Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much more are the preferred rooms in Casitas 1,2, &3? I never see a price listed for these anywhere? Will you definitely be guaranteed a room in one of those buildings? I just want to be in the Casitas, don't really care what building though. But if I pay preferred than I would definitely be in one of them, right?

Hello!

Is free wifi offered in the CSR rooms? I thought I saw someone mention that, but I'm not sure.

When DBF and I stayed at the All Star Sports resort last yearwe had to use the ethernet cable for internet connection.

Added Cabanas 9B request. :thumbsup2

Also confirmed with CM that we are all checked in.

Counting the days (and considering picking the kids up early from school to go early)!!

I'm so sorry I was in 9A not 9B. Room #9127

I forgot to mention that 9A isn't very close to any bus stops. It was perfect for us because we drove. Oh and we were in 9A not B. So sorry if I am causing you and extra phone call.

9B is the closest buildng to El Centro and that bus stop. 9A is kind of half way between stops 4 and 1.

Hello!

Is free wifi offered in the CSR rooms? I thought I saw someone mention that, but I'm not sure.

When DBF and I stayed at the All Star Sports resort last yearwe had to use the ethernet cable for internet connection.

Yes, free wifi in all the rooms and common areas. Though I could not pick it up on my phone at the Cabana quiet pool

and after 6 months of saying i would go with ranchos i requested....CABANAS!!!

It was a last minute gut decision!!!

We will see what happens!

How much more are the preferred rooms in Casitas 1,2, &3? I never see a price listed for these anywhere? Will you definitely be guaranteed a room in one of those buildings? I just want to be in the Casitas, don't really care what building though. But if I pay preferred than I would definitely be in one of them, right?

They are $25-30 more per night, depending on the season. Here is a link to the rack rates for each room type in 2012:

http://www.mousesavers.com/coronadosprings2012.html

If you book a preferred room, you will be in casitas 1, 2 or 3. Although I haven't heard of this happening at CSR, some DISers have reported paying for a preferred room at a resort and getting a standard room. They were refunded the difference in cost. I don't remember ever reading it happening at CSR, but it has happened (rarely) at some Disney resorts.

Casitas 4 and 5 are not preferred, so you could still get casitas without paying for a preferred room. But it is just a request, and you might be put in ranchos or cabanas.

I'm so sorry I was in 9A not 9B. Room #9127

I forgot to mention that 9A isn't very close to any bus stops. It was perfect for us because we drove. Oh and we were in 9A not B. So sorry if I am causing you and extra phone call.

9B is the closest buildng to El Centro and that bus stop. 9A is kind of half way between stops 4 and 1.

No worries, 9B is what we need. :goodvibes

I'm having difficulty walking so it's best to be in between the two places we'll be going most - the Dig Site & the Pepper Market!

No parks this trip - just relaxing by the pool and/or in a hammock by the lake. :thumbsup2

No worries, 9B is what we need. :goodvibes

I'm having difficulty walking so it's best to be in between the two places we'll be going most - the Dig Site & the Pepper Market!

No parks this trip - just relaxing by the pool and/or in a hammock by the lake. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a nice relaxing vacation!

I was a little hesitant when our Dreams rep came up with CSR as the best priced resort for a stay in July (only $7 more than ASMo). But after reading all the info about it and looking at the awesome pictures I am wondering why I haven't stayed here before. This is our first trip to Disney without kids in over 10 yrs and while we understand Disney is a kids paradise where are the best rooms to be a little more away from the rucus. We are trying to get in as many grownup Disney things as possible. Thanks in advance

I was a little hesitant when our Dreams rep came up with CSR as the best priced resort for a stay in July (only $7 more than ASMo). But after reading all the info about it and looking at the awesome pictures I am wondering why I haven't stayed here before. This is our first trip to Disney without kids in over 10 yrs and while we understand Disney is a kids paradise where are the best rooms to be a little more away from the rucus. We are trying to get in as many grownup Disney things as possible. Thanks in advance

CSR is generally a quiet resort. Because there are several separate buildings, you don't get a lot of traffic past your room. The ranchos are the most remote and least requested, so they tend to be the quietest. I think the casitas are the prettiest, but they can be popular with convention folks as well as those who pay for a preferred room. The cabanas are our favorite section and are very popular with families.

DH and I have been doing "adults" only trips for the last ten years and we love them. We've stayed at CSR nine of those ten stays and we love every spot we've been in. Our favorites would be Casitas 4 and 5 (close to the quiet pool and spa --I always get a massage) and Cabanas 8A. I also love the look of the Ranchos but we have yet to be put in that section (the next time we go back to CSR we are asking for the Ranchos).

Massage....I must have skimmed over that. I'll definetely have to book one of those before we leave. Thanks for all the info.

Our last trip to Disney was without extended family,just the two of us and we chose CSR and it was perfect. We paid for regular room and requested casitas at check-in, and were put in Casitas 3 with a water view. The room was quiet and lovely, and the grounds are lush and gorgeous, and we just loved the resort. Not overrun with kids as other Disney resorts we have stayed at, which on this trip was a definite plus!!

We were in the Cabanas 9A near the parking lot. We did have some traffic past our room in the early morning and late at night.

Garden view would probably be quieter. We had water view (lake view) in Casitas 5 and we heard many people walking around the promanade.

My son has sensory issues and can't stand noise. Not once did he have to wear ear phones to block noise at the resort. Can't say that when we stayed at POP or POFQ, he needed it for the food court and walking around.

How much are massages?

89 days!:cool1:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_resort.asp Here is their menu and prices.

DH, DS and I are going in Dec!! We're doing a split stay (CSR being the first half, then BLT the second half... BOTH amazing resorts... sooo amazing we couldn't decide lol) anyway it's getting to the 180 mark soon and I wanted to start narrowing in on what bldg we should request any suggestions? (DS will be 4 by the time we go... so we HAVE to hit the dig site AND I'm a lover of hammocks so I have a feeling I'll be in one AT LEAST once while we're there...) we already requested a preferred room if that helps... Thanks in advance!!!

DH, DS and I are going in Dec!! We're doing a split stay (CSR being the first half, then BLT the second half... BOTH amazing resorts... sooo amazing we couldn't decide lol) anyway it's getting to the 180 mark soon and I wanted to start narrowing in on what bldg we should request any suggestions? (DS will be 4 by the time we go... so we HAVE to hit the dig site AND I'm a lover of hammocks so I have a feeling I'll be in one AT LEAST once while we're there...) we already requested a preferred room if that helps... Thanks in advance!!!

The preferred rooms are the furthest away from the Dig Site. The hammocks can be found at in front of Casitas 4 and 5 and Cabanas 8B, 9A, and 9B.

The preferred rooms put you in Casitas 1, 2, or 3 and closest to El Centro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter