Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I finally made my reservation request yesterday. We have a standard view room booked, and although I know this may put us in the farthest point in the back of the resort, I requested "top floor near transportation". I will have a vehicle, but looking at the order for the bus stops, I'm thinking being in Ranchos may not be so bad. We are on the DxDP, so although we have the refillable mugs, I only see myself using them at the end of my morning run for coffee. Otherwise, we have plenty of ADRs to keep us away from El Centro.

CSR here we come.... I decided to book with free dining today instead of doing the YES tix. The price difference wasn't enough to pay for the food, so I took the leap today. :banana::banana: I also wasn't patient enough to wait and see if a room only discount were to come out for our dates. I am soooo excited. I have already picked out my ADR locations. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :woohoo:

We're back from our trip! In general we really enjoyed CS. Here are a few observations/experiences:

We were booked in the Ranchos section (7A). At first, no biggie, since we got the adjoining rooms we asked for and we were really close to bus stop #3. But, after a day or two of walking WDW we were beat down and that walk to El Centro was a MONSTER! We've been far out at Caribbean and Riverside, but this walk puts those to shame. You can take a bus to El Centro, as it's always the last stop out if the resort, but during certain times we waited 15-20 minutes for ANY bus (especially a night), so that was pointless. Also, you can take a bus TO El Centro, but you can't take one back to your stop. - We did see a specific resort-only bus... Once. Only once. Busses to the parks were typical of what you'd expect at a moderate resort. Sometimes you wait, sometimes you don't.

WiFi was available, but it didn't work so great on my iPhone. It was good on my iPad though, but on my phone, it was unreliable. Also, none of us could get a cell signal in the rooms to save our lives. We had to step outside. I had that same problem at Caribbean Beach too.

Our rooms were nice and clean, and the shower is awesome. The only bad thing was that the ice machine on our floor was broken all week. No sign or anything. It just didn't work. Then the candy machine on the 2nd floor ate my MIL's money and they told her she'd have to go to the front desk to take care of it. She decided it wasn't worth the walk! LOL!

As for the Pepper Market, we all really liked it. The food was good for breakfast (though we never had lunch there). We had dinner there a few times, and it was tasty. The fajitas were delicious! I will note that it's an awesome deal with the dining plan, because it's always just a counter service credit. If we didn't have the dining plan, it would've been terrible because it's otherwise costly, and Cafe Rix has a very limited selection. I wouldn't recommend staying at CS without the dining plan because you'll either go broke or go hungry. Semi-major complaint here: They have no problem adding the 18% gratuity to the breakfast buffet (via room charge), but apparently absolutely cannot add a tip via your room charge during dinner. So, if you don't have CASH on hand, your poor server is getting stiffed. (We had to trek to our room and back to tip the poor guy! It was awkward!) That's all kinds of messed up.
Cafe Rix is good for a snack (mostly pastries and cold items) or a very limited hot meal (breakfast sandwiches, basic burger, etc). You can refill your mug there, but that's limited too. No juice or iced tea. Just fountain drinks, coffee and hot chocolate.

The Aztec pool is nice. So is the hot tub! We also spent some time at the nearby quiet pool. We didn't make it to the dig site though.

So, in general: CS is great if you have a dining plan and aren't in Ranchos. It's still great in Ranchos, just more exhausting! LOL! But really, the entire food experience has everything to do with your dining plans. Consider that closely!

I'm sort of reading backward here on the posts tonight.
FYI about "water view." Your water view can also end up being the pool. - That was our "water view" at Riverside a few years ago. Yes, we PAID for that! :sad2: That kind of water view isn't so serene. It's actually usually kind of loud. I felt sorry for the poor people with the "water view" of the "quiet " pool in Ranchos last week, because kids were screaming and generally insane... And that was darn near 11 pm. :mad:

We're back from our trip! In general we really enjoyed CS. Here are a few observations/experiences:

We were booked in the Ranchos section (7A). At first, no biggie, since we got the adjoining rooms we asked for and we were really close to bus stop #3. But, after a day or two of walking WDW we were beat down and that walk to El Centro was a MONSTER! We've been far out at Caribbean and Riverside, but this walk puts those to shame. You can take a bus to El Centro, as it's always the last stop out if the resort, but during certain times we waited 15-20 minutes for ANY bus (especially a night), so that was pointless. Also, you can take a bus TO El Centro, but you can't take one back to your stop.

To get back to your room, take a DTD bus. The park buses order is bus stop 2 (Casitas), bus stop 3 (Ranchos), bus stop 4 (Cabanas), then bus stop 1 (Main building), but for the DTD buses the stops are bus stop 1, then bus stop 2, then bus stop 3, then finally bus stop 4.

We stayed at CSR in March 2010 and really enjoyed it. We only chose it because it is the only moderate with a fitness center (hubby has to have a gym!)....We are heading back in June, but this time it is just me and the kids and we are giving Pop a try. I love the Pepper Market at CSR but because we always drive to the parks ourselves I have no opinion on the buses.

For heavens sake, why would anyone go through the hassle of driving to the parks. Are people that impatient that they have to be on the move. I tried both and the bus's are faster and less walking. For another, when you park and it is so bizzy the tram is always full when it drives by. Maybe $4 gas or more will change your mind? To each their own? Well one thing for sure.

You are at WDW!

For heavens sake, why would anyone go through the hassle of driving to the parks. Are people that impatient that they have to be on the move. I tried both and the bus's are faster and less walking. For another, when you park and it is so bizzy the tram is always full when it drives by. Maybe $4 gas or more will change your mind? To each their own? Well one thing for sure.

You are at WDW!

People who drive to the parks are doing the bus riders a favor. There are more seats on the bus for us when they use their own cars. Drive, people! Drive! :thumbsup2. :lmao:

This is a VERY important question, because it's about food!!! :rotfl:

We are staying for the first time in Sept and will be on the ddp. We plan on spending alot of time at the resort and think we will be eating lunch there at least 4-5 days. We don't want to do the buffet every time. Can we use our ddp at the pool bar's that serve food? I know one of them offers nachos and hamburger platter.

Also, we booked preferred rooms. Is there a bar/restaurant at the Casitas quiet pool? My husbands the type that would like to just eat while he's sitting at the pool. Thanks

This is a VERY important question, because it's about food!!! :rotfl:

We are staying for the first time in Sept and will be on the ddp. We plan on spending alot of time at the resort and think we will be eating lunch there at least 4-5 days. We don't want to do the buffet every time. Can we use our ddp at the pool bar's that serve food? I know one of them offers nachos and hamburger platter.

Also, we booked preferred rooms. Is there a bar/restaurant at the Casitas quiet pool? My husbands the type that would like to just eat while he's sitting at the pool. Thanks

Yes, you can use your dining plan at the Dig Site pool at Siestas. It's a limited menu, but I think they have burgers, etc.

There are no food options at the quiet pools, but you can ask for your meal at the Dig Site "to go" and carry it over.

One more question. I see that the quiet pools, close at 9pm. Is that strict? Can we swim if we are quiet past 9pm? Thanks

One more question. I see that the quiet pools, close at 9pm. Is that strict? Can we swim if we are quiet past 9pm? Thanks

I've seen people swim at all hours at the quiet pools. Just be courteous with your noise level at late hours since there are rooms that are close to the pools. :)

We never did use the Cabanas quiet pool. There was no shade during the day, and I like a shady spot. We spent all of our pool time at the Dig Site. Nice atmosphere there.

Do you know if the PM is still doing the buffet at bfast and lunch? I am wondering this because I have a DD who is on a gluten free diet and I called CSR direct to see if they will be able to accommodate her diet seeing that the buffet is now served. When we were there back in 2010 they were great about making her special food right on the spot (pancakes, waffles, pizza, etc.) The CM told me today the PM is back to regular QS that the buffet was only for a trial period. Is that is fact correct? Can anyone who is there at CSR confirm if this is true. Is is a buffet or regular QS entrees?

Just checked out two days ago, and Pepper Market was still a buffet for both breakfast and lunch, and if on dining plan it was one counter service credit. For dinner it was menu/table service.

Thanks for answering my questions. Much appreciated. Can anyone comment about the preferred buildings. We paid and extra $224 for each room(2) to have preferred. My mom is 77 and I think the walking would be too much for her if we got put in ranchos and the resort looks really big. We plan on spending alot of time at the resort and eating at the restaurants thats why I thought preferred would be best. We are also renting a car so will have one.

Thanks for answering my questions. Much appreciated. Can anyone comment about the preferred buildings. We paid and extra $224 for each room(2) to have preferred. My mom is 77 and I think the walking would be too much for her if we got put in ranchos and the resort looks really big. We plan on spending alot of time at the resort and eating at the restaurants thats why I thought preferred would be best. We are also renting a car so will have one.

If it is most important for you to be near the main building and/or the first bus stop, preferred rooms are probably worth it. We prefer being near the Dig Site instead of near the main building, so preferred rooms aren't worth it for us. I would pay a preferred room charge to guarantee the cabanas, but that's not an option (yet). :goodvibes

Since there are only three preferred buildings, you know your rooms won't be across the resort from each other. But the room assigners also have fewer rooms to work with if you are asking for connecting rooms.

If it is most important for you to be near the main building and/or the first bus stop, preferred rooms are probably worth it. We prefer being near the Dig Site instead of near the main building, so preferred rooms aren't worth it for us. I would pay a preferred room charge to guarantee the cabanas, but that's not an option (yet). :goodvibes

Since there are only three preferred buildings, you know your rooms won't be across the resort from each other. But the room assigners also have fewer rooms to work with if you are asking for connecting rooms.

So what does the 'first bus stop' mean? We will be in a preferred room when we go this summer. Will that mean the bus stops there first and then goes to 3 other stops before leaving for the park? Is it the first bus stop back to the resort? Thanks!

Hi all! DH and I are taking the kids for their first trip to WDW in May and we're so excited! He and I haven't been since we were both 5 during the pre-Epcot days so really it's like it's the first time for all of us. ;) We wound up originally booking Pop but I mentioned in passing to DH something about not looking forward to sleeping with two little kids in double beds. We upgraded to CSR that evening. :rotfl: He swears I told him the rooms at Pop had queen beds.

I'm looking at what area to stay in and have narrowed it down to Cabanas simply because it seems a little more centrally located for us. I was curious about 2 things, though. In 8A can you hear a lot of noise from the dig site? We're going to be coming back to the room in the afternoons and the quieter it is the better. Also, can someone tell me about the designated smoking areas. DH is sensitive to smoke and we don't want to have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to our room, KWIM?

I'm strongly conisdering 8B because it's closer to the laundry room but I'm wary of the smoking area. Any thoughts?

So what does the 'first bus stop' mean? We will be in a preferred room when we go this summer. Will that mean the bus stops there first and then goes to 3 other stops before leaving for the park? Is it the first bus stop back to the resort? Thanks!

The casitas bus stop is actually labeled Stop #2, but it is the first stop picked up and dropped off when going to/from the parks.

Park buses go in this order: casitas, ranchos, cabanas, El Centro.

Downtown Disney buses in this order: El Centro, casitas, ranchos, cabanas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter