Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely!! Weather is beautiful and we got the exact room location we requested (Casitas 4)! The room was ready even though we arrived around 9:30am :)

How long does it take you to walk to Pepper Market? I'm thinking of requesting Casitas 4 for our trip in September, but we'll be eating at Pepper Market a few times during our trip and don't want to be too far away. Also, how long to walk to the Dig Site? And do you know how deep the Casitas pool is?

Sorry for all the questions!!

I am trying to decide on a moderate resort, traveling with 2 adults- 29 and 30. I have narrowed it down to POR and CSR. From what I've read, it has been a couple of years since CSR had any refurbishments. Has anyone stayed here recently? Are the rooms beginning to show wear and tear? Also, from the pictures, the lighting in the room at CSR is flourescent. Does this make it feel sterile or office-building-like?? Finally, I've seen some pictures of CSR rooms that have a wooden crown molding instead of a wall-paper border...is this the business-club-level building or are more buildings furnished with this? Thanks!

I hope somebody here can help me. We are currently booked at Pop, but are thinking about changing to CSR, since we have never stayed there.

Our party consists of 4 adults. What I really need to know is what the rooms with a Handicapped accessible roll in shower looks like, well, how many beds do they have?

LiveToTravelNicely,
Actually CSR just went through some refurbishments within the last couple of years. CSR is one of the most up-to-date moderates. The rooms have refreshed interiors and two Queen beds (vs the normal double beds in most moderates). The old clunky TV cabinet was replaced with a lower profile cabinet and a flat screen TV on top of it. New wooden doors were added to separate the bathroom area from the room.
Have fun!

LiveToTravelNicely,
Actually CSR just went through some refurbishments within the last couple of years. CSR is one of the most up-to-date moderates. The rooms have refreshed interiors and two Queen beds (vs the normal double beds in most moderates). The old clunky TV cabinet was replaced with a lower profile cabinet and a flat screen TV on top of it. New wooden doors were added to separate the bathroom area from the room.
Have fun!

Is there still a 'real' door separating the shower and toilet from the rest of the room?

To the one who asked about the bacon at CSR:

IT'S REAL BACON!!! ;)

I had the breakfast buffet yesterday and had lots of bacon which was wonderful and crispy. Like I said a few days ago, it's not thick cut but it is definitely real and has much more meat on it than I expected! It's yummy!

Hello all:wave2:
Last year was our first ever trip to WDW and I had planned it for 2 years with the hope of getting DH to say yes to the trip...well, my decision had been between CBR or CSR, wellll, CBR won because I just liked the tropical, beachy (what little there was there) look. We really enjoyed the resort. Our room location was quiet and close to the main pool and food. I couldn't talk DH into another trip this year ( he enjoyed himself, but said it's not something we would do to often :confused3). Next year will be our next trip to WDW and I've decided on CSR! Man, this thread is long:lmao: and I'm only on page 25, but I wanted to jump ahead and say a big THANK YOU:worship: for the thread. So much information can be found here and everyone seems VERY knowledgable about it:) Hopefully when we go in November 2013 the free internet will still be happening (that would have been nice last year) and maybe my cellphone will work in the room:thumbsup2
Again, thanks for this thread!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thank you, LJSquishy, for that up to-the-minute BACON report!
I guess I'm going to have to try the breakfast buffet when I'm there in May.
Mmmm...bacon..... :)

Quick question... how is the noise at night? Can you hear other rooms and whatnot?
thanks!

To the one who asked about the bacon at CSR:

IT'S REAL BACON!!! ;)

I had the breakfast buffet yesterday and had lots of bacon which was wonderful and crispy. Like I said a few days ago, it's not thick cut but it is definitely real and has much more meat on it than I expected! It's yummy!

Thank you, LJSquishy, for that up to-the-minute BACON report!
I guess I'm going to have to try the breakfast buffet when I'm there in May.
Mmmm...bacon..... :)

Bacon girl here :laughing: THANK YOU!!! Thank you for reporting back. It's sooooo silly, but real bacon means something to me. I eat so few treats and bacon is one that I give myself (one piece on Saturday or Sunday morning) and one that I'm ok eating EVERYday on vacation!!! So I've always been bummed by the paper stuff they serve elsewhere at WDW. I'm so excited to have REAL bacon on vacation :woohoo:

Quick question... how is the noise at night? Can you hear other rooms and whatnot?
thanks!

You can hear the rooms next to you if someone is speaking at a moderately high level (not yelling but maybe a little louder than usual from excitement for example). If someone in a room next to yours is just chatting you probably won't hear anything. You may hear water running through the pipes depending on what level you are on.

It is not 100% quiet, so be prepared for that, but it is not noisy by any means. The worst part is hearing the rolling suitcases go by your room door and also noisy children passing by. But, it's not loud enough to disturb you while trying to sleep unless people are passing by your room at night which they likely won't do.

I'm in Casitas 5 2nd floor room 5273.

Im currently at Ranchos 7a, not my requested location, but, hotel was FULL with 2 conventions when we checked in, so,we were placed on a request to be moved to casitas the next day. Guess what? We did not move, ended up loving the location, close to the bus stop, quiet, close to quiet pool, not a long walk to dig site to go to pool, arcade and playground... Will probably request when we return in May... :goodvibes

Can't wait to read through the entire thread!
DH just booked our belated 15yr anniverary trip with no kids for 4 days in April staying here...I am SOOOOO excited!!

Im currently at Ranchos 7a, not my requested location, but, hotel was FULL with 2 conventions when we checked in, so,we were placed on a request to be moved to casitas the next day. Guess what? We did not move, ended up loving the location, close to the bus stop, quiet, close to quiet pool, not a long walk to dig site to go to pool, arcade and playground... Will probably request when we return in May... :goodvibes

We liked 7a too! I was surprised. 8a is my favorite location though

So the slightly psychotic planner in me just read all 64 pages of this thread and I still have a couple of questions (how, I’m not sure, but I do!)

But first off, thank you to EVERYONE for all the information. I was waffling around booking CSR for weeks and now I’m totally sold and will stop looking for other options.

Our story is that DH and I will be traveling in mid April. I had knee surgery in early January and while I’m way ahead of schedule on my rehab and I’m already treadmill walking every day, I’d still like something a little closer to El Centro and dining, bus stops, etc. With that being said, would I be ok in Casitas 4? Looks like a good location based on the map to me. I’d like to save as much walking for the parks as possible before I get worn out! And is it completely out of the realm of possibilities to get upgraded to Casitas 2 if rooms aren’t booked? Can I ask that check in (of course assuming I don’t the online check in option). Maybe some magic will happen and we’ll get free dining before we leave and then I’ll just upgrade our room to a preferred with my cost savings (a girl can dream, right?)

And when do you call to make your request for room location? When you do that is it a call directly to the resort?

Where can we refill our resort mugs that come with DDP? I’ve been reading some things that say there are two options. Is one better than another? Do they both have the same options? Last visit was at All Star Music so I know the standard soda, coffee, tea, etc. options.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to answer questions/research/post pictures. Made my life much less stressful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter