Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned last week from CSR. Cabanas is not the last bus stop to the parks. It is #3. It would be the last stop for DTD. The first page of this thread gives all the detail.

Wake up call. They missed one morning and one morning was just a mechanical voice--not Mickey or other Disney friends. Halfway through the trip the message for setting a call switched to spanish. Instead of pressing 2 for spanish we had to wait for the message and then push 2 for english.
what is a wake up call? Was it an enchanted call you had preordered?

Also are the shacks or food at siestas and laugana a snack credit or ts?

Just returned last week from CSR. Cabanas is not the last bus stop to the parks. It is #3. It would be the last stop for DTD. The first page of this thread gives all the detail.

Close enough for government work. Cabanas 9 = El Centro = last pickup

what is a wake up call? Was it an enchanted call you had preordered?

Also are the shacks or food at siestas and laugana a snack credit or ts?

You can set up a wake up call from your room phone - it is usually Mickey or Stitch that wakes you up. :goodvibes

Neither. :teeth: Siesta's and Laguna Bar are counter service (quick service) restaurants. They do have some items available as a snack credit, though. Maya Grill (dinner only) is the table service restaurant.

Cafe Rix is also quick service and has a larger selection of items for a snack credit.

Considering the CSR...

Which preferred Casita bldg. is closest to the first park bus stop?

We always rent a car...is there a parking lot near the Casitas?

Can anyone give me a link to a large, clear map of the CSR resort? Most maps I've found are small, and I cannot read the "fine print."

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

Considering the CSR...

Which preferred Casita bldg. is closest to the first park bus stop?

We always rent a car...is there a parking lot near the Casitas?

Can anyone give me a link to a large, clear map of the CSR resort? Most maps I've found are small, and I cannot read the "fine print."

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

There is parking all around the Casitas and the other sections. The first week of June we stayed in Casitas 4. It is very close to the bus stop and Casitas is the first stop for the theme park buses. We would take our car to all the parks except MK. To us, it is easier to take bus to MK if you don't care about the monorail or ferry. Casita 4 is not a preferred building, so you would want Casita 3 so you can be near the bus stop.

We just switched from POP to CSR! CSR looks like a beautiful resort! We've stayed at POR, BLT and Kidani in the past...this trip we'll spend our first four nights at Beach Club, then our last four nights will be at CSR. The kids picked CSR over AKL (which I'm still not sure if I'm on board with, but oh well).

My only concerns are:
1. Conventions....will it be crazy busy? We arrive July 23.
2. Pepper Market....will the kids enjoy the food and does it count as a CS? We are on the QSDP and plan on sharing a lot of meals. Three adult meals and one child meal will be way too much food for the kids and me, so I was planning on sharing two adult meals and maybe adding a kid's meal to some of our breakfast/lunch/dinners since the portions at WDW are large and I want to stretch our meals. Is sharing permitted at Pepper Market? We don't have park hoppers or a car so we'll be having several meals at the resort.

Thanks for the great thread! :)

We just switched from POP to CSR! CSR looks like a beautiful resort! We've stayed at POR, BLT and Kidani in the past...this trip we'll spend our first four nights at Beach Club, then our last four nights will be at CSR. The kids picked CSR over AKL (which I'm still not sure if I'm on board with, but oh well).

My only concerns are:
1. Conventions....will it be crazy busy? We arrive July 23.
2. Pepper Market....will the kids enjoy the food and does it count as a CS? We are on the QSDP and plan on sharing a lot of meals. Three adult meals and one child meal will be way too much food for the kids and me, so I was planning on sharing two adult meals and maybe adding a kid's meal to some of our breakfast/lunch/dinners since the portions at WDW are large and I want to stretch our meals. Is sharing permitted at Pepper Market? We don't have park hoppers or a car so we'll be having several meals at the resort.

Thanks for the great thread! :)

Our kids love CSR and PM has always had good food, in our opinion. I think breakfast and lunch are now buffets (for a CS credit) so you can't "share" a buffet - every person eating would have to use up a credit. Dinner is still an ordered meal, so for that you would be able to share meals. You take a card to the different "stations" and they stamp the card for what you order.

Cafe Rix is a grab-n-go type place and there you would be able to get whatever menu items you want and split them however you want.

I'm not sure if there are any conventions for that time, but even if there are, you may not even realize there are any going on. You might find PM to be busier at their break times, but when we've been there when conventions were going on, it's never been a problem. We might see someone in business-casual attire walking around, but generally, they are just looking longingly at the pool and the park buses as they trudge to their meetings. :rotfl2:

Forgot to mention that CS does NOT have refrigerators. What they have are "coolers". I went with a case of water and am used to freezing one or two to help keep the other bottles cold inside my little bag. The water barely got cold. Lasted maybe a few hours in the insulated bag. When I called the front desk to ask if the fridge could be made cooler the front desk reiterated they are coolers not frides.

Forgot to mention that CS does NOT have refrigerators. What they have are "coolers". I went with a case of water and am used to freezing one or two to help keep the other bottles cold inside my little bag. The water barely got cold. Lasted maybe a few hours in the insulated bag. When I called the front desk to ask if the fridge could be made cooler the front desk reiterated they are coolers not frides.

CSR has the same refrigerators as the other resorts, except for the villas that have full kitchens. We always freeze water in the fridges at CSR, sometimes by accident. :rotfl2:

The fridge gets colder if you leave the cabinet door open, but we have never had any trouble with the fridges at CSR.

They are not coolers like the coolers on DCL.

CSR has the same refrigerators as the other resorts, except for the villas that have full kitchens. We always freeze water in the fridges at CSR, sometimes by accident. :rotfl2:

The fridge gets colder if you leave the cabinet door open, but we have never had any trouble with the fridges at CSR.

They are not coolers like the coolers on DCL.

Maybe I was doing something wrong? The desk told me to leave it between 4 and 5 for optimum cooling. Oh well--too late to worry about it now.

Maybe I was doing something wrong? The desk told me to leave it between 4 and 5 for optimum cooling. Oh well--too late to worry about it now.

Someone else recently had trouble with a fridge at CSR. I wonder if you happened to get the same room? It sounds like a maintenance issue, because we have always been able to freeze water bottles if we turn it as cold as it will go, even though there is no freezer section. I do know that it helps to leave the cabinet door open since the cabinet retains heat.

We like to fill our mugs will drink, no ice and put them in the freg and leave them a few hours and they are just like a slushy drink! Soooo....they can get very cold!

Looking at the map of the Coronado, it seems immense!

You walk all day in the park ~ don't want to walk all that much when I get "back home." (DH and I are active seniors)

Comments?

You walk all day in the park ~ don't want to walk all that much when I get "back home." (DH and I are active seniors)

Comments?

I don't think the walk is too bad from most spots. The Cabanas and Casitas 1-4 are just a nice walk to the main building IMO.

The back ranchos and Castias 5 are a decent walk to the main building.

I'd just book a preferred room, and you won't have to worry.

Comments?

Why don't you take a look at Port Orleans French Quarter. It is a very compact resort. My parents enjoyed staying there since everything was close by (pool, bus, dining).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter