Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LJSquishy

If you get an extra momment, can you check out the pool scene for me. Is the Dig site crowded during the day or night? water temps? My kids will be bee lining it from the ME bus to the pool as soon as we get there tommorow afternoon. Thanks for any info.

if you are on the QSDP do they still bring you a bill? Have never been on a dining plan...and just my opinion I think 18-20% gratuity is a bit steep for a buffet...

i'm so excited my hands are shakin!
just booked CSR for our first ever trip to wdw (oct 1-6)
waterview...requested cabanas as thats what sold DH on CSR (he wanted CBR)...fingers crossed for enough magic to have that request fulfilled!
don't know how i'm going to handle the waiting (for ADR day and then all the way until october!!!)
my girls (6 & 3 when we go) are gonna lose their minds....we are planning to surprise them....no youtube videos from us though (unless of course they happen to have super cute reactions)
both of them LIKE surprises (and "secret missions"...which is what we are calling it) so i am not too worried about that part!!!!

I actually happened to have one of the breakfast sandwiches on Sat morning and the bacon is somewhat thin. I haven't had any bacon elsewhere in DW so I can't compare but I will say it is certainly not thick-cut bacon from home. I was able to taste the bacon, though. The breakfast sandwich had 3 slices on it.

The situation gets more curious :) The bacon across WDW is paper thin. It is ok but it is not as good as the real bacon from the store - not even comparing it to thick cut! I saw a picture someone posted of a breakfast sandwich and the bacon looked suspiciously...normal! So I just wondered if they served normal bacon vs. the WDW paper bacon since the restaurants are not 'disney' owned (or whatever they do different there). Well, paper thin or not, I just love bacon. LOVE bacon :lovestruc

Thank you for repsonding!

Pepper Market is a buffet now for breakfast and lunch. There is no surcharge during these meals. The 18-20% is a suggested tip. You can tip how you'd like. The servers will seat you, get and refill your drinks, clear your dishes and bring your check as they would at a typical TS buffet. If you would normally tip 18-20% at a buffet, then it may be helpful that they did the math for you. ;) If you tip differently, you can tip whatever you think is appropriate.

Dinner is still a la carte and still has a 10% surcharge. You can avoid the charge by getting your food to go and eating outside or in your room, or by eating instead at Cafe Rix, Laguna Bar or Siesta's.

Breakfast and lunch from the Pepper Market cannot be taken to go.

I had no idea about the surcharge during non-buffet times. Is that surcharge included with the dining plan or do you have to pay it additional? Very interesting indeed!

i'm so excited my hands are shakin!
just booked CSR for our first ever trip to wdw (oct 1-6)
waterview...requested cabanas as thats what sold DH on CSR (he wanted CBR)...fingers crossed for enough magic to have that request fulfilled!
don't know how i'm going to handle the waiting (for ADR day and then all the way until october!!!)
my girls (6 & 3 when we go) are gonna lose their minds....we are planning to surprise them....no youtube videos from us though (unless of course they happen to have super cute reactions)
both of them LIKE surprises (and "secret missions"...which is what we are calling it) so i am not too worried about that part!!!!

Congrats on the trip! Has DH been to CSR before? Just wondering how he was sold on the Cabanas section.

We surprised our kids in October and I DELETED the video of our surprise :scared1: I wasn't going to post it on YouTube or anything but I'm so bummed I did that. Have fun with it though - it's such a fun thing to surprise the kids with!

if you are on the QSDP do they still bring you a bill? Have never been on a dining plan...and just my opinion I think 18-20% gratuity is a bit steep for a buffet...

We rarely do the DDP, but when we have, they have brought us a bill that shows what the meal would have cost (so you can figure a tip) and also shows how many credits you have left.

The 18-20% is suggested by Disney, and that is how they calculate the suggested tip. I've seen that at the bottom of receipts at many other places as well. You can tip based on how you usually tip for a buffet and what kind of service you receive.

I had no idea about the surcharge during non-buffet times. Is that surcharge included with the dining plan or do you have to pay it additional? Very interesting indeed!

The surcharge at dinner is in lieu of a tip. The server seats you, brings your drinks and silverware, and gets your refills. People on the DDP have reported both being charged and not being charged the 10%. If you pay OOP, you will be charged 10% unless you take your food to go.

The mugs are still the pool scene and only three colors were available at CSR: blue, black, and pink. :thumbsup2

Not so much CSR specifically, but mugs... are they still the same ones... Mickey, Minnie and gang at the pool with pink, yellow, blue & black lids?

We'll be back in May and we're hoping for a change!

I was at the Poly last night for supper. At Capt'n Cooks, the resort mugs now look a little different. It's the same scene, the same colors (pink, black, and blue), but the shape of the lids is different. I should have taken a picture of them, but didn't.

I was at the Poly last night for supper. At Capt'n Cooks, the resort mugs now look a little different. It's the same scene, the same colors (pink, black, and blue), but the shape of the lids is different. I should have taken a picture of them, but didn't.

Tink, you may have passed my son last nighit and not even known it. He was at the Polynesian with his girlfriend walking around and then they went to watch Wishes from the beach.

Tink, you may have passed my son last nighit and not even known it. He was at the Polynesian with his girlfriend walking around and then they went to watch Wishes from the beach.

It's a small world! We were there quite a while. Ate, walked around the stores, then headed to the car during the fireworks. The Hawaiin flatbread was pretty good!

It's a small world! We were there quite a while. Ate, walked around the stores, then headed to the car during the fireworks. The Hawaiin flatbread was pretty good!

He didn't eat there...they ate at Ft. Wildnerness (his girlfriend's aunt and uncle have a camper there); but they did go to the Poly and have a drink, walk the grounds, etc., before the fireworks (I posted a pic of the two of them in my TR).

Congrats on the trip! Has DH been to CSR before? Just wondering how he was sold on the Cabanas section.
QUOTE]

DH has never been to WDW before....he wanted to stay at caribbean beach becasue he liked the kind of "vacation with a vacation" look of it
i showed him the cabanas section of coranado and convinced him that CSR could still provide his wish! (i think he is secretly fantasizing about a nap in one of those hammocks!)

QUOTE]

DH has never been to WDW before....he wanted to stay at caribbean beach becasue he liked the kind of "vacation with a vacation" look of it
i showed him the cabanas section of coranado and convinced him that CSR could still provide his wish! (i think he is secretly fantasizing about a nap in one of those hammocks!)

I've had some lovely catnaps in those hammocks (there's also two over by Casitas 5).

Just woke the kids up, who thought we were getting up early to go camping in cold rainy va for the week....NOT!!!

We are going to warm sunny DisneyWorld!!!!

They are so happy!!!! Got to love it..

On our way to the airport in a few minutes.......for a great stay at CSR!

Just woke the kids up, who thought we were getting up early to go camping in cold rainy va for the week....NOT!!!

Have a great trip. I'll be back at CSR May 5th-12th, but was at POFQ just this past week (Feb 4th-11th). Weather was wonderful! In fact, my husband and I took our 3 y/o GS for his first ever WDW trip and he swam all but two days. He had a blast. When we got back home late Saturday night, his dad and mom picked us up at the airport. He gave them both a hug and started telling them all about his trip, then as we walked out of the airport into the cool air toward the car, he shivered, grabbed his dad's leg and said "Dad, I wanna go back to Disney World where it's warm and I can swim". My son said, "Didn't you miss us?" and my GS said, "Yes, but I saw you, now I'm ready to go back. It's too cold here".:rotfl: What was so funny, is that it wasn't even that cold in Dallas Saturday night. My husband and I were still wearing shorts and t shirts and I had put my grandson on a pair of jeans and a hoody in the airport restroom in Orlando. My son was just wearing jeans and a sweatshirt when he picked us up in Dallas.

Have a fantastic trip :goodvibes

QUOTE]

Nice :thumbsup2

What an excellent surprise! Have fun!!

Have a great trip. I'll be back at CSR May 5th-12th, but was at POFQ just this past week (Feb 4th-11th). Weather was wonderful! In fact, my husband and I took our 3 y/o GS for his first ever WDW trip and he swam all but two days. He had a blast. When we got back home late Saturday night, his dad and mom picked us up at the airport. He gave them both a hug and started telling them all about his trip, then as we walked out of the airport into the cool air toward the car, he shivered, grabbed his dad's leg and said "Dad, I wanna go back to Disney World where it's warm and I can swim". My son said, "Didn't you miss us?" and my GS said, "Yes, but I saw you, now I'm ready to go back. It's too cold here".:rotfl: What was so funny, is that it wasn't even that cold in Dallas Saturday night. My husband and I were still wearing shorts and t shirts and I had put my grandson on a pair of jeans and a hoody in the airport restroom in Orlando. My son was just wearing jeans and a sweatshirt when he picked us up in Dallas.

We have some overlap in May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter