a different type of coffee maker in the rooms. Is this new in all of the rooms?

Thanks!
Jen. :flower3:

Hi all,

Thank you for keeping this thread going. It's great to have so much information at your fingertips.

Last week I booked our next trip. We are coming back to CSR the week of 12/10. :cool1: But, shhhh, the kids don't know. Hopefully I can keep the secret! :scratchin We told our Little Guy that when he reached 40" we would go back to Disney. But of course, he reached that magical height just as our newest member arrived. I am so proud of him. He has patiently waited to go back always saying that he just wants his baby brother to meet Mickey. :lovestruc

I'm so excited to be going back to CSR. We really enjoyed our stay in December 2010.

I noticed somewhere in this thread a different type of coffee maker in the rooms. Is this new in all of the rooms?

Thanks!
Jen. :flower3:

Yes, there should be new coffee makers in all the rooms.

Enjoy planning your surprise! :goodvibes

DH, DGS and I stayed at CRS in early May. DH is not a WDW fan but agreed to go because of DGS (2) coupled with a visit with our DD who currently lives in Orl. and works at another area theme park. DD and I always stay at POP since we do nothing but sleep & shower at the resort. But I knew DH wouldn't like it. Since we've stayed at all the other mods, I chose CSR for the trip.

We were given a room in the Cabanas section 8B, very close to the Dig Site. Since I had DD pick up a stroller for us down there (and she wasn't there yet) DGS had to walk to the room. It was a LOOONG walk for him, especially because the CM at checkin only showed us the building on the map, not the room location. We got on the elevator and found our room was allllllll the way on the other side, in -out-around corners-left or right-where is the room???? Oh, here it is at the absolute farthest point from the elevator!!! We never used the elevator again!! People on this thread have discussed elevator position in a Casitas building, well this is no better. Why there is no elevator, ice machine, vending machine on the far end of the building is a mystery to me!! On the plus side, the room was very convenient to the Dig Site which DGS loved (forget the parks, we could have just stayed there all week!) and Bus Stop #4 which we only used a few times as DD had a car & free parking. The walk to El Centro, once we got the stroller, was pleasant & not too far.

Ate breakfast at PM twice & for us, it was a waste of CS (Free QSDP). Neither DGS or I ate enough to justify using a CS. After the 2nd day, we just got stuff from Cafe Rix. The buffet was delicious but between DH, DGS & me, we probably only ate 1 full plate. PM dinner was very good. I especially recommend the half rotisserie chicken, sucked every last bit of meat off the bones, licked my fingers - fabulous!! Went back & complimented the chef at that station. DH & DD also thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. DH had the pasta & sausage dish twice.

CMs were all extremely friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to speak with several managers during our stay (no problems, they were just in the area) and they were top notch, asking how they could make our stay more pleasant (could you put an elevator on the other side of our building???). DGS loved playing with the castle setup in Panchitos (CM kept telling me we could ship one home ;))

Overall. the resort was very nice and we enjoyed our stay but I don't think we'd stay here again. It was too spread out (don't like CBR for the same reason) and I didn't care for the Southwest theming. I'm afraid my "Moderates" heart still belongs to POFQ.

Thanks for all the help here and, for those going to CSR, don't let me sway you. It really is a great resort, just not my taste.

Pooch

Worrying over this convention issue. Wondering if we should switch to another resort... My only other mod options are CBR for an extra $150 or POR Royal Room for an extra $200...

Worrying over this convention issue. Wondering if we should switch to another resort... My only other mod options are CBR for an extra $150 or POR Royal Room for an extra $200...

As stated earlier, these are NOT the Pop Warner cheerleaders that are staying at the CSR. I'm not sure which moderate is hosting the Pop Warner group this year, but I know it is not the Coronado. It is usually POR or CBR.

DH, DGS and I stayed at CRS in early May. DH is not a WDW fan but agreed to go because of DGS (2) coupled with a visit with our DD who currently lives in Orl. and works at another area theme park. DD and I always stay at POP since we do nothing but sleep & shower at the resort. Bit I knew DH wouldn't like it. Since we've stayed at all the other mods, I chose CSR for the trip.

We were given a room in the Cabanas section 8B, very close to the Dig Site. Since I had DD pick up a stroller for us down there (and she wasn't there yet) DGS had to walk to the room. It was a LOOONG walk for him, especially because the CM at checkin only showed us the building on the map, not the room location. We got on the elevator and found our room was allllllll the way on the other side, in -out-around corners-left or right-where is the room???? Oh, here it is at the absolute farthest point from the elevator!!! We never used the elevator again!! People on this thread have discussed elevator position in a Casitas building, well this is no better. Why there is no elevator, ice machine, vending machine on the far end of the building is a mystery to me!! On the plus side, the room was very convenient to the Dig Site which DGS loved (forget the parks, we could have just stayed there all week!) and Bus Stop #4 which we only used a few times as DD had a car & free parking. The walk to El Centro, once we got the stroller, was pleasant & not too far.

Ate breakfast at PM twice & for us, it was a waste of CS (Free QSDP). Neither DGS or I ate enough to justify using a CS. After the 2nd day, we just got stuff from Cafe Rix. The buffet was delicious but between DH, DGS & me, we probably only ate 1 full plate. PM dinner was very good. I especially recommend the half rotisserie chicken, sucked every last bit of meat off the bones, licked my fingers - fabulous!! Went back & complimented the chef at that station. DH & DD also thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. DH had the pasta & sausage dish twice.

CMs were all extremely friendly and helpful. I had the opportunity to speak with several managers during our stay (no problems, they were just in the area) and they were top notch, asking how they could make our stay more pleasant (could you put an elevator on the other side of our building???). DGS loved playing with the castle setup in Panchitos (CM kept telling me we could ship one home ;))

Overall. the resort was very nice and we enjoyed our stay but I don't think we'd stay here again. It was too spread out (don't like CBR for the same reason) and I didn't care for the Southwest theming. I'm afraid my "Moderates" heart still belongs to POFQ.

Thanks for all the help here and, for those going to CSR, don't let me sway you. It really is a great resort, just not my taste.

Pooch

Thanks for the review, Pooch. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that DGS enjoyed the pool. I'm glad you gave it a try.

Yes. Otherwise, having a convention at your resort is a good thing. They aren't riding the busses or swimming in the pools etc since they're busy "conventioning". I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy your stay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter