Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casiita 4 is not a bad walk at all to El Centro. We were upgraded to a water view preferred room at Check-in but we did not ask for it. We had not done on-line check in but had requested El Centro on our reservation. The check-in lady simply choose to work some magic for us.

El Centro is where you fill your mugs (standard choices), where the restaurants, check-in, gift shop etc is. There is also a bus stop there. We were there last month so feel free to ask anything you like. WE really like this resort.

:dance3: Two weeks until our first stay at Coronado Springs!!!! :banana: :woohoo:

*My ticker is saying 2 weeks 1 day, but its really 2 weeks. So strange!

CSR Experts: We have a preferred room booked for our March trip so we know we'll be in Casitas. My question is that I read somewhere that one of the buildings doesn't have an elevator. This would be a disaster for us because we have a double stroller to haul up and down. Should we request a certain building in order to make sure we have an elevator to use?

TIA

I do not know if that is true or not but you could request a ground floor room. We were in casitas - building three ground floor last month and we LOVED it there.

Just got back from 7 nights at CSR. We stayed in Ranchos 7B with a room overlooking the quiet pool and just right around the corner from a bus stop. It was a very short walk to the Dig Site, too. The walk to El Centro to get our mugs refilled was a little bit of a hike, especially on two very cold mornings. But we'd definitely stay there again.

We loved the fridge in the room. We stopped outside of Orlando and got milk and orange juice so we'd have breakfast drinks for the kids. I also kept some grapes and baby carrots stashed in there for snacks.

We also really enjoyed the queen size beds. Having previously stayed at All-Star Movies, we liked the size of the CSR rooms much better. Not cramped or crowded at all.

The kids made good use of the Dig Site pool and jaguar slide. The temps warmed up after Tuesday, so they got in some fun pool time. We never made it back in time for the campfires, but they looked like a lot of fun.

And we can't say enough good things about the bus service. We never waited at the resort for longer than 5 minutes. Coming back from a park around closing time could be a bit crowded, but that's when everyone is trying to get back to the resort so a wait is to be expected. Definitely a nice change from ASM.

CSR Experts: We have a preferred room booked for our March trip so we know we'll be in Casitas. My question is that I read somewhere that one of the buildings doesn't have an elevator. This would be a disaster for us because we have a double stroller to haul up and down. Should we request a certain building in order to make sure we have an elevator to use?

TIA

Casita 2 does not have its own elevator - there is one between casita 1 and casita 2, and there is one in casita 3.. You especially do not want to be on the fourth floor of casita 2 - it is a pain to get to. You can use the casita 3 elevator for casita 2 fourth floor rooms, but I'd just request casita 1 or 3 and hope for the best.

Just got back from 7 nights at CSR. We stayed in Ranchos 7B with a room overlooking the quiet pool and just right around the corner from a bus stop. It was a very short walk to the Dig Site, too. The walk to El Centro to get our mugs refilled was a little bit of a hike, especially on two very cold mornings. But we'd definitely stay there again.

We loved the fridge in the room. We stopped outside of Orlando and got milk and orange juice so we'd have breakfast drinks for the kids. I also kept some grapes and baby carrots stashed in there for snacks.

We also really enjoyed the queen size beds. Having previously stayed at All-Star Movies, we liked the size of the CSR rooms much better. Not cramped or crowded at all.

The kids made good use of the Dig Site pool and jaguar slide. The temps warmed up after Tuesday, so they got in some fun pool time. We never made it back in time for the campfires, but they looked like a lot of fun.

And we can't say enough good things about the bus service. We never waited at the resort for longer than 5 minutes. Coming back from a park around closing time could be a bit crowded, but that's when everyone is trying to get back to the resort so a wait is to be expected. Definitely a nice change from ASM.

Thanks for the review! :goodvibes Glad you had a great trip! :banana:

How big are the mini-fridges? We're going to be picking up some groceries on the way in and want to make sure not to get too much stuff or anything too big. Will a half gallon of milk and a half gallon of orange juice fit? I also want to get 12 yogurts to put in there along with some cheese sticks, baby carrots, and some other breakfast-type items.

What are some good breakfast-type items to get? We will not be paying the price Pepper Market wants for the breakfast buffet... especially when I'm not a breakfast person anyway. My two boys are big breakfast eaters and I'm making my grocery list now. Ideas?

Casiita 4 is not a bad walk at all to El Centro. We were upgraded to a water view preferred room at Check-in but we did not ask for it. We had not done on-line check in but had requested El Centro on our reservation. The check-in lady simply choose to work some magic for us.

El Centro is where you fill your mugs (standard choices), where the restaurants, check-in, gift shop etc is. There is also a bus stop there. We were there last month so feel free to ask anything you like. WE really like this resort.

MSSANDRA, congrats on your upgrade! We are thinking of upgrading from POP to CSR but have some reservations because of the pepper market. We have free QSDP and were wondering how that works there? Is there a charge everytime you eat? If so, how does that work? Are lunch and breakfast buffet and will it still be this summer?

How do I make a medically necessary room request for our stay just over two weeks out?

I think you can just call Central Reservations and make your request. Just specify that it is medically necessary.

How big are the mini-fridges? We're going to be picking up some groceries on the way in and want to make sure not to get too much stuff or anything too big. Will a half gallon of milk and a half gallon of orange juice fit? I also want to get 12 yogurts to put in there along with some cheese sticks, baby carrots, and some other breakfast-type items.

What are some good breakfast-type items to get? We will not be paying the price Pepper Market wants for the breakfast buffet... especially when I'm not a breakfast person anyway. My two boys are big breakfast eaters and I'm making my grocery list now. Ideas?

They are dorm-sized with no freezer. There is a picture on the first page of this thread. You can fit a half gallon of milk and of juice along with the other things you mentioned.

We are not big breakfast eaters, but we usually pack granola/protein bars and cheese and buy fruit. Cafe Rix has breakfast sandwiches that might be good for your boys. Some people bring oatmeal and use the coffee pot to heat the water. We also sometimes bring peanut butter and jelly supplies - you could make them sandwiches for breakfast.

How long does it take you to walk to Pepper Market? I'm thinking of requesting Casitas 4 for our trip in September, but we'll be eating at Pepper Market a few times during our trip and don't want to be too far away. Also, how long to walk to the Dig Site? And do you know how deep the Casitas pool is?

Sorry for all the questions!!

We stayed on the 2nd floor of Casitas 4, and it took less than 5minutes to walk to the pepper market. The dig site was a little bit longer, since its pretty much right across the lake and you have to walk around one way or the other to get there. The Casitas pool (right in the middle of Casitas 4) goes from 3 feet to 5 feet.

TIA
Casita 2 has an elevator, it just doesn't go to the fourth floor. You have to use the elevator in casita 3 to access the fourth floor of casita 2.

How do I make a medically necessary room request for our stay just over two weeks out?

You have to call the regular reservations line and they will contact Special Reservations for you. It depends on what you need, special requests need to be added as soon as you book, some requests may not be available this close to check in.

I appreciate the pictures Drscholls sent me of the roll in shower bathrooms, but I need to know what types of beds are in the room, some have 1 king, some have 2 queens, but I need to know which they have at CSR.

I rearranged the shelf in the fridge, and I got a gallon of milk, a gallon of OJ, a bottle of coffee creamer and grapes and carrots with room left over. We took poptarts, granola bars and fruit for quick breakfasts before we left the room. Oh, I almost forgot the oatmeal cream pies. My hubby loves those for breakfast. The oatmeal makes them healthy, you know. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter