Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - after looking at the map, and talking it over with my husband, we think we stayed at Cabanas 8A last time. He said that he wants to stay there again because of how close it was to everything we liked (the bus stop, the playground). I'm a little bummed - Casitas looked BEAUTIFUL and I looooooooooooooove fountains. LOVE. But I'll just have to take a walk around that area one night then!

Casitas 5 is only about a seven minute walk to the pool and to the main building. :)

But as you said, you can always take a walk over to the Casitas one night. I suggest having a relaxing rest on one of the benchs by the fountains...very romantic.

Does anyone know what percent of the rooms are connecting? We requested connecting rooms and I want to have an idea of what our chances of receiving them are. We are arriving to MCO at 9:00 am so hopefully checking in early will help.

I don't know the number, but have stayed at CSR eight times and have received a connecting room every single time, even though we don't want one.:rotfl::rotfl:

Just a brief update on our stay last week (checked in Sunday, checked out Wednesday):

• We arrived about 11 on Sunday and the room was ready. Got a first-floor room as requested, near a bus stop.
  • Room was quite clean. (Coming from me this doesn't mean much, but my wife said the same thing, so it's legit. :) )
  • There was a towel Minnie Mouse head for my daughter's birthday. The next day her birthday pin was put into a towel flower. We never had towel animals before, so this was very nice.
  • Loved the Pepper Market buffet set up, possibly because we were on the dining plan. We might not have been so happy paying cash for it.
  • Everyone, without exception, was nice and friendly. This has always been the case at Coronado for us, and I'm always surprised at reports to the contrary.
  • In-room WiFi worked great. I had to do a project for work while there, and the WiFi saved me from lounging at McDonalds for an hour or two.

Overall, it was another great stay at our "home away from home."

Just got done reading through this entire thread ( over a course of a few days :lmao:). Lots of great info!!! But does anyone know about the convention that will be going on in the begining of March? Is it something i should be concerned about with lots of crowding and noise? This will be our first stay at CSR and we are very excited about it. We will be there from March 2nd to the 9th? We also have 2 boys age 4 and 6, we have requested Cabanas section, although i know its not guaranteed. :goodvibes Also we usually go in May anyone know how the weather usually is in the begining of March? Im sure my boys will want to utilize the pool. :) Thanks for any info. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I don't know the number, but have stayed at CSR eight times and have received a connecting room every single time, even though we don't want one.:rotfl::rotfl:

Wow! What are the odds of that?!

We had adjoining rooms once. We could both hear and smell the cologne of the two business men beside us. We ended up putting a towel under the door because of our son's allergy to the scent.

All the other stays we lucked out and didn't have an adjoining room.

Just made my reservations today! Can't wait to be there. This will be our first stay at CSR, and were having a hard time deciding between it and CBR, but thanks to this thread we were finally able to make a decision. We booked with the room only discount, and added tickets and plus dining. :D Only one dining reservation made so far, and that was to CRT, just wanted to make sure to get the day we wanted.

Just got done reading through this entire thread ( over a course of a few days :lmao:). Lots of great info!!! But does anyone know about the convention that will be going on in the begining of March? Is it something i should be concerned about with lots of crowding and noise? This will be our first stay at CSR and we are very excited about it. We will be there from March 2nd to the 9th? We also have 2 boys age 4 and 6, we have requested Cabanas section, although i know its not guaranteed. :goodvibes Also we usually go in May anyone know how the weather usually is in the begining of March? Im sure my boys will want to utilize the pool. :) Thanks for any info. :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Hi! We'll be there from March 4-11, so our trips overlap. I've been looking at the convention that is listed for our dates, and it didn't seem like anything huge. It looked like a convention for grocery store owner/operators, and there were classes nearly all day, every day of the convention. Here is the link I found:

http://www.iga.com/Corporate/Corpor...-_New_ICCI_Classroom_Training_Experience.aspx

This will be our 3rd trip this time of year. In 2010, we were able to swim at the pool. We're from Indiana, so to us it seemed warm, and since you're from Buffalo, you'll probably agree ;) I am going to request Cabanas 8A, close to the bus stop. It was a fairly short walk to the playground (which was AWESOME), the main pool, and just a short walk to El Centro.
I'll have a 2.5 year old and a 6.5 year old - maybe we'll see you at the pool! :)

Just booked two rooms for five nights in May! We're taking my mother-in-law for her first visit. My wife is really excited to bring her mom!
And it's a surprise vacation, too! We're going to tell her about the trip on her 60th birthday in February. Now my wife has to keep quiet about it for a month!

Here is a picture of their alumni from the 2011 convention:

ISMCAlumni2011_2.jpg

So not huge at all! I'm sure some of them will bring family, but their classes really do run from 8am-5pm - its a training program where they attend classes and then get a diploma at the end, from what I've read.

My family and I stayed at csr the week of dec3rd thru 10th. would recommend it to anyone. Our 2yr old and 10 month old loved the pool and dig site. Our 15 yr old and 2 yr old had a blast with the water slide. I have posted on the lost camera site but ran across this site and didn't think it would hurt to post it here too. The last night we stayed at csr (dec 9th) we were playing at the dig site and lost our camera around supper time. When we realized it, my husband went back to look for it and he talked to a cm who was sweeping and he said a gentleman about an hour earlier was asking around if anyone had lost a camera because he found one. We filed a lost claim report that night. We had to leave at 5am the next morning so were unable to talk to the empoloyees at the dig site. I called lost and found sat and sun and nothing was turned in. On monday, i talked with Myra, the lost and found coordinator, a very helpful lady, and she had talked with the employees and the gentleman went back to the area and asked the poolside bartender if anyone had inquired about losing a camera because he found one. The bartender said give it to me and i will get to lost and found. The man replied "if i give it to you how do i know it will get to the rightful owners?" nothing was ever turned into lost and found. If anyone was staying at csr at the same time (dec 9th-12th) and knows anything about this gentleman or our camera please reply. We don't want the camera just the pictures of our three beautiful girls. I will play a reward for the return of our pictures. It is a red fugifilm camera. about 100.00 at walmart. I would like to think that disney people would not pocket some else's precious memories for a cheap camera. We are all there to share fun times with our children. Our girls would love to have their memories back too. Any info would be helpful. I am hoping somebody saw or heard something that will help lead us to our pictures. I even checked the lost and found camera web sites and nothing. Please relpy if you have any info or suggestions. thanks a million

My family and I stayed at csr the week of dec3rd thru 10th. would recommend it to anyone. Our 2yr old and 10 month old loved the pool and dig site. Our 15 yr old and 2 yr old had a blast with the water slide. I have posted on the lost camera site but ran across this site and didn't think it would hurt to post it here too. The last night we stayed at csr (dec 9th) we were playing at the dig site and lost our camera around supper time. When we realized it, my husband went back to look for it and he talked to a cm who was sweeping and he said a gentleman about an hour earlier was asking around if anyone had lost a camera because he found one. We filed a lost claim report that night. We had to leave at 5am the next morning so were unable to talk to the empoloyees at the dig site. I called lost and found sat and sun and nothing was turned in. On monday, i talked with Myra, the lost and found coordinator, a very helpful lady, and she had talked with the employees and the gentleman went back to the area and asked the poolside bartender if anyone had inquired about losing a camera because he found one. The bartender said give it to me and i will get to lost and found. The man replied "if i give it to you how do i know it will get to the rightful owners?" nothing was ever turned into lost and found. If anyone was staying at csr at the same time (dec 9th-12th) and knows anything about this gentleman or our camera please reply. We don't want the camera just the pictures of our three beautiful girls. I will play a reward for the return of our pictures. It is a red fugifilm camera. about 100.00 at walmart. I would like to think that disney people would not pocket some else's precious memories for a cheap camera. We are all there to share fun times with our children. Our girls would love to have their memories back too. Any info would be helpful. I am hoping somebody saw or heard something that will help lead us to our pictures. I even checked the lost and found camera web sites and nothing. Please relpy if you have any info or suggestions. thanks a million

Hope you get your camera back!! This happened to me on our last trip. We landed late Sat night so our first real day was Sunday. We were staying at POP. Sunday morn we had to head out early for ADR at Tusker House. I went to get some tylenol for my head at the gift shop before we got on the bus. I must have put my camera down on the counter and just walked away after getting the pills. Realized it when we got to AK that I didn't have it. When we got back to the Pop I went to the front desk and thankfully someone has turned it in. On this same trip I managed to forget my Flip camera when we left for good! Flew home arrived at the house, unpacked and realized I didn't have it. Called Dis, got Lost and Found and was amazed to find that housekeeping had turned it in. Disney mailed it to me and I had it within 2 days.

Is there still an upcharge at the food court. My niece stayed there a couple years ago and told me about this. I have read about the tip. Is this the same thing or is their both? Thanks!

Hi. I am attending a conference in early May at the CSR. We have stayed at CBR, but not CSR. I know the importance of the distance to the bus stops. I realize some attendees would want to be really close the conference building. However, the conference is only 3 days and we are going to have 5 days of family play time prior to the conference. In addition to my DH and DS, my DM is also going with us. Therefore I am thinking I really want us to be close one of the first bus stops to the parks. Casitas #4, I think is near the first one. I'm not too worried about walking to the conference and know I can take a park bus to el centro to get to it as well. I need to be careful how far I push my mother and myself walking to the bus before we even get to a park or a long day after.

Does anyone else have experience with this type of situation? And if so, am I "out of my tree"? :rolleyes1

Suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

We'll be there March 3-10! :goodvibes We requested Cabanas 9B, but we're not being too picky if that doesn't happen.

We were there at the exact same time last year (Pop Century), and the weather was nice during the day but cool at night. We got 2 days of swimming in when it was in the high 70s, so that was nice.

Taking a cue from POB14's bulleted list of "just back from CSR" post, here are my thoughts after returning from a brief 3-night stay over MLK Jr weekend.

• Booked a preferred room and was assigned to Casitas #2. I've now stayed in all three sections of CSR!
  • At first, I was disappointed in my ground-floor room location, which had a parking lot view. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Since I had a rental car, the short walk to the car was nice both in the morning and night--but especially appreciated after returning from a long day of walking in the parks.
  • Wi-fi in the room worked great! And it's free! *happy (hamster) dance*
  • The A/C-Heating unit wasn't working correctly. This was very apparent when I woke up after the first night and the thermostat control showed the room temperature at 69 degrees, while the temp setting was at 74. A call to the front desk and an engineer showed up in about 10 minutes to fix the unit.
  • I tried the breakfast buffet at Pepper Market once and it was good. I wasn't on the dining plan, so I felt that $14.99 was a little high. But I wanted to try it at least once. And it certainly is a good value if you're on the dining plan.
  • All the CMs that I interacted with were tremendously friendly and helpful. Customer service was top notch during my stay.
  • Being guaranteed a room close to El Centro made paying the preferred rate worth it to me. My last stay at CSR was in the Ranchos and it really felt distant.

After several WDW trips, I've come to realize that distance to the main building is an important factor to me when choosing a resort. And it's a contributing factor to how much I enjoy my resort stay. It's one reason why I like the compactness of POFQ a lot too. For future trips, I think I'll alternate between CSR and POFQ. They're both great resorts! :goodvibes

Hi! We'll be there from March 4-11, so our trips overlap. I've been looking at the convention that is listed for our dates, and it didn't seem like anything huge. It looked like a convention for grocery store owner/operators, and there were classes nearly all day, every day of the convention.

We will be there the 4th through the 10th, with 3 boys: 11, 8 and 4. We'll look for you! It should be warm enough to swim, especially for the kids who are always impervious to cold where a swimming pool is concerned. We love Cabanas, but are with other family members across 3 rooms, so I don't know where they will put us this time.

Just a brief update on our stay last week (checked in Sunday, checked out Wednesday):

• We arrived about 11 on Sunday and the room was ready. Got a first-floor room as requested, near a bus stop.
  • Room was quite clean. (Coming from me this doesn't mean much, but my wife said the same thing, so it's legit. :) )
  • There was a towel Minnie Mouse head for my daughter's birthday. The next day her birthday pin was put into a towel flower. We never had towel animals before, so this was very nice.
  • Loved the Pepper Market buffet set up, possibly because we were on the dining plan. We might not have been so happy paying cash for it.
  • Everyone, without exception, was nice and friendly. This has always been the case at Coronado for us, and I'm always surprised at reports to the contrary.
  • In-room WiFi worked great. I had to do a project for work while there, and the WiFi saved me from lounging at McDonalds for an hour or two.

Overall, it was another great stay at our "home away from home."

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you had a great time! :cool1:

Just made my reservations today! Can't wait to be there. This will be our first stay at CSR, and were having a hard time deciding between it and CBR, but thanks to this thread we were finally able to make a decision. We booked with the room only discount, and added tickets and plus dining. :D Only one dining reservation made so far, and that was to CRT, just wanted to make sure to get the day we wanted.

Have a magical trip! :goodvibes

Just booked two rooms for five nights in May! We're taking my mother-in-law for her first visit. My wife is really excited to bring her mom!
And it's a surprise vacation, too! We're going to tell her about the trip on her 60th birthday in February. Now my wife has to keep quiet about it for a month!

That's a wonderful surprise! Hope everyone has a great time! :goodvibes

So sorry about the camera! I think lost items go to a central Lost and Found after a few days (that might be just for the parks, but I think it is for the resorts, too). I'll try to find a central lost and found number for you.

Is there still an upcharge at the food court. My niece stayed there a couple years ago and told me about this. I have read about the tip. Is this the same thing or is their both? Thanks!

There is a 10% service charge at dinner only, unless you get your food to go. Breakfast and lunch are a buffet and there is no service charge - you can tip based on what you feel the service deserves.

Hi. I am attending a conference in early May at the CSR. We have stayed at CBR, but not CSR. I know the importance of the distance to the bus stops. I realize some attendees would want to be really close the conference building. However, the conference is only 3 days and we are going to have 5 days of family play time prior to the conference. In addition to my DH and DS, my DM is also going with us. Therefore I am thinking I really want us to be close one of the first bus stops to the parks. Casitas #4, I think is near the first one. I'm not too worried about walking to the conference and know I can take a park bus to el centro to get to it as well. I need to be careful how far I push my mother and myself walking to the bus before we even get to a park or a long day after.

Does anyone else have experience with this type of situation? And if so, am I "out of my tree"? :rolleyes1

Suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

The first bus stop to the parks is the casitas stop. Preferred rooms are casitas 1, 2 and 3, which would put you in between the convention center and the casitas stop, if you want a preferred room. Casita 4 is a great, non-preferred location that is very close to the casitas stop, but it is just a request. You might end up at the other end of the resort if they can't put you in casita 4. If you don't get your request, you can ask to be moved at check-in or offer to pay for a preferred room (if there are any available).

Taking a cue from POB14's bulleted list of "just back from CSR" post, here are my thoughts after returning from a brief 3-night stay over MLK Jr weekend.

• Booked a preferred room and was assigned to Casitas #2. I've now stayed in all three sections of CSR!
  • At first, I was disappointed in my ground-floor room location, which had a parking lot view. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Since I had a rental car, the short walk to the car was nice both in the morning and night--but especially appreciated after returning from a long day of walking in the parks.
  • Wi-fi in the room worked great! And it's free! *happy (hamster) dance*
  • The A/C-Heating unit wasn't working correctly. This was very apparent when I woke up after the first night and the thermostat control showed the room temperature at 69 degrees, while the temp setting was at 74. A call to the front desk and an engineer showed up in about 10 minutes to fix the unit.
  • I tried the breakfast buffet at Pepper Market once and it was good. I wasn't on the dining plan, so I felt that $14.99 was a little high. But I wanted to try it at least once. And it certainly is a good value if you're on the dining plan.
  • All the CMs that I interacted with were tremendously friendly and helpful. Customer service was top notch during my stay.
  • Being guaranteed a room close to El Centro made paying the preferred rate worth it to me. My last stay at CSR was in the Ranchos and it really felt distant.

After several WDW trips, I've come to realize that distance to the main building is an important factor to me when choosing a resort. And it's a contributing factor to how much I enjoy my resort stay. It's one reason why I like the compactness of POFQ a lot too. For future trips, I think I'll alternate between CSR and POFQ. They're both great resorts! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review! Glad you had a great trip! :banana:

The last night we stayed at csr (dec 9th) we were playing at the dig site and lost our camera around supper time. When we realized it, my husband went back to look for it and he talked to a cm who was sweeping and he said a gentleman about an hour earlier was asking around if anyone had lost a camera because he found one. We filed a lost claim report that night. We had to leave at 5am the next morning so were unable to talk to the empoloyees at the dig site. I called lost and found sat and sun and nothing was turned in. . . . Please relpy if you have any info or suggestions. thanks a million

Amanda,

I found this info on allears.net:

If you lose something at your Disney resort, and you are still on property, check with the Front Desk first to see if it was turned in. Unlabeled Items found in the resorts, that can't be traced to a guest, are also sent to Central Lost and Found. If you discover that you left something behind after you leave for home, contact Central Lost and Found at 407-824-4245. If they have your item, they will send it to you.

Is this the number you called?

Hope the camera turns up!

Only 22 or so days to go for me!

Is there any specific information people are wondering about in regards to CSR such as item prices, selection, etc on certain things? I am volunteering myself to find out whatever you want to know or take photos of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter