• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single digits dance!:banana: Hoping for Cabanas....

Seven days for me.:cool1: It looks like I'm checking in the day after you (May 5th for me). Here's hoping we both get our beloved Cabanas.:wizard::hug: If I get stuck out in the Ranchos, you may hear from squealing around 7:30pm that night when I arrive. lol No, not really! I'll be at WDW, so any location will be better than work, which is where I am right now. lol About 1 1/2 weeks ago a friend decided to join me, but will be arriving earlier than me, so will be checking us in early that morning. Hoping by checking in early, she can get us in the Cabanas. That's her favorite location too.

I've done online check-in ever since it started. Stayed at CSR three different times last year. Put in a request for a particular section when I originally made the reservation.

In March, I requested the Cabanas and first floor when I made the resie. Did online check in. Got Cabanas 8A 1st floor facing the Ranchos.

In August, I requested either the Cabanas or Casitas and 1st floor or near an elevator when I made the resie. Did online check in and got upgraded from standard to water view Casitas 5.

In October, I requested Ranchos 7B and 1st floor. I thought it would be pretty awesome to have stayed in each village in a year's time. I did online check in and got Ranchos 7A, 1st floor.

I feel like i would prefer Ranchos 7B but because it's our first time i really can't say so more than likely i will accept what is given to me and give it a try. I paid preferred for CBR in 2010 but found we really only hit the pool twice (it's not like it used to be when my babies were little and cried to go swimming :D) and we just found we preferred to eat our meals in the parks and DTD and didn't use the food court all that much either. We also eat breakfast and make coffee in our room and bring drinks from home. I am really hoping that we LOVE CSR so it can be our new "home" since those days of 40% off or buy 4 get 3 free seem to be gone and we never get pin codes.:furious:We do love the Swan and can upgrade for around $450 but am holding out so that we can give CSR a try. That will only leave POFQ left to try in moderate category and I'm in no hurry since I live in NOLA. SO far, we like POR the least but those Royal rooms are calling our name.:listen:

I leave the UK on 4th May but arrive at CSR on 11th May - I too would love to be in the cabanas area but to be honest any will be fine with me, maybe not the top floor of Casitas 2 though? is that the one which is a nightmare to go to?

I feel like i would prefer Ranchos 7B but because it's our first time i really can't say so more than likely i will accept what is given to me and give it a try. I paid preferred for CBR in 2010 but found we really only hit the pool twice (it's not like it used to be when my babies were little and cried to go swimming :D) and we just found we preferred to eat our meals in the parks and DTD and didn't use the food court all that much either. We also eat breakfast and make coffee in our room and bring drinks from home. I am really hoping that we LOVE CSR so it can be our new "home" since those days of 40% off or buy 4 get 3 free seem to be gone and we never get pin codes.:furious:We do love the Swan and can upgrade for around $450 but am holding out so that we can give CSR a try. That will only leave POFQ left to try in moderate category and I'm in no hurry since I live in NOLA. SO far, we like POR the least but those Royal rooms are calling our name.:listen:

I see you are a huge POLY fan. CSR was our "step-down" resort from deluxe years and years ago, shortly after CSR opened. The things I missed the most about the deluxe room was the patio and the couch. Once I got over that it was all good! Other things you'll notice is that you won't have a bellman to take your bags and show you to your room. You'll be given a map and sent on your way to find the room on your own.

We tried POFQ last year too. It was great for my little one, but my high schooler didn't care for it. I think it's the perfect resort for families with young children. He preferred CSR, and we even had to stop by one night for a gelato from Cafe Rix, lol. We also stopped by the Poly for a Dole Whip another night.

I think you should give the theme pool a try at CSR. Try the nachos, have a drink and relax, or give the water slide a go. It's my 2nd favorite Disney resort pool, with SAB being #1.

I saw AAA is offering the Swan and Dolphin starting at $159 room only for May and June for Gulf coast states.

I leave the UK on 4th May but arrive at CSR on 11th May - I too would love to be in the cabanas area but to be honest any will be fine with me, maybe not the top floor of Casitas 2 though? is that the one which is a nightmare to go to?

Yes, fourth floor of casitas 2, which is a preferred building. I don't think it is a big deal if you are OK with stairs, but if you have a stroller or need an elevator for other reasons, it is kind of a pain to get to.

I see you are a huge POLY fan. CSR was our "step-down" resort from deluxe years and years ago, shortly after CSR opened. The things I missed the most about the deluxe room was the patio and the couch. Once I got over that it was all good! Other things you'll notice is that you won't have a bellman to take your bags and show you to your room. You'll be given a map and sent on your way to find the room on your own.

We tried POFQ last year too. It was great for my little one, but my high schooler didn't care for it. I think it's the perfect resort for families with young children. He preferred CSR, and we even had to stop by one night for a gelato from Cafe Rix, lol. We also stopped by the Poly for a Dole Whip another night.

I think you should give the theme pool a try at CSR. Try the nachos, have a drink and relax, or give the water slide a go. It's my 2nd favorite Disney resort pool, with SAB being #1.

I saw AAA is offering the Swan and Dolphin starting at $159 room only for May and June for Gulf coast states.

Sadly, our last Poly stay was 2009 with the buy4 get 3 free, since then we did CBR in 2010, a last minute trip with my brother Feb 2012 ASMU (my 1st value) and now CSR....I really am pumped and excited and really expecting to like it a lot after all the info I've read on this thread. thanks for the tip, we plan on hitting the theme pool for a drink and dip at least once! Was that special at Swan on their website?

thanks

Sadly, our last Poly stay was 2009 with the buy4 get 3 free, since then we did CBR in 2010, a last minute trip with my brother Feb 2012 ASMU (my 1st value) and now CSR....I really am pumped and excited and really expecting to like it a lot after all the info I've read on this thread. thanks for the tip, we plan on hitting the theme pool for a drink and dip at least once! Was that special at Swan on their website?

thanks

The special was in the Going Places magazine sent by AAA that arrived in my mail yesterday.

Did online check in today for my trip!

Check either Casitas or Cabanas for my area. When I clicked 'submit' it had in nice red lettering at the top that the room requests were not saved and to call Disney to have them put on. Ugh.

Oh well. Ten days until Disney!!

Did online check in today for my trip!

Check either Casitas or Cabanas for my area. When I clicked 'submit' it had in nice red lettering at the top that the room requests were not saved and to call Disney to have them put on. Ugh.

Oh well. Ten days until Disney!!

We're at CSR at the same time. Do you think it's because of 2 different sections? I remember reading before about people who had reserved a standard room having trouble clicking the Casitas.

Sure wish I knew where the side walk construction was currently.

We're at CSR at the same time. Do you think it's because of 2 different sections? I remember reading before about people who had reserved a standard room having trouble clicking the Casitas.

Sure wish I knew where the side walk construction was currently.

Hmmm...that could be it. :confused3 I just don't want to be in the Ranchos again. I want to try one of the other areas.

Is the sidewalk construction major, or are they just doing small sections at a time?

We're here now and are enjoying our stay - first time at CSR. Checked in Friday night and got Cabanas and upper floor as requested. No upgrade as happened to the previous poster but alas, we have a teenage boy in our party and he'd probably clean the club level out of food.

Tried bus service this morning and gave up after 20 min when the fifth bus arrived that we didn't need. We do have a car and the resort is really close to the parks (except Magic Kingdom) so driving time is short.

The room is spacious, very clean, and the resort is just beautiful. We're very happy with our choice.

We're here now and are enjoying our stay - first time at CSR. Checked in Friday night and got Cabanas and upper floor as requested. No upgrade as happened to the previous poster but alas, we have a teenage boy in our party and he'd probably clean the club level out of food.

Tried bus service this morning and gave up after 20 min when the fifth bus arrived that we didn't need. We do have a car and the resort is really close to the parks (except Magic Kingdom) so driving time is short.

The room is spacious, very clean, and the resort is just beautiful. We're very happy with our choice.

Thanks for the update!! Did you do online checkin? Have fun!!

Trying to decide on a room request. Thinking Casitas 4, standard room. We have young children….

Casitas 4 is my favorite location! However if you have young kids that want to spend time at the main pool you might want to consider Cabanas 8A.

Tried bus service this morning and gave up after 20 min when the fifth bus arrived that we didn't need. .

:eek:

what does this mean?

can you take a different bus--like if i wanted to go to Magic kingdom but the epcot bus keeps passing-- can i hope on the Epcot bus and transfer to magic kingdom>

5 buses???? how crowded was your bus stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter